The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Edit: Samples are really good! I like this beautiful, pastoral sort of stuff. It's simple composition, but it's effective. I'm not complaining.

I think The Spitfire Grill is another definitive (relatively original) entry of Horner's in that kind of writing...

The CBS Evening News with Natty Gann. Rejoice Horner fans. REJOICE!!!! And repent for buying early Johnny Williams cds.

Ordered Natty Gann right when I came back from a journey yesterday. I remember I liked the score a lot when I saw the movie.

Did this journey happen to be to California to visit a certain JWFAN forum member? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an FYI Roger said there won't be any releases July 7th. Most likely everyone at Intrada will be out of town this weekend for the 4th of July. They'll have new releases July 21st though.

It still went pretty fast.

Deservedly - really good score from what I've heard. And I'm showing unprecedented restraint - it's available by *other* means but I'm still waiting patiently for my CD :)

In case anyone is on the fence, Jerry Goldsmith's Boys From Brazil is down to less than 350 at Intrada.

I think In Harms Way and Something Wicked This Way Comes are at the 350 copies left point as well.

I believe Roger Feigelson mentioned it on the Intrada message board.

Give it 10 years and I'll be in your position. If they released a late 90s/early 00s score every fortnight I'd actually have to start a "budget".

We best get saving now Rich! ;)

Only a week till the next batch now - 2 releases I believe.

I'm still curious as to whether the release date will have any significance.

Well Lukas did hint that someone other than FSM was working on Goldsmith's score for Sebastian, perhaps that's coming.

I also have a feeling we may be getting some more early Goldsmith or John Williams TV scores from FSM, based on some hints Lukas dropped at FSM's message board.

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning tonight's Intrada releases...

One is from the 70s. A rerecorded suite appeared on LP and then again on CD, but this is the first release of the original recording, and in complete format.

The other is a Fox double header, featuring one of their usual composers. In fact, one of the titles (not the score, just the name) is the same as another title we released a few years ago.

Isn't it strange all these labels (FSM, Varese, Intrada) are playing with all these "guess what we're gonna release this month?" puzzles? No prizes, no guessing from me, sorry. :lol:

Karol

One is from the 70s. A rerecorded suite appeared on LP and then again on CD, but this is the first release of the original recording, and in complete format.

Family plot?

Though i dont know of the end credits appeared 1st on vinyl.

That would be awesome, but I have a feeling FP would be limited to 3,000, and there'd probably be more hype about it being a holy grail.

I like the clues. Adds a bit of excitement to my life.

The only excitement in your life :)

If everybody just announced stuff when they were ready, that would be boring. Everyone would be the same. With their clues and the guessing game, Intrada adds a bit of adrenaline-rushing excitement to what could otherwise be just another mundane announcement. It's audience participation time.

This exactly describes Black Sunday, but I don't know if the suite appeared on LP.

You mean you haven't learned how to live with it yet?

I have. It's the missus that hasn't.