The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

2 hours ago, Amer said:

So I suppose Elfman and Williams are going to be the next in line after the new 2CD Kamen set comes out. 

Looks like May will be an expensive month ie. If you also add La La Land's great lineup. 😉

Here's hoping the flood isn't far off! El Nino never was that reliable... :P

42 minutes ago, Amer said:

For Elfman, maybe Sommersby or Beetlejuice

I had SOMMERSBY but It seemed relatively complete.

Of course, I have different definitions of ' complete' than most😉.

I thought MI ost was just fine!

I’m an Elfman mark so I’d buy any and all, but at this point I’m most interested in premiere releases tbh - Family Man, Dead Presidents, Freeway, Hot to Trot, Summer School, Back to School film tracks, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you wanting an expansion of THREE MUSKETEERS may, I repeat MAY, get your wish.

Keep hope alive!😁

On 2/22/2021 at 7:34 PM, WampaRat said:

Fingers crossed the Kamen score is an expanded Three Musketeers. :) I even made custom covers to send good vibes into the universe. 

A968BB29-0378-4FAD-B4DE-0DFCA644264D.jpeg

33ADF626-ACC4-47F6-B055-6A506A7EFFE5.jpeg

Who knows? ☺

On 2/9/2021 at 8:09 AM, Jay said:

Well nothing is predictable, but we're hoping for more stuff by DeVol, Kamen, Goldsmith, Eflman, Williams, Goldsmith, Bernstein, Folk, Goldsmith, Poledouris, Zimmer. But who knows...things change rapidly!

We now know what the Folk title is from Roger's composer list quoted above:

Intrada is currently working on an updated cd release of Toy Soldiers! 🌈🎥🎼

https://www.facebook.com/mmuk64/posts/10157546615776805?comment_id=10157546718106805

For those who can't see the link, it's a comment by Robert Folk on a post Jon Broxton made about Toy Soldiers.

Was this news part of the Robert Folk interview on Erik Woods online show or just an announcement on the above link? 

I don't know what that is. My link will take you to the post, it's a Jon Broxton post, nothing to do with Erik Woods

For those who don't know, Rio Conchos is a 1964 film that never had its original score released until FSM released it in 1999.  It was later released again by Kritzerland in 2014, and then by La-La Land in 2018 (paired with 100 Rifles), which is still in print.

Since there never was an OST album, Jerry re-recorded one in 1989 for Intrada.  That release was already remastered and re-released (with "End Cast" and 2 alternate takes included as bonus tracks) in 2013.  I hadn't realized the 2013 edition was OOP!  I wonder how different the mastering is between 2013 and now?

I always thought it would have been nice if Intrada picked up the rights to the original recordings after the FSM, Krizterland, or LLL editions sold out, and made a new 2CD set with the film recordings and re-recording in one package, but I guess that'll never happen now

• 2 weeks later...

I got bored and dug up Roger's quote about upcoming titles again

On 2/9/2021 at 8:09 AM, Jay said:

Well nothing is predictable, but we're hoping for more stuff by DeVol, Kamen, Goldsmith, Eflman, Williams, Goldsmith, Bernstein, Folk, Goldsmith, Poledouris, Zimmer. But who knows...things change rapidly!

Titles aren't coming out in the same order he listed them, but 6 out of the 11 are known now

1. DeVol - Flight of the Phoenix (Feb 23)
  2. Kamen - Company Business (Apr 6)
  3. Goldsmith - Face of a Fugitive (Mar 23)
  4. Elfman - ????????????????????
  5. Williams - ????????????????????
  6. Goldsmith - Rio Conchos (May 4)
  7. Bernstein - Legal Eagles (Mar 9)
  8. Folk - Toy Soldiers (TBD)
  9. Goldsmith - ????????????????????
  10. Poledouris - ????????????????????
  11. Zimmer - ????????????????????

The 5 most exciting composers (for me) remain!

What could they be?

Elfman - Midnight Run? Nightbreed? Sommersby? Dead Presidents? To Die For? The Frighteners? Men In Black? A Simple Plan? Sleepy Hollow?

