The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Seeing those McNeely TinkerBell scores at half price is pretty heartbreaking. They’re amazing (honestly they collectively constitute his magnum opus IMO; they’re his Lord of the Rings), and I was really hoping Intrada might tackle the wonderful wintry fourth score (Secret of the Wings) but that looks unlikely now…

Highly recommend these to any of you who don’t have them, particularly the first and second (Lost Treasure).

Yavar

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Seeing those McNeely TinkerBell scores at half price is pretty heartbreaking. They’re amazing (honestly they collectively constitute his magnum opus IMO; they’re his Lord of the Rings), and I was really hoping Intrada might tackle the wonderful wintry fourth score (Secret of the Wings) but that looks unlikely now…

Highly recommend these to any of you who don’t have them, particularly the first and second (Lost Treasure).

Yavar

I’m glad to see them at that price.  I thought they were nice enough in the movies when I watched them with my kid, but I never considered them $20-nice.  Picked up all three tonight.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

I’m glad to see them at that price.  I thought they were nice enough in the movies when I watched them with my kid, but I never considered them $20-nice.  Picked up all three tonight.

Hopefully they grow on you more! Though the original is a wonderful introduction to the musical world, my favorite is the second, perhaps tied with the (sadly unreleased) fourth.

Yavar

The only titles I’d want from this sale are the Tinker Bells (which I already have) and the rerecordings which are all available digitally and I think in high res.

Latest Doug's Corner:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8973

9/20/2022

We invite you to take advantage of the nice sale prices attached to a number of our releases, specially discounted from now through October 2, 2022. We don’t run sales like this often. Hopefully you will find some titles of interest, priced to own.

As happens from time to time, we are in a holding pattern on final packaging approvals for several new releases all ready for manufacturing… with some really cool ones in the bunch, too! We’re also amidst some major new upgrades and additions to the Intrada studio while we wait, with quite a few new curves to learn. Fun!

William Stromberg and Anna Bonn are finalizing the complete scores and parts for the two upcoming Bernard Herrmann recordings we are readying. The Man Who Knew Too Much and On Dangerous Ground are the two masterpieces on the docket. The Royal Scottish National Orchestra is again our performing group of choice. Setting the actual session dates has taken a bit longer than what we have encountered in the past for a couple of reasons, one being the growing popularity of the musicians and their magnificent hall. We like to think Intrada has been a factor in their increased profile, even if just in a minuscule way. The other reason is our musician requirements are significantly larger than our previous sessions, with the addition of a larger brass section than we typically utilize. Six trombones, six trumpets, eight French horns, two tubas… and a sizable string and percussion section to balance with all those horn players… as well as a key soloist on the viola d’amore parts for On Dangerous Ground. We're even planning on recording Nathan Van Cleave's fabulous VistaVision logo that appears in front of The Man Who Knew Too Much and so many other Paramount films from the era. Yep. It’s all going to be impressive for sure.

On 19/09/2022 at 8:13 PM, Yavar Moradi said:

Hopefully they grow on you more! Though the original is a wonderful introduction to the musical world, my favorite is the second, perhaps tied with the (sadly unreleased) fourth.

Yavar

With all these accolades, it sounds like the Tinker Bell scores are worth a blind buy.  The samples sounded good, too.  Just ordered the first two along with Muppets Most Wanted.

• 1 month later...

Intrada's next title (going up Monday night Nov 21) is Mark McKenzie's score to Prancer: A Christmas Tale, a new 2022 film

https://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8984

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14668196/

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

The original Maurice Jarre score for Prancer is a true Christmas score classic, I simply adore it.

I own the film on blu-ray and I love it, but I don't remember anything about the music.

I should revisit it this Christmas.

1 minute ago, filmmusic said:

I own the film on blu-ray and I love it, but I don't remember anything about the music.

I should revisit it this Christmas.

It's the final cue especially that I listen to a ton every December.  Just gorgeous.

24 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Rather sad that this is Intrada's last release for the year. I had hoped for something a bit more "wow".

Don’t lose hope yet; Roger wrote in the same post: “As things (if things) break free from approvals, I will post here.”

