The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

On 5/12/2021 at 2:35 PM, Jay said:

Additionally in the box set, on various other discs, you can find the original demo versions of all the songs (all with Elfman vocals instead of the cast), instrumental versions of all the songs, and some new musicbox recordings.

For NIGHTMARE, if they did ever do a new release, I do hope they still include the song instrumentals on a second disc. It was a grail for me to finally have those. However, if they do, I hope they fix the volume leveling issues of them. It is clear they took them from a stem (you can even still hear a vocal echo faintly in one part of a track), which is fine since it is likely the only way to do it. But the uneven volume leveling within each of the tracks (which I suppose was done as part of the film mix for the vocals and effects) was distracting and inconsistent. I was able to fix this largely myself, but it'd be nice to have it professionally done I suppose. "What's This?" is the biggest example of this, and it even cuts off the final bit where Jack would have said "Christmas Town? Hmmm...", where music was still playing.

Also, I may be wrong, but wasn't there still at least one score cue that was NOT included in the set for NIGHTMARE? I don't recall which part it was now, but it may have been when the Mayor is ringing the doorbell looking for Jack in Halloween Town before he comes back from Christmas Town.

Yea I do believe there was was still one short cue not included in the box, and yea, the presentation of the instrumental mixes was very amateurish and I'm sure if Neil or Mike were given all the elements that exist they'd make a better album

On 5/15/2021 at 11:10 AM, scallenger said:

Also, I may be wrong, but wasn't there still at least one score cue that was NOT included in the set for NIGHTMARE? I don't recall which part it was now, but it may have been when the Mayor is ringing the doorbell looking for Jack in Halloween Town before he comes back from Christmas Town.

There is a section of unreleased music between Doctor Finkelstein / In the Forest. It does have the same themes heard in Sally's Lament / Wandering Jack.

Been ages since I bought anything indulgent (movies, games, soundtracks), but I always liked Deepstar Six’s opening theme and never had a means of hearing the rest.   Grabbed it just for the fun of having a monster movie score I hadn’t heard before!

Intrada would love to release Giorgio Moroder's score to Over The Top, but the elements can't be found

It's a pity that this fascinating score hasn't been released yet ... :(
I'm starting to think it will never happen ...

It won't until the music elements surface. Haven't had any luck finding them.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=83915#p83915

Does anyone know when the next Intrada release is planned? I'd like to get one more order in before the EU starts to charge customs on everything.

1 hour ago, fommes said:

Does anyone know when the next Intrada release is planned? I'd like to get one more order in before the EU starts to charge customs on everything.

June 1st they are releasing Shamus by Jerry Goldsmith.

Yavar

They pretty consistently release titles every-other week, though occasionally miss one if nothing is ready. 

Jan 12 - Psycho III

Jan 26 - none 

Feb 9 - none

Feb 23 - Flight of the Phoenix

Mar 9 - Legal Eagles

Mar 23 - Face of a Fugitive

Apr 6 - Company Business

Apr 20 - none

May 4 - Rio Conchos

May 18 - Deepstar Six

Jun 1 - Shamus

Jun 15 - ???

Jun 29 - ???

On 5/30/2021 at 8:10 AM, fommes said:

CALL OF THE WILD?

Fingers crossed

Holy F*ing s**t

Shipping to Europe nowadays:

effective March 31 2021
Europe (Air Mail)
1 Disc $16.00
2-7 Discs $26.00
8-11 Discs $41.00
12-15 Discs $60.00
16-19 Discs $76.00
20-23 Discs $80.00
24-27 Discs $95.00
then $4.00 for every 4 Discs thereafter

I have never ordered more than 2 things... And with lack of stock lately..is imposible to do batch orders... and its risky not getting CDs on release date...

I'm pretty sure last time I ordered from Intrada, the cost for 2 discs at checkout wasn't as much as it said on their shipping page. It's worth making up a mock order to confirm the final total.

It's why I picked up War of the Worlds individually in the end.

Move to America.

You pay little for shipping but hospitalization will bankrupt you!

Then, 

it won't matter😒

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The best is to order seven albums, possibly several copies of popular titles to fill up the order. Then sell them on JWFAN when they're OOP.

