The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Debbie Downer Moradi.

๐Ÿ˜†

Well......since it went out of print/stock alot of fans have been clamoring for it- no judgements.

ย 

THE BLACK STALLION was originally released on.cd paired with...RETURNS.

Intrada released a three CD set of TBS with the LP program of the first one.

Actually, I made it into a ' four CD ' set by including the Prometheus

ย 

Tbh I have BOTH so I don't care๐Ÿ˜„

20211102_202210.jpg

12 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's a new Elfman/Batman release.

Maybe THE BATMAN ( release date March 22)?

On 01/11/2021 at 4:59 AM, Richard Penna said:

ย 

ย 

The term 'expanded reissue' is a little ambiguous for me - a score that's being reissued as a newly expanded version...

ย 

This

On 02/11/2021 at 4:22 PM, bruce marshall said:

I'm talking the TZ set from the eighties tv version INTRADA released a three disc version.

Pretty sure there was an LP released during its run.

It was released on cd

See?

Possibility.

ย 

Screenshot_2021-11-07-00-03-11.png

Screenshot_2021-11-07-00-02-48.png

Roger says

ย 

One of our end of year releases:

ย 

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=84500#p84500

ย 

This is a score album already out digitally on iTunes and Spotify, yet strangely not on Tidal, Amazon, HDTracks, 7Digital, etc

ย 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/clifford-the-big-red-dog-music-from-the-motion-picture/1591627018

https://open.spotify.com/album/7EyKLhwiYQBxnznl4x77Pc?si=lXlVAbKMTW2Nv0fOPNGLsQ

that's really cool, i wonder if intrada has taken notice how much hype LLL's getsย to possibly do their own at some point.ย  it'd be really cool.

ย 

well...hype relative to it's specific fan base....

I mean, they kind of are?ย  They told us they have 3 titles coming on December 7th, and that those are the final titles of the year.

ย 

I don't see how that's really any different from LLL telling us they have 5 titles coming November 30th, and that those are their final titles of the year

ย 

Varese also told us they have Club titles coming Friday November 19, and that those are their final titles of the year

ย 

Music Box Records said before their October 25th titles were announced that those were their last titles of the year, etc

Quartet Records will also have their year end titles in December. They always have special titles pertaining at this time of the year. I find their annoucements as a special Post Blackย Friday batch (after LLL, Intrada & Varese) And last year that had some stunning titles.

ย 

Lets see what exciting new goodies are expected this time....

The expanded reissued is revealed:

ย 

Also coming in our last batch of the year....an expanded edition:

ย 

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=84528&sid=b5b6495f8a4b2b9fae0890df95a04cab#p84528

ย 

That only leaves the 4CD set to be revealed.

ย 

These go on sale 12 days from now

1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

I remember Jon Broxton was praising the Toy Soldiers score a few months back on his Throwback Thirty posts. Apparently Robert Folk is very underrated.

I gave it a listen recently and Toy Soldiers is one of those fine 80's orchestral scores with a decent main theme, well written action music and just all round enjoyable. I'm not sure I was desperate for more but I'll happily support an expanded edition (who knows, there might be some treasures missing). Most Robert Folk I've listened to has been pretty good, it's strange he never really got much of a significant career. Although his name always reminds me of an FSM article (I think) which was railing against fans who said things like "Look out John Williams, here comes Robert Folk!" - i.e. expecting people like RF to take over from JW. I mean, JW is broadly in a league of his own but RF should have had a much more profile career than he did from what I've heard.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The expanded reissued is revealed:

ย 

ย 

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=84528&sid=b5b6495f8a4b2b9fae0890df95a04cab#p84528

ย 

That only leaves the 4CD set to be revealed.

ย 

These go on sale 12 days from now

The four CD is almost assuredly GREAT ESCAPE.*

ย 

*slim possibility for THE TWILIGHT ZONE

Update from Doug in the final Intrada releases for 2021

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

11/30/2021

ย 

Here we all be, ending November 2021 with little respite from the global COVID pandemic begun some two years earlier. Offering some mild comfort amidst the challenges are three new releases from Intrada, scheduled for Tuesday, December 7. Two of these bring newly remastered presentations to your ears, one slightly expanded, one with over a half hour of previously unreleased material. Our third release offers the CD premiere of a current feature film soundtrack, scored for full orchestra by a hugely prolific composer. Artwork, contents and sound samples for all three releases should be available here on Monday, December 6 with orders ready to begin shipping on Tuesday. And for eagerly waiting Jerry Goldsmith listeners, our brand new recording ofย Black Patchย coupled withย The Manย is being readied for early 2022 release. Itโ€™s kind of interesting to note that our last newly-rerecorded album with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra that offered Dimitri Tiomkinโ€™s intricate score for the Hitchcock classic,ย Dial M For Murder, was recorded late in 2019 and released as the afore-mentioned pandemic was taking root. Now, as I prepareย Black Patchย for final mastering and work with ever-busy Frank DeWald on the program notes for the packaging, everything is unfolding during the still-evolving tragic environment that saw us recording Tiomkinโ€™s music in. Seems like sooo long ago. Let us all hope that our next re-recording with the RSNO happens amongst healthier days!

I'm not interested in SMALL SOLDIERS or whatever the four CD title is.

I can't think of any current feature films that might interest me.

But, maybe in the future it will.

ย 

Edit: No, it won't interest me. It's Debney, man!

3 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

How does this become four CDs?

ย 

I can surmise:ย  Disc 1 & 2 will be the main programes , episode wise, Disc 3 would be the new 30 minutes + of unheard music & alternates. Disc 4 is the Goldsmith re-recording using the actual sessions tapes remastered etc.

Oh!

I was under the impression- from the initial clue- that it was a three disc release being expanded into four discs.

Which is why my guesses were for three disc catalog titles.

๐Ÿ˜‰Screenshot_2021-07-20-22-07-29~2.png

4 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

ย 

Exactly!

ย 

Roger had already indicated [about MASADA]:

ย 

ย 

..and a 4-CD set -- a reissue of sorts, but now with more music plus the LP recording as well. Also part of the score was in split mono before and now thanks to new elements will be in true stereo.

ย