The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

El Cid had a lot of dropped music, but I would think that with the outstanding Tadlow re-recording, the original soundtrack recording is obsolete.

I believe the masters for El Cid are lost.

That's fine with me. The point I was getting at was that I would want this 1500 set to be of something I don't have, as opposed so something available in another format.

Might this be Lawrence of Arabia? I don't think it has two CDs worth of score, though.

I believe Tadlow has that lined up for a recording next year.

That's fine with me. The point I was getting at was that I would want this 1500 set to be of something I don't have, as opposed so something available in another format.

Yeah, that's why I had to laugh when some members over at FSM were hoping the big release (Star Trek II) was Ben Hur.

Robert Feigelson dropped another hint on the 3 disc set:

A little more info. The 3-CD set is from one film. It features the complete score that covers two discs, including A LOT of music that was dropped from the film or rescored. The third disc is a free bonus, which is the original album presentation, which was quite a popular LP in its day. Very handsome looking set as well.

There's the magic word. Not gonna be anything recent.

A little more info. The 3-CD set is from one film. It features the complete score that covers two discs, including A LOT of music that was dropped from the film or rescored. The third disc is a free bonus, which is the original album presentation, which was quite a popular LP in its day. Very handsome looking set as well.

So?

Most of us posting don't care what year it comes from.

Dracula.

I don't think it could be.

Unless the original cut was long, perhaps it's something from Henry Mancini.

I'd hate to see a major title only get 1500 units but then Intrada may not have any choice in the number they had to press.

So?

Forgive me, for I have sinn... declared a lesser interest in music composed 30 years ago.

Meh.

So?

Forgive me, for I have sinn... declared a lesser interest in music composed 30 years ago.

Meh.

I absolve you of your si....declaration against the film score community.

Yes plus it was released on CD as well.

There's some hope and speculation that a expanded / complete Spartacus will be Robert Townson's (at Varese) upcoming 1000 album release.

And as was reported by yours truly, the original master tapes were destroyed in last years fire at Universal.

Spactacus, Family Plot, Black Sunday were among the A-list scores now perished into oblivion.

So the continued requests for a complete Spartacus release really are just running jokes then...

Every studio should be forced to give Intrada and Varese instant access to their vaults unless they can demonstrate a fault-free sprinkler system :P

In all seriousness there was a thread at Intrada where Roger Feigelson mentions a list of requested scores that are missing or destroyed/damaged. I believe Lukas Kendall has also posted at FSM the availability and status of certain scores.

I was not referring to foreplay. I was speaking earnestly. I am a Vulcan, I am incapable of lying.

I apologize. My mother is Deltan and my father smelt of elderberries. I am incapable of taking anything seriously.

Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place, Captain.

While I know the upcoming Intrada release will be of little interest to most here, Roger dropped another clue.

It was originally paired with another score that was closely related to it and that score will also see an expanded release (doesn't mention Intrada) down the line, although it will only be a single disc.

While I know the upcoming Intrada release will be of little interest to most here, Roger dropped another clue.

It was originally paired with another score that was closely related to it and that score will also see an expanded release (doesn't mention Intrada) down the line, although it will only be a single disc.

And that's still not enough to reveal what it actually is? That would mean it's gotta be pretty obscure.

He may have lost his edge when he went from being the most interesting man in the world to having weaponry such as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms. Maybe he took one too many soft cushions to the head.