The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

The Last Remasteredfighter

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Has a five disc set Robin Hood been announced yet?

Soon.

Be patient.

4 hours ago, mstrox said:

It’ll be due for a fresh remaster in about five years or so.

Hey!

I.copyrighted that phrase!😡

9 hours ago, Andy said:

I dislike my own compulsion to have to buy for sonic improvement.  I've no complaints on the previous edition, and could've been happy calling that one "done" for the rest of my years.  Yet, here I am experiencing FOMO that the new one will sound that much better.

I guess the previous edition was (The Next to) The Last Starfighter.  Is this one truly The (Last) Last Starfighter?  

You only really need the main theme on a compilation.

So May 10th brings a Last Starfighter reissue, but May 17th will bring:

5/4/2022

It’s really satisfying to have so many orders come in for Jumanji, immediately upon our release of the soundtrack yesterday. We’ve expanded it from the original 1995 album to include previously unreleased music and included on a second CD the original album for anyone interested in retaining the slightly altered and edited selections chosen by composer James Horner. It was a fantastic album I played a lot when it was first released by Epic and I’m admittedly thrilled to see it now attached to an Intrada release. I’m thankful to Sony Entertainment for that honor. It’s cool to get the opportunity to expand a classic soundtrack and also present the original alongside it for new listeners discovering the excitement of Horner’s music. Given the success of the Jumanji franchise, there are likely quite a few fans now making that discovery!

Our next new release, on deck in just two weeks, is pretty exciting too. Composed in the previous decade, I anticipate it’ll get plenty of playtime too!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8907

9 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

It's MR. BASEBALL

The clue " on-deck" is a term used in American baseball, not a nautical reference.

Bet your Goldsmith collection on it!😗

That will not get “plenty of playtime” from me. I’m sure it has to be substantial title to get that type of playtime.  

13 hours ago, Amer said:

That will not get “plenty of playtime” from me. I’m sure it has to be substantial title to get that type of playtime.  

You just gave the second clue.

" plenty of playtime" is also a sports term.

So it could conceivably be.........

RUDY!!######!!!!!

Bet the farm.

6 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

You just gave the second clue.

" plenty of playtime" is also a sports term.

So it could conceivably be.........

RUDY!!######!!!!!

Bet the farm.

Two clues refer to American sports:

" on- deck" is a baseball term

" playing time" is basketball, hockey, football.

Whatever it turns out, I'm not excited😒

As Roger Feigelson just clarified via Facebook Intrada (unofficial) page that no clues are intended.

So far what we've read that It's just an 80s film title. 

Now map that 80s clue with the names of composers that he mentioned in a list that they were working on.... You just might be able to get a rough idea...

If we consider that Roger Feigelson said that the next one "will get plenty playtime" and the list of the composers, I'll expect Brazil by Michael Kamen or the SpaceCamp expansion

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Probably about 5 minutes, tops. The only cue, is the Daedelus music.

That justifies a SECOND disc.

😎.

I had this score and sold if. Not a classic

On 07/05/2022 at 9:27 PM, Amer said:

As Roger Feigelson just clarified via Facebook Intrada (unofficial) page that no clues are intended.

So far what we've read that It's just an 80s film title. 

Now map that 80s clue with the names of composers that he mentioned in a list that they were working on.... You just might be able to get a rough idea...

" Unofficial"?

9 hours ago, Edmilson said:

How much unreleased music does SpaceCamp has?

BrotherSound made a really good breakdown here. There's indeed not that much missing but 5 more Williams' minutes is better than nothing

5 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

" Unofficial"?

There is an official Intrada page and another one which is not. You know what Iam talking about.

10 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

BrotherSound made a really good breakdown here. There's indeed not that much missing but 5 more Williams' minutes is better than nothing

Maybe it's only 5 more minutes of music in the film, but Intrada's complete program on album has an additional 8 minutes of music compared to the original album. Also, the mixes are very different between film and album so it makes sense to include both.

Yavar

Has anyone else from AU ordered something from Intrada recently and encountered issues with shipping?

My package hasn't had any updates for over 2 weeks, after seemingly getting stuck somewhere between LA and AU.

