The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Plus how many fans of the score are actually out there?

You'd be surprised...there are a lot of people (especially on FSM) who would love a proper release for the BTTF score. As I said though I doubt it would fill 2-CD's.

Holly shit! I certainly didn't expect it now... what an amazing year for score collectors. Now I have to think what else I'l order from moviemusic, maybe Rambo or An American Tail.

Are we living in a great time or what? :)

Yes, but according to the Mayan calendar we only have three years left... :eek:

I don't know why, but I had the good feeling this would have come this year. It's an exciting time indeed for film score fans.

The mayans probably just ran out of space on the rock where they made their calendar and said "whatever, 2012 is so far away, we won't even be here". Now if we could get Gremlins soon. I'm still hoping we'll get Volume 2 of Batman: TAS before the year ends.

Surely they're joking!

They're not!!!

I know. I already ordered. Both of them - about time I'm getting a second Holdridge. Along with the Kojian Star Wars disc, those recent limited Goldsmith releases, Dark of the Sun, V for Vendetta, Secret Weapons Over Normandy, Warriors of Virtue ($4) and The Red Canvas. There goes the rest of my Christmas bonus.

Now if we could get Gremlins soon. I'm still hoping we'll get Volume 2 of Batman: TAS before the year ends.

The year is still not over. If I remember right, La La Land should release another big title before 2009 ends.

I can't believe this. Forget what I said about the Duke Nukem Forever bit.

I'm overjoyed. There are literally tears in my eyes, I wasn't expecting this. Not at all.

I said I was going to buy two Intradas tonight (and The Red Canvas), and I'm not lying. One's for me, the other is for somebody for Christmas.

THANK YOU INTRADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if we could get Gremlins soon. I'm still hoping we'll get Volume 2 of Batman: TAS before the year ends.

The year is still not over. If I remember right, La La Land should release another big title before 2009 ends.

La La Land is announcing its last 3 titles of the year on Black Friday

http://jwfan.com/for...ndpost&p=608745

I guess I'm just not a big enough fan of the music of BTTF to be able to justify dropping 30 bucks. Pass, but it's awesome this was finally released.

Are you mad!? The $30 more than justifies this and that's not a bad price for this score.

La La Land is announcing its last 3 titles of the year on Black Friday

http://jwfan.com/for...ndpost&p=608745

Then I guess I'm probably wrong and we won't see Batman:TAS Vol.2 this year as I'm pretty sure that would be $29.99.

Nick, I'm now more confident than ever that every score out there we want will someday see the official light of day, whether through original recording (Intrada, FSM, LLLR) or re-recording (Naxos, Tadlow).

Shh, let him go. I bought his copy, it's going under the tree.

I won't jump down his throat - I find quite a few highly regarded grails somewhat... unremarkable, too.

But this really was out of the blue. And it gives me great hope that we'll see more things from Universal, since they've clearly opened their doors, to let something like this out.

(Sigh)...Well, we can still use Black Sunday and Family Plot, no? Congratulations to all who have been waiting so many years for this release.

Nick for the sake of yourself and others please get this release. You won't regret it, trust me.

I really love Back to the Future, but I don't consider the score a holy grail. I'm content with the original trilogy CDs I have for the occasional listening. I don't place the scores to those films among my top favorites by any means.

It isn't Williams so it isn't one of my holy grails. I was way more excited over getting the music from Back to the Future...The Ride years ago on that 1999 Trilogy CD.

It's not a grail for me either, but it's good enough to buy without hesitation. I'll need to rewatch the film and listen to all the music :)

I think the unavailable-until-now nature of the score is a large part of the grail factor, not necessarily any truly superior quality.

What a year! With the release of BTTF I feel like anything really is possible - perhaps The Goonies and Gremlins are around the corner!

Once we get to the end of the year I'm going to do my annual "release of the year" poll. I always thought TWOK would run away with it, now there's going to be some competition!

John- remembering the Alien/RotK CR battle of a couple of years ago

I have to admit that I don't give the current BTTF scores all that much of even a casual listen anymore, mostly because the first one is missing so much good score. And never carrying around the MP3 CD with the trilogy scores on them, that's a biggie. This will change all that, of course.

I just emailed SAE to ask if they would please add In Search of Peace to the order. I had forgotten just how impressed I was with the sound clips last week, and the preview tracks at Intrada are really awesome. In fact, if the other release was anything but BTTF, I think I would be more impressed with the clips from In Search of Peace.

I don't want to think about how much money this has been, it's pushing the cost of another TBB. This pushes the iPod to something I ask from Santa. :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny how it finally comes up when no one was expecting it after so many other times where everyone was sure BTTF was going to be released because of the "clues"

Well, there are still plenty of scores that can be the new "guessing running joke" when new titles are about to be announced: Gremlins, Spartacus, anything Williams (Family Plot, expanded Hook, etc). We should make a poll.

I won't miss it at all. Actually, we have the other two to look forward to. Apparently they're on their way at some point. :)

I don't know about you guys, but I had NO FREAKIN' IDEA that Silvestri did any scoring on the earlier version of BTTF, so this is a double treat for me. The original stuff sounds really cool.

I won't miss it at all. Actually, we have the other two to look forward to. Apparently they're on their way at some point. :)

I don't you guys, but I had NO FREAKIN' IDEA that Silvestri did any scoring on the earlier version of BTTF, so this is a double treat for me. The original stuff sounds really cool.

I didn't either, I'm looking forward to hearing it.

I had a feeling something was going to happen ever since the you-know-whats of II and III showed up. I'm sure Trek III will be coming sooner rather than later too.

Woowwwwwww. I wondered if I'd live to see this happen! I just placed my order. If it weren't a limited release, I might have put it off, but...well, it's an effective marketing strategy. :eek: Gotta get my copy while I can! $36.41 (including shipping) is more than I'd like to be spending on it, but that's just too bad. When a well-loved score is given a (more than) complete release for a price that's not TOO insane, what am I supposed to do? :D Besides, it's not TWOK, where I'd already bought the original album - I never bought the BTTF OST. So I have less reason to feel bad about this.

Woo hoo! :)

It's $35.25 with shipping at SAE. :)

It's a limited edition, but it's a much larger order than usual since it's such a huge release. Intrada's not putting an offical number on it, but the FSM thread on this is speculating 6000. I'm sure Intrada is going to make sure everyone that wants it gets a copy.

BTW Koray, next time one of the labels is going to announce a new title, could you say it's Gremlins or a complete Hook, please??

CRAP. :) Oh well. Guess I didn't really need that dollar. :eek: And I know that in all likelihood, the limited release thing wouldn't have been a problem, but it's a nice way to coax myself into spending the money.