The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I dont know if this is in Intrada's territory or radar but I'd love to have THE LAND BEFORE TIME. James Horner's gorgeous epic score for this animated film is just stunnng. 

4 hours ago, Bellosh said:

some parts of The Land Before Time just make me :crymore:

It's a tough one for me personally to listen to at times.  That movie was really something else when I was a kid.

The mother's death.😭

Land Before Time and An American Tail have some lovely animation at times, although I've never much cared for the Don Bluth style, and the score and songs are pretty good, but I wouldn't drop everything to watch the things.

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've never seen an animated film that Horner scored.  I guess I should rectify that

Do you know Balto score, Jay? It's great!

Karol

I've checked out the Intrada expansions of Balto and American Tail. I  couldn't get into them, which could stem from never having seen the films.

One day I'll revisit them

7 hours ago, Jay said:

I've checked out the Intrada expansions of Balto and American Tail. I  couldn't get into them, which could stem from never having seen the films.

One day I'll revisit them

Viewing BALTO will help you better appreciate the score.

• 1 month later...

I'll probably get it eventually, but won't know for sure until we watch the thing.  Usually indifferent on the Newton Bros on album, but did really enjoy their Hill House one.

Interesting that Intrada got this one after LLL did the previous.

I have the Newton Bros' score to a horror movie called Hush, and it's mostly just ambient wandering, with a handful of highlights that drew my attention in the first place.

Bly Manor is already available digitally anyway.

Hush is great!  I tend to find that the Newton Bros stuff works very well/effectively in films, but on album not so much - it's a lot of droning-type support of scenes.  The Hill House album was a whole season of highlights condensed, and I think it's their best work to listen to outside of the film. 

I also love all of Flanagan's work, including the aforementioned 

On 10/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, mstrox said:

Hush is great!  I tend to find that the Newton Bros stuff works very well/effectively in films, but on album not so much - it's a lot of droning-type support of scenes.  The Hill House album was a whole season of highlights condensed, and I think it's their best work to listen to outside of the film. 

I also love all of Flanagan's work, including the aforementioned 

I find that most of this type of scoring could be achieved very easy just using some library music. Most typical horror/psychological scores like this aren't really adding much to the existing scoring world, IMO.

What I'm usually after, in true Thor-fashion, is the highlights, where the composer's actually come up with something interesting for the odd moment here and there. Of course, which moments those are, are unpredictable, so you want all (or most) of the music to start with.

There are certainly moments of highlights in their scores to Hush, Before I Wake, etc.  But a lot of their stuff is creeping dread, perhaps by a larger percentage than even other horror scores.  Still, works amazingly in those films - its primary use!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Next week's title is a re-issue of their re-recording of Miklós Rózsa's Ivanhoe by Bruce Broughton and the Sinfonia of London, originally released in 1994

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8612

6 hours ago, scallenger said:

Are these the last Intrada titles of the year?

I think we should get another at the end of the month. 

3 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Coming next month from Intrada:

" Another Collection of Cues"

Remixed and remastered.

You said it. 😄 Stay tuned. 

Next week, Intrada Records will be re-releasing their classic recording of IVANHOE, with Bruce Broughton conducting the City of London Sinfonia. The audio has been remixed and remastered from the original multi-track masters, the artwork has been updated to match Intrada's current style, and Douglass Fake has added a Tech Talk for the booklet. He has also added about ten seconds of additional drumming to one of the tracks. But most exciting of all is the news that the audio will be available for the first time in high-res format, available from various download retailers. If you have the equipment to do them justice, these high-res files may well be worth the upgrade. Don't wait if you want to buy the physical CD -- it is a limited run available only for 45 days or until the supply is exhausted.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/miklosrozsa/ivanhoe-redux-t1980.html?sid=e3f74d9025494729d0c35e0901bde42d

6 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

How much music is missing from the Field of Dreams OST? I had the impression that it was pretty much complete.

About 10 minutes, apparently: https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=110590

Roger Feigelson at Intrada posted this one highlight cue in his "That Unreleased Cue" thread:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/06li3ffcpvmbp0h/Number 7.mp3?dl=0

Yavar

According to Doug's Corner, in addition to Ivanhoe tonight, some Temporarily Out Of Stock titles will have new stock available tonight as well

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8614

40 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

How much music is missing from the Field of Dreams OST? I had the impression that it was pretty much complete.

Well, I never picked up the ost so if they do a SINGLE disc edition , I might be down for it.😊

32 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

About 10 minutes, apparently: https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=110590

Roger Feigelson at Intrada posted this one highlight cue in his "That Unreleased Cue" thread:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/06li3ffcpvmbp0h/Number 7.mp3?dl=0

Yavar

Thanks Yavar.

It appears all the unreleased cues are extremly Short.

If they do this , it must be single disc; no OST. I can pick up the ost for five bucks IF I want the curated program

I called it!

That clip is James Earl Jones from FOD.

Take that Schiffy! 😆

Never doubt the prophecies of Bruce Marshall aka THE PONER*

The Poner knows.

* Predictor Of New and Expanded Releases.