Goldsmith - maybe they are re-mastering their Islands In The Stream re-recording like they did for Ivanhoe and Rio Conchos?

Poledouris - Jungle Book? Les Misérables?

Zimmer - Bird on a Wire? Fools of Fortune? Pacific Heights? Toys? Cool Runnings? Radio Flyer?

Well when it comes to Williams, he has a huge amount of scores left to expand or premiere

You can poke through Williams' scored listed either by film studio or by music label, but you can't really narrow it down because Intrada has worked with all those film studios and all those music labels. 

It could be literally any of them that isn't Presumed Innocent (Varese) or Star Wars / Indy (Disney Records)

Or it could even be a television work that isn't on those lists....

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

I got bored and dug up Roger's quote about upcoming titles again

Titles aren't coming out in the same order he listed them, but 6 out of the 11 are known now

1. DeVol - Flight of the Phoenix (Feb 23)
  2. Kamen - Company Business (Apr 6)
  3. Goldsmith - Face of a Fugitive (Mar 23)
  4. Elfman - ????????????????????
  5. Williams - ????????????????????
  6. Goldsmith - Rio Conchos (May 4)
  7. Bernstein - Legal Eagles (Mar 9)
  8. Folk - Toy Soldiers (TBD)
  9. Goldsmith - ????????????????????
  10. Poledouris - ????????????????????
  11. Zimmer - ????????????????????

The 5 most exciting composers (for me) remain!

What could they be?

Elfman - Midnight Run? Nightbreed? Sommersby? Dead Presidents? To Die For? The Frighteners? Men In Black? A Simple Plan? Sleepy Hollow?

Goldsmith - maybe they are re-mastering their Islands In The Stream re-recording like they did for Ivanhoe and Rio Conchos?

Poledouris - Jungle Book? Les Misérables?

Zimmer - Bird on a Wire? Fools of Fortune? Pacific Heights? Toys? Cool Runnings? Radio Flyer?

The Poledouris is almost certainly the long-in-the-works Conan the Destroyer...but I would be ecstatic for one of the two you mentioned. And more than anything else I want an expansion of Free Willy 2 -- the Sony soundtrack album only included three cues (about ten minutes) of that amazing thematic orchestral seafaring score, compared with its predecessor which also got a score/song combo album but which had almost half an hour of score and much better represented the highlights of that one.

For Zimmer, Cool Runnings would be neat. For Elfman, I'd love for The Nightmare Before Christmas to get a definitive standalone release, with everything he recorded for the film.

The Goldsmith I think is more likely to be a surprise rather than just another reissue so soon after Rio Conchos/The Artist Who Did Not Want to Paint. They did that one because the previous CD edition had sold out. The previous CD edition of their Islands in the Stream re-recording on the other hand is still in print so I doubt they feel any urgency to "bring it back" yet.

You should be more excited about Robert Folk's Toy Soldiers. It's an incredible score; probably his best.

Yavar

19 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

The Poledouris is almost certainly the long-in-the-works Conan the Destroyer

Wow, somehow I legit forgot about that!

more than anything else I want an expansion of Free Willy 2 -- the Sony soundtrack album only included three cues (about ten minutes) of that amazing thematic orchestral seafaring score, compared with its predecessor which also got a score/song combo album but which had almost half an hour of score and much better represented the highlights of that one.

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to check out his Free Willy scores!

For Elfman, I'd love for The Nightmare Before Christmas to get a definitive standalone release, with everything he recorded for the film.

Man, I would love that soooo so much!  I have a feeling that's a score Disney Records will forever keep for themselves, though.  Here's hoping for an entry in the Legacy Collection - and that they hire Neil to oversee it and he is given the free reign to make it completely definitive!

The Goldsmith I think is more likely to be a surprise rather than just another reissue so soon after Rio Conchos

I'm sure you already know what is is ;)

You should be more excited about Robert Folk's Toy Soldiers.

What led you to assume that I am not?

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to check out his Free Willy scores!