• 1 month later...
On 27/04/2022 at 1:08 AM, crumbs said:

Might have missed some but so far I think these are the corresponding titles for each composer on that list:

• James Horner       48 HRS.
  • Jerry Goldsmith    BLACK PATCH/THE MAN
  • James Horner       ANOTHER 48 HRS.
  • Michael Kamen   
  • Basil Poledouris   
  • James Horner       JUMANJI
  • Miklos Rozsa         DEAD MEN DON'T WEAR PLAID
  • John Williams    
  • Alan Silvestri    
  • Henry Mancini    
  • Jay Chattaway   

I wonder if Cat's Eye counts as the Silvestri, or if they are also working on another one

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Intrada's next title is coming Tuesday June 28th (so, up for sale Monday evening June 27th) and Roger has posted this about it:

"

For our title that comes out next week, choose your response now and see if you nail it...or you need to chose another option after it's announced. There is no penalty for changing your answer later.

1. Ordered!
2. I have no interest in this title, but happy for those that are.
3. Release of the year!
4. The original album was long enough. Pass
5. I never liked this composer and/or score but I'm coming into this thread to remind everyone I don't like the composer or this score because I like to stir things up and I need attention.
6. This is great, but is there a chance of [insert entirely unrelated score] getting released?
7. If this got released, then we must be getting [insert vaguely related score] next.
8. Another expansion? Why couldn't they release something entirely new that if it was easy to release would have been released already?
9. No original album program? Pass
10. I'm glad they didn't include the original album program.
11. Thanks for saving me money Intrada!
12. This was my holy grail! Thank you Intrada!

"

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8935

Always the safest bet is I'll be Option 2

A reminder that there are still 4 composers unaccounted for from Roger's list

Michael Kamen
Basil Poledouris
Henry Mancini   
Jay Chattaway

Could he be making a post like this about a title from one of those guys?

15 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I can't think of a single title by any of those composers that might benefit from a reissue or expansion.

Doesn't that say more about you than about the composers? ;)

15 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Possibly LES MISERABLES by BP?

Free Willy 2 would be a much more significant upgrade since only 10.5 minutes were released of this 60+ minute thematic orchestral score... though it would be great to get Les Miserables complete and not in huge chunks.

Yavar

18 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I can't think of a single title by any of those composers that might benefit from a reissue or expansion.

Possibly LES MISERABLES by BP?

I read the first line of this before I noticed the second line, and immediately thought about how anyone could think Les Mis didn't need expanding.

I still quietly lament Zimmer's name mysteriously disappearing from Roger's list. Gladiator is screaming for an expansion.

@Jay And Doug just added:

Next week’s new release is a tour-de-force of orchestral splendor. This is one to have. It’s a riveting score!

source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8936

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

A reminder that there are still 4 composers unaccounted for from Roger's list

Michael Kamen
Basil Poledouris
Henry Mancini   
Jay Chattaway

Top wants from those top three:

The Three Musketeers (complete)

Free Willy 2 (complete)

Frenzy (whatever was recorded)

No ideas on the Chattaway but I'm looking forward to hearing samples...

Yavar

My gut feeling tells me it's finally Willow. For many, it will be the "release of the year". Plus, the original album was "long enough" for many. Since you would need 2 discs for the complete score, they wouldn't include the OST. 

Coincidence? I think not. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Intrada's next title is coming Tuesday June 28th (so, up for sale Monday evening June 27th) and Roger has posted this about it:

"

For our title that comes out next week, choose your response now and see if you nail it...or you need to chose another option after it's announced. There is no penalty for changing your answer later.

1. Ordered!
2. I have no interest in this title, but happy for those that are.
3. Release of the year!
4. The original album was long enough. Pass
5. I never liked this composer and/or score but I'm coming into this thread to remind everyone I don't like the composer or this score because I like to stir things up and I need attention.
6. This is great, but is there a chance of [insert entirely unrelated score] getting released?
7. If this got released, then we must be getting [insert vaguely related score] next.
8. Another expansion? Why couldn't they release something entirely new that if it was easy to release would have been released already?
9. No original album program? Pass
10. I'm glad they didn't include the original album program.
11. Thanks for saving me money Intrada!
12. This was my holy grail! Thank you Intrada!

"

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8935

Several of those options seem to be original Thor quotes.

I'll go with number 7.

4 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I still quietly lament Zimmer's name mysteriously disappearing from Roger's list. Gladiator is screaming for an expansion.

Yea Zimmer was on his 2021 list but then not his 2022 list for anyone that didn't know 

4 hours ago, Jean-Baptiste Martin said:

Well, since you are the one sharing this I now assume it's a Horner score, and the next logical Horner from Intrada is Willow.