The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I know, I hang out at Intrada as well. I was just pointing out that the Varese wasn't the original tracks and somewhere down the line it could still be released, hopefully.

That would suck if BTTF was a short limited run like that oh well if it does, it does probably the resuse fees played a major part in it.

My guess is that it will be The Goonies. Even though it's WB, the situation with the OST album (which was released on the Epic/Sony label) probably forced the parties involved to some kind of more restrictive deal in terms of licensing--maybe Cindy Lauper's song will be included.

I think it will not be BTTF. I think we'll see it next year, because it will be 25 years from the release, so that a substantial cut-off of the re-use fees could be applied.

It sure would be awesome if it's The Goonies.....

but it's probably something obscure most people won't care about ROTFLMAO

Indeed.

Although I am curious about the stricter re-use fees on this one that limits it to 2500. Perhaps there is a song on it.

It seems it's going to be Journey of Natty Gann. Feigelson said we were all getting carried away. Guess what, Roger, then don't give '1985' as a clue next time.

It seems it's going to be Journey of Natty Gann. Feigelson said we were all getting carried away. Guess what, Roger, then don't give '1985' as a clue next time.

No, people just gotta quit expecting homeruns and realize there are many many film scores out there that people like.

And I would say if you are a betting man I would go with James Horner for tonite's release.

No, people just gotta quit expecting homeruns and realize there are many many film scores out there that people like.

And I would say if you are a betting man I would go with James Horner for tonite's release.

If I were a betting man, I would go with the following title:

image removed

By the way, I'm wondering what compelled the "stricter license."

I'm listening to a rather badly rendered item of footwear pertaining to that score.

Has some nice parts, although they're mostly just the main theme repeated. I'll consider it if it's that one.

Hmm, I wonder if Horner recorded Gann in the US instead of using the LSO like he did on the last two releases.

That might explain the 2500 unit.

Yeah, it really does look like it is going to be Journey of Natty Gann.

I wonder what gave it away?

Well in all honesty the odds of it coming sometime this year were strong.

I feel really stupid, because I still do not see a link to the Intrada Message Board at all when I just type in www.intrada.com

How the heck is anyone supposed to find their message board?

The link to Intrada's message board is on their main page right below the link to Doug's column.

The next thing under the "Doug's Corner" link is "Intrada Label" on my screen

capture2j.jpg

Oh, really? ...I just resorted to typing "Intrada forum" in Google.com...wow, do I feel like a moron....

That's what I've always had to do as well

The link to Intrada's message board is on their main page right below the link to Doug's column.

It's in bold capitalized and underlined letters beneath the first bit of Doug's latest column.

WE INVITE YOU TO VISIT THE INTRADA SOUNDTRACK FORUM!

It's in bold capitalized and underlined letters beneath the first bit of Doug's latest column.

WE INVITE YOU TO VISIT THE INTRADA SOUNDTRACK FORUM!

..... well how about that.

Still, they should have an icon for it, or some kind of menu option

Well there it is... I need to listen the leg-warmer a little more before I can decide, although I'm loving the theme - feels like I've known it for years.

urg... "Horner, with long-time engineer Simon Rhodes, personally assembles CD just as he would have for major label in 1985"

So what 10 mins has he left off this time?

And 7th Voyage of Sinbad as well. Probably not for me, but a nice title nonetheless.

No, Sinbad is from Prometheus, released a short while ago.

I still wonder why this is limited to 2500 copies. With Intrada adopting the same politics like Varèse (although in a seemingly more benign way), it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's just a ploy to have the title sold out more quickly.

And sold out it'll be soon I'm sure. Two days?

Ordered.

Haven't seen anything sell out in two days in a while. Even Airplane! is still available at moviemusic I think. I'd say it'll last 3 weeks.

Oooh, I thought that was long gone. I've been listening to an unmentionable for a few days to see what I'd missed. I think I'll have to get it now ;)

Doh!

No longer in stock

Real-time inventory system indicates this item is not currently available.

Is that MM's way of saying they've run out too?

While Natty Gann isn't the greatest score ever, it's sure nice to have crossed it off of one's wish list this year.

It always brings a smile to my face to see something that never got a release finally see the light.

I particularly remember it mentioned in an FSM article about reuse fees; one of several scores they mentioned would never, ever see the light of day. Yay!

Unfortunately my list is probably still 5 years down the line.

I particularly remember it mentioned in an FSM article about reuse fees; one of several scores they mentioned would never, ever see the light of day. Yay!

Unfortunately my list is probably still 5 years down the line.

Trust me I know how you feel. I wish I was 10 years younger so I would have more time to enjoy all these releases I've been waiting for.

While Natty Gann isn't the greatest score ever, it's sure nice to have crossed it off of one's wish list this year.

It always brings a smile to my face to see something that never got a release finally see the light.

It brings a smile to my face to have finally guessed one right. ;)

It's great for those that want it, but like the other Horner's I'll probably pass. Money's a bit tight and I'd rather pick up the new Williams release.

Interesting. I really like Bernstein's Natty Gann, and this is pretty good too. I think I'll buy it to compare the two.

Edit: Samples are really good! I like this beautiful, pastoral sort of stuff. It's simple composition, but it's effective. I'm not complaining.

I knew it was this. I picked it up straight away; I've yet to be disappointed by Horner and Disney in partnership with each other.

Well I decided to jump in and order The Journey Of Natty Gann. I don't have the Bernstein box set....so I won't be able to compare the two.

Ordered Natty Gann right when I came back from a journey yesterday. I remember I liked the score a lot when I saw the movie.