All three scores in the trilogy are wonderful. I used to fantasize about Varese doing a trilogy Deluxe Edition box set along the lines of their Karate Kid set, since they control Cliff Eidelman's score (with some references to Poledouris) for the third score in perpetuity. But Free Willy 2 is by far the best of the three scores, IMO, but most people don't know it because only 10 minutes got released compared to almost half an hour for the scores on either side of it.

Man, I would love that soooo so much!  I have a feeling that's a score Disney Records will forever keep for themselves, though.  Here's hoping for an entry in the Legacy Collection - and that they hire Neil to oversee it and he is given the reigns to make it definitive!

That would be amazing.

I'm sure you already know what is is ;)

I know things it could be. I thought I knew what the three Goldsmith releases in Roger's list were (no I'm not talking :)), but then the Rio Conchos reissue turned out to be a total surprise and threw me off...

What makes you assume I am not?

Oh, just that you wrote "The 5 most exciting composers (for me) remain!" (seemed to imply the Robert Folk was on the less exciting end, for you)

Yavar

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Oh, just that you wrote "The 5 most exciting composers (for me) remain!" (seemed to imply the Robert Folk was on the less exciting end, for you)

Yavar

I wasn't implying that no; I was just saying the remaining composers are the most exciting to me in terms of their entire bodies of work.  I wasn't commenting in any way on the titles that had been revealed (I've never actually heard Flight of the Phoenix, Company Business, Face of a Fugitive, Rio Conchos, Legal Eagles, or Toy Soldiers before in any form nor seen any of those movies)

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

I bought the 2013 remaster (and the LLL edition of the film recordings), just haven't had time to check out either yet

Make Track 1 of the Intrada LSO album (The Artist Who Did Not Want to Paint) priority listening, ASAP. My single favorite piece by Goldsmith and I like the incredible LSO version even better than the more intimate sounding original. Seriously, it's essential. Give it a try and maybe you'll be inspired to let the disc keep playing into Rio Conchos.

Yavar

34 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Make Track 1 of the Intrada LSO album (The Artist Who Did Not Want to Paint) priority listening, ASAP. My single favorite piece by Goldsmith and I like the incredible LSO version even better than the more intimate sounding original. Seriously, it's essential. Give it a try and maybe you'll be inspired to let the disc keep playing into Rio Conchos.

Yavar

This is the main reason why I bought this. I've got the digital version ofthe original recording. Missed that one. :(

Karol

The original album also had stuff like the (admittedly cool) Patrick Stewart narration which was not even in the film. I want a two disc set with every alternate and demo. Disc 1 would be all film versions of songs and score in chronological order.

Yavar

I wonder if Intrada has a title on the 18th or not?

Jan 12 - Psycho III {revealed 11 days prior on Friday Jan 1}

Jan 26 - none 

Feb 9 - none

Feb 23 - Flight of the Phoenix {revealed 7 days prior on Tuesday Feb 16}

Mar 9 - Legal Eagles {revealed 10 days prior on Saturday Feb 27}

Mar 23 - Face of a Fugitive {revealed 24 days prior on Saturday Feb 27}

Apr 6 - Company Business {revealed 5 days prior on Thursday Apr 1}

Apr 20 - none

May 4 - Rio Conchos {revealed 5 days prior on Thursday Apr 29}

May 18 - ??? {nothing posted yet, currently 5 days prior}

Jun 1 - ???

Jun 15 - ???

Jun 29 - ???

9 hours ago, TSMefford said:

Just popping in to say that I, too, would love an expansion of all three Free Willy scores, but especially the 2nd. It’s due time for it!

I remember trying to take a cassette recorder to a repeated cinema viewing to try and get a recording of the climactic burning oil scene music, which I missed sorely on the rudimentary CD :unsure:, but for the life of me can't remember how that turned out... suffice to say, a comprehensive release of this score would be most welcome!

11 hours ago, ChrisAfonso said:

I remember trying to take a cassette recorder to a repeated cinema viewing to try and get a recording of the climactic burning oil scene music, which I missed sorely on the rudimentary CD :unsure:,

FBI has been notified.

😉