The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Right now the only things I could get excited for would be expanded Trek scores or complete Prequel scores. Other than that....meh.

This interview with Roger Feigelson mentions that when a score is limited to some number under 3,000 its because that's their best guess at how many copies it will sell

The releases are limited because frankly the audience for this music is very, very small. The AFM only gives the historic rate for releases 3000 and under. Numbers below that are based on our best guess of what we think the demand will be.

So it's not BTTF or anything juicy because they obviously know that will sell out 3000 units. Hell BTTF will sell enough copies to warrant them paying the re-use fees to make unlimited units I'd imagine

The whole article is a good read

I'm still expecting to see Laurence Rosenthal's score to Part 1 of the George Washington mini-series.

I suppose it could be JAWS THE REVENGE. I doubt that's going to have people ordering in their thousands, even if it is a nifty little score. Especially since JAWS 3-D is still available, with that being limited at 3000.

I suppose it could be JAWS THE REVENGE. I doubt that's going to have people ordering in their thousands, even if it is a nifty little score. Especially since JAWS 3-D is still available, with that being limited at 3000.

Better not be! I've only just had to start hacking the promo to pieces to get a decent listen! ;)

Didn't Jaws The Revenge already get a release?

I believe only as a composer promo

Okay Roger has posted some new info regarding Tuesday's release.

Just as a heads up., this is a straight LP re-issue of a score from the 70s.

He also posted this in regarding when they'll be announcing it.

Actually, we're going to vary the times when we announce on Mondays, so you can't all hammer the system at the same time. Because it is Memorial Day here in the states, we may be announcing later than usual. Or perhaps earlier then usual. Only we know when.

That's annoying. So far, the announcements happened around 2:00 AM local time. If they do them significantly later, I may be asleep already on a working day.

I might be 'inconvenienced' if they started doing it later and I knew it could be something I'd be interested in. That's one blessing of knowing that it's 70s in advance.

Not shutting out earlier years completely - there are a few 80s scores I'd buy.

I'm coming to expect that late 80s/early 90s scores are more of an occasional one, although LaLaLand seems to be doing quite a lot of them, so maybe they will give me a grail one day :)

I think it might be of more interest to Maynard Ferguson fans. How many here have heard of this film before this announcement?

Well the next batch is coming:

We should have two Special Collection releases, one at 3000 units, another at 1000 units. The 3000 is Vol. 100 which is a straight re-issue of an LP and something that had a limited previous issue on CD. It's a VERY important score to Doug and those of you who missed out on the previous CD issue will be happy with this, since you can actually get it...and it sounds much better! (Sorry, no other elements existed so an expansion wasn't possible....maybe if they turn up someday.)

Can't say I'm holding my breath for the 1000 one but you never know...

Might be nice if they mentioned the decade for each one in advance, but at least 'LP reissue' is helpful in pre-dismissing.

And when's LaLaLand's next? They seem to be the 'go to' place for the 90s at the moment.

LaLaLand's next will be available for order on June 9th.

As for Intrada's 3000 unit, it could be Goldsmith's In Harm's Way. I know the elements are missing for that one, it received a LP release and a "limited" CD release (Japanese import). I think Doug mentioned something about it being special to him at one time.

Might be nice if they mentioned the decade for each one in advance, but at least 'LP reissue' is helpful in pre-dismissing.

Pre-dismissing... brilliant.

As for Intrada's 3000 unit, it could be Goldsmith's In Harm's Way. I know the elements are missing for that one, it received a LP release and a "limited" CD release (Japanese import). I think Doug mentioned something about it being special to him at one time.

I'd be up for that. I know nothing about it, but it's supposed to be up there among Goldsmith's better works, isn't it? Any which way you slice it, sounds like it should be a goodun.

LaLaLand's next will be available for order on June 9th.

LaLa still hasn't officially annouced Season 4 of Galactia, but Amazon's given it away as their big 100th release. I don't know if that'll be June 9 or not.

Roger has posted more about the 1,000 unit as to what it'll be.

The 1000 release title is a Fox double header from the 50s and 60s. Both turn of the century tales featuring murder and mayhem.