The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Who are these exciting backers you're referring to?

Haha. I would've said "who" in that case. It's the videos which are exciting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/129145902/black-patch-the-man-jerry-goldsmith-new-recording/posts

Yavar

On 18/10/2021 at 6:12 PM, Bespin said:

Use EAC to encode CDs.

If you still have problems... purchase a newer CD external drive!

It's not the program that is the issue, moreso the drives, since there's an odd amount of CDs where it has an error on one or another. It gets amusing thinking about it, since I technically have had to rely on 3-4 drives to get much of my collection ripped.

On 01/09/2021 at 12:14 AM, Jay said:

The Bernstein Ava Collection released in 2014 is only available for 7 more days

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8567/.f

After those seven days had passed, Intrada clearly had some copies left that's currently being sold for the same price on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IIC1WWM/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The sound samples on Intrada's website won't play in my browser (Chrome on a PC). Any advice on how to fix it?

Yeah Chrome won't play M3U in browser.  To avoid having to open in another program, I copy the address and change:

http://www.intrada.com/sound/tkamwotws_01.m3u

To

http://www.intrada.com/sound/tkamwotws_01.mp3

And that opens in browser.

Once every 20 years or so

The last one was in June, 2010

6/15/10
We know you have choices. Lots of them. New CDs coming out your ears, so to speak. To this end, we're offering a tiny respite from our normal releasing pattern, albeit just a brief one. To help you get some things you may not have been able to acquire yet, and to help us make room for a whole lot of stuff coming in, we're extending to you a special one-week-only sale on some of our limited edition titles that currently remain in supply in our warehouse. We'll post the titles and begin shipping orders on Tuesday, June 22, just as we normally would have done with our next set of new releases. For the following seven days, you may enjoy the special savings. After one week, prices go back to normal without exceptions... and hopefully we'll have made some more room for the ever-growing batches of incoming stuff. Hopefully you'll find some titles of interest, too!

I forgot they also did one in 2014 when they moved from Antioch St to College Ave

We are posting a two week sale, running from this coming Tuesday (July 22) through August 4. Our upcoming releases for this year will take whatever room is left in our two small warehouse rooms which sit within our regular office complex. The office environment is being overtaken by the warehouse environment. We're creating office cubicles out of boxes now... which isn't ideal. Employees keep disappearing behind various rows!

We love where we are and don't want to move to another location but the discussion is now actually on the table here. I say pooh on that IF we can move enough of these boxes from our hands to yours.

So... the sale will include EVERY Intrada label release, including all MAF, Signature and Special Collection titles with the single exception of the Disney/Intrada co-branded releases such as Toy Story 3, The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and so forth. (Those have certain pricing restrictions.) But all other CDs on our label, be they recent or ancient, be they amongst our hits or our misses will be included with this special sale. The discount will apply to what we have in stock during the sale and while supplies last, of course. We will hold off for these two weeks on our new releases while the sale runs.

The discount will be 30% off of normal retail and all specially-discounted prices should be posted on the site so you need not have to calculate anything. Unless doing math is one of your other favorite hobbies - the first, of course, being to acquire new soundtracks. :)
--Doug

P.S. As to creating more space here vs. moving to a new location... we're probably just kicking the can down the road. But hopefully this sale may make it easier for you to take the plunge and acquire something you've been sitting on the fence about. In any case, thank you for checking things out.

On 21/10/2021 at 8:11 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

The sound samples on Intrada's website won't play in my browser (Chrome on a PC). Any advice on how to fix it?

Windows PC? Get Linux.

On 22/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

What are you ordering?

Land Before Time, Apollo 13, and American Tail. They'll make nice appetizers for my main course of The Pagemaster.

I was also gonna do Eiger, but I have to wait til it's back in stock.

15 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Land Before Time, Apollo 13, and American Tail. They'll make nice appetizers for my main course of The Pagemaster.

I was also gonna do Eiger, but I have to wait til it's back in stock.

Nice. Alas, I've checked out Time and Tail, and they didn't quite appeal to me. Apollo 13 is on my maybe list.

Don't know if I like that one yet, I ordered it because it's cheap. :D In my CD collection I've got Titanic (OST), Braveheart (OST + expansion), Willow, The Rocketeer (expansion), Legends of the Fall (OST), Swing Kids, and Living in the Age of Airplanes. I'm planning to check out The Wrath of Khan.

3 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

So you just HAVE a lot of Horners, you don't LIKE them? Legends of the Fall is one of my favs, I hope you like that one at least.

The ones I've got in my CD collection I obviously like enough to purchase. :)

And I wouldn't call less than 10 albums a lot...

I really got into some kind of Horner fever after listening to Aliens. So, I payed special attention to every Horner score in movies I saw. But all I ever heard was Aliens again and again. Patriot Games, Gorki Park...

Are you implying you're not a hipster?

I never had the taste nor the talent. 

Nerd hits it better, I am afraid.

12 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I really got into some kind of Horner fever after listening to Aliens. So, I payed special attention to every Horner score in movies I saw. But all I ever heard was Aliens again and again. Patriot Games, Gorki Park...

I never had the taste nor the talent. 

Nerd hits it better, I am afraid.

ALIENS is the most derivative, unoriginal drivel Horner ever composed.

59 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Doesn't it add just about 15 minutes of mainly redundant material?

I dunno, but it does extend the piano piece, so for you, it's twice as good.

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

@Smeltington, does one need taste or talent to be a hipster?

Taste, yes. But GerateWohl doesn't even listen to LPs.

1 hour ago, bruce marshall said:

ALIENS is the most derivative, unoriginal drivel Horner ever composed.

I believe you. Some of the Horner scores I heard afterwards were from before Aliens.  But since I heard that one first,  it was my reference. 

You mentioned once Wolfen, which was probably one of his most original scores, that he derived from 50% of the material he did afterwards. But this is again that usual Horner discussion.