Worked for me!

Screenshot_2021-05-10-22-09-32~4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update from Doug Fake:

6/21/2021

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

Though there have been oodles of new Jerry Goldsmith CDs released to fans everywhere, I will step outside my comfort zone as one of those fans and admit the recent release I keep returning to these last few days was written by another composer. Yep! This says nothing less of the Goldsmith titles, only that I’m playing one by Maurice Jarre endlessly at the moment. Music Box Records unearthed an early gem by the Academy Award-winner, in this instance his terrific score for the 1964 WWII picture Weekend At Dunkirk. I saw the film at our military base theater when I was just a kid and immediately took a liking to Jarre’s music. This is the fabulous era when he delivered The Train and Behold A Pale Horse, to say nothing of his earlier Lawrence Of Arabia and soon-to-be Doctor Zhivago and The Collector. What a run of incredible scores! In fairness to the Goldsmith junkies, some of his recent releases came from Intrada so I’ve listened to them in far more detail than I’m likely to ever manage with Weekend At Dunkirk. In any case, if you admire early Jarre music, that latter title is one to savor. Coming next from Intrada is another one to savor, courtesy of our relationship with Disney. Stay tuned.

9 minutes ago, Holko said:

Could it be Call of the Wild? Powell confirmed it was coming.

No way it's Call of the Wild! Intrada wouldn't get everyone's hopes up with a boring physical release of an album that was released digitally 1.5 years ago, right?

I'd love an expansion of Call of the Wild but considering it's an LA recording, presumably any release would just be a straight reissue of the digital OST.

Those damn union fees are such a buzzkill; that score deserves an expansion.

50 minutes ago, Chewy said:

a boring physical release of an album that was released digitally 1.5 years ago, right?

I'll be happy for those who never bought it digitally (or even haven't heard it yet at all), but for the rest of us..... my sentiments are close to this.

Not sure I feel I need any more music from this anyway - compared to what I heard in my brief viewing of parts of the film, the album is an excellent listening experience.

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

No way it's Call of the Wild! Intrada wouldn't get everyone's hopes up with a boring physical release of an album that was released digitally 1.5 years ago, right?

see here

&

here

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

I'd love an expansion of Call of the Wild but considering it's an LA recording, presumably any release would just be a straight reissue of the digital OST.

Those damn union fees are such a buzzkill; that score deserves an expansion.

67 minutes isn’t long enough for you?

59 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Yes, please! :lovethis:

Well its 4th of July in coming weeks!  So who knows?? 

Doug Fake confirms its.. THE CALL OF THE WILD

6/27/2021

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

Be here this Tuesday and consider ordering Intrada’s new CD of John Powell’s absolutely splendid score for 20th Century Studios’ The Call Of The Wild, starring Harrison Ford. Powell melds outdoor splendor with rousing excitement in this evocative telling of Jack London’s famed canine classic. On a totally random note, my movie viewing these last few days included Last Train From Gun Hill, a 1959 feature now available as part of the Paramount Presents line of Blu-ray titles. John Sturges directs, Kirk Douglas and Anthony Quinn star, albeit Earl Holliman and Carolyn Jones offer equally superb performances in their secondary roles. Viewers get Sturges helming a western that’s lean and mean. Takes no prisoners, literally. Sturges focuses on the core story of justice and revenge and never strays. Socko! Dimitri Tiomkin provides the propulsive score, fashioned in his busy and frenzied signature style, replete with a vast array of solo colors set within his dynamic orchestra. Watch this one for the players, the western action, the solid story (by Les Crutchfield), that terrific Tiomkin score - or for a great example of John Sturges, just following up on his legendary Gunfight At The O.K. Corral with Douglas this time playing alongside Burt Lancaster, boasting another landmark Tiomkin score. And of course, the following year after Gun Hill, Sturges gave the world his incomparable The Magnificent Seven, with an equally incomparable score by Elmer Bernstein. John Powell’s flavorful The Call Of The Wild fits in comfortably with those prior classics! Check out the contents, artwork and sound samples this Monday eve and add this one to your film music library!

7 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

You weren’t able to watch the film until there was a CD release of the score?

I couldn't be bothered watching the film in general.