The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I had NO FREAKIN' IDEA that Silvestri did any scoring on the earlier version of BTTF, so this is a double treat for me. The original stuff sounds really cool.

If you're implying he scored a movie with a different lead actor that would be incorrect. Silvestri wrote a score for the movie that was recorded. He then went back and re-worked the cues and re-recorded the score. The details on why this happened are covered in the liner notes. The casting change was not the reason for this.

Neil

What I'm wondering is...if I wait until December to buy this thing, will I still get a copy?

You'd probably still get a copy. It's said if they need to they can exceed the 3,000 unit...but probably can't go more than 5,000.

I had NO FREAKIN' IDEA that Silvestri did any scoring on the earlier version of BTTF, so this is a double treat for me. The original stuff sounds really cool.

If you're implying he scored a movie with a different lead actor that would be incorrect. Silvestri wrote a score for the movie that was recorded. He then went back and re-worked the cues and re-recorded the score. The details on why this happened are covered in the liner notes. The casting change was not the reason for this.

Neil

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up; I look forward to reading about it. While the samples sound cool, it seems like it it's a good thing a lot of these things were reworked. Interestingly, it sounds like some of the original material ended up getting reworked for Part II, if I'm hearing correctly.

Neil

Interesting. I too was wondering about that... I wouldn't have thought Stoltz would've made it all the way to the scoring stage. My knowledge of the production of the film doesn't extend much beyond the DVDs and a few Bob Gale interviews—has this rescoring really even been mentioned anywhere previously?

The MCA release was a perfect distillation of Silvestri's score. The responsible people at Intrada are dickheads for releasing this.

In the words of Dr. McCoy...."That's not very damn funny."

Man, I can't believe it's finally happened! Are we living in a great time or what? :)

Indeed, we've been really spoiled the last several years. Not that I'm complaining.

Wow, I didn't see this coming at all! What a surprise! These last 2 years have been soo good for film score fans (at least for me). Last year it was the Indiana Jones box set (which alone made last year one of the best score releases in the last decade, heh). But this year I was excited for Honey, I Shrunk The Kids (never thought it'd see the light of day!), Twilight Zone, and now, the best of all, Back to the Future!!! I listened to all the clips on Intrada and was really intrigued by this alternate, and apparently, original take on the score! I had no idea it even existed! I knew they were going for a darker angle originally, but I had no idea it made it so far into production that Silvestri was actually able to score it that way. Wow, this is exciting (and makes it worth it to buy even more since I have had an incomplete boot of the film version's score for some time, like I am sure most here have).

And funny enough, now I sort of want to buy the original album as well (for as cheap as I can). This is one of those rare movies where some of the songs in the film really are part of it's identity. I can see why they aren't on this release, though. But now I want the whole package, and may arrange it with the songs in film order with the score. :eek:

The fact that the year is still not over with some other great scores possibly being released, I'll voice a common request here that I really, really hope GREMLINS finally gets it's release! It's the one Goldsmith score left unreleased that I would personally love to have! Hell, reissue GREMLINS 2 while they are at it, complete this time! :)

I know exactly what you mean about the songs. I never buy song albums, but I might end up eventually making an exception in this case. Once I've got more money. :eek:

Ah, heck, I just bought it used. Right after I promised myself I wouldn't spend any more money until I'd brought in a little more. Oh well...I guess I don't have to be my extremely frugal self ALL the time...still...I can't believe I just did that. :)

I know exactly what you mean about the songs. I never buy song albums, but I might end up eventually making an exception in this case. Once I've got more money. :)

It don't take money, don't take fame. Don't need no credit card to ride this train!

I am just glad the eternal moaning after BTTF is over :)

And also I am almost tempted to get this one.

The question now stands: How long will it take this one to sell out? Days, weeks, months or years, perhaps ever hours.

Just wait till we start trying to fix incorrect pitches and speeds! ;)

Kidding, kidding. I'm not anticipating any problems with this set.

Don't be so sure! Who's knows what Biff might have done with it? We might be living in an alternate 2009 right now, in which every track on the album has been reduced to white noise!

I noticed that the BTTF song album does not contain the Mr. Sandman song. ;) I know it's just a silly 50s song, but that song signifies in my mind the first appearance of the 50s version of Hill Valley when Marty is walking around. Totally ingrained in my mind. Guess I'll have to get that song elsewhere... grrr. ;)

Wow, we are REALLY thinking on the same wavelength, scallenger. That's exactly what I was just looking into. ;) I'm probably going to download it from iTunes or Amazon to add to my edit...what's another buck, right? Just gotta keep telling myself that... ;) But anyway, yeah, I really feel a similar fondness for the song, perhaps even greater. As long as it's not overly saccharine, I can be a sucker for cute stuff like that.

I've just had to check the order I made last night to confirm to myself that this is actually happening. I'm stupidly excited beyond words.

And if you're after "Mr. Sandman" to add to the song collection, make sure you get the version by "Four Aces."

You'll also need the Davy Crockett Ballad heard in Lou's Cafe and the film version of Marty and the Starlighters' performance of Johnny B. Goode with Marty's solo. Oh and the Pinheads' dance audition.

I noticed that the BTTF song album does not contain the Mr. Sandman song. ;) I know it's just a silly 50s song, but that song signifies in my mind the first appearance of the 50s version of Hill Valley when Marty is walking around. Totally ingrained in my mind. Guess I'll have to get that song elsewhere... grrr. ;)

To me, it signifies Halloween II.

To me, it signifies Halloween II.

Me too. The segue into the Halloween theme is pretty awesome.

I didn't realise there were this many Silvestri nuts in here. Still I'