Yavar

4 hours ago, Edmilson said:

So no The Patriot this year, right? :unsure:

Well Mike Matessino said One more John Williams is coming so there is a good chance....

Oh WOW!  Do we know the story behind why it was delayed for so long?

I would re-buy the first film's score if they wanted to give it another sonic upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Doug's Corner:

11/19/2022

Next week hopefully offers Thanksgiving food and family gatherings for everyone and, for certain, Mark McKenzie’s highly personal (and HMMA-nominated) score for Universal’s new Prancer: A Christmas Tale for his fans to enjoy listening to. Gorgeous it is. And following on its heels - after an eternity of red tape and treading water - we can finally bring you Basil Poledouris’s beloved and oft-requested Conan the Destroyer soundtrack, from the actual film’s three-channel session masters, expanded for the first time ever. Yes, this is the original soundtrack with its unequaled vibrant performance and recording.

Complicated licensing issues resulted in Basil’s original (and brief) 1984 MCA album program appearing on a second disc. Basil completed the score for the June 1984 release of the movie, jumped right into scoring Red Dawn and guided us into licensing our first release - that very score for Red Dawn, launching the Intrada label. We discussed his two Conan scores at length way back when and happily have not only his 1984 sequel score available but also in our catalog the entire original 1982 Conan The Barbarian score on a 3-CD set, featuring his lengthy magnum opus and a plethora of alternate cues he recorded as well. Conan may look to Crom for his eternal rest, but look to Intrada for his music!

In contrast with the excitement of the Destroyer music is a release of newly-recorded premieres featuring delightful original piano pieces written by Dimitri Tiomkin for concert and stage performance, played to perfection by Lynda Cochrane, virtuoso pianist of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. Lynda has worked with us on our previous RSNO releases as well as having played for composers like Jerry Goldsmith, Elmer Bernstein and numerous others. It’s all great music for you to consider adding to your ever-growing library!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8985

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BrotherSound said:

Looks like we’re not getting any more JW from Intrada anytime soon, but scores from lots of other great film composers are in the work:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8996

Mixed feelings over this. On one hand, it's cool that we're getting lots of scores by great composers. 

But on the other hand... Does this mean The Patriot is not coming anytime soon from Intrada? 😥😥😭😭

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

Hopefully, it's Hidalgo or one of the Disney animated features.

Karol

If I had to pick just one it'd probably be The Village. I actually wouldn't go for any of his Disney scores as I think their albums work fine as they are.

Sometime I'm sure we'll get Vertical Limit but that score never clicked with me so I don't even have the full album.

The Gladiator OST works really well as a concept album but it only contains half the score. He left off almost all of the second half of the movie and did a shit ton of microedits to the rest. Serious overproduction.

37 minutes ago, Jay said:

So long story short, there's always more that comes out beyond his early list!

I don’t think it’s impossible that we’ll get a Intrada Williams title next year (The Patriot would certainly be amazing!), but just that it seems likely there won’t be one in early 2023.

Since there’s still two remaining titles Matessino hoped would be out in 2022 but instead got delayed until “early 2023”, I think those will likely be coming from La-La Land, Quartet, Varèse Sarabande, or maybe if we’re very lucky, Walt Disney Records.

15 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Releasing The Polar Express in January is a power move!

Wouldn’t get any complaints from me.

34 minutes ago, BrotherSound said:

I don’t think it’s impossible that we’ll get a Intrada Williams title next year (The Patriot would certainly be amazing!), but just that it seems likely there won’t be one in early 2023

I hope so, but the pessimistic me has the notion that they were talking about the whole year.

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

Even though I literally just proved out that his start of the year composer list is never comprehensive only a few posts up?

Oh, sorry, didn't read your post.

But I would assume if they had any Williams in the pipeline, they would mention it since it's a big - perhaps the biggest - name.

I'm sure Roger would appreciate people talking about the composers who are on the list instead of the ones who are not

8 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Yay, Zimmer's back on their list. Here's hoping for Gladiator - I can't get enough of it at the moment.

Let's give that to a label who will master it properly.

There are samples on Intrada's site you can check out to get an idea

I don't think I've seen anyone here mention that they bought it, but hopefully someone who did will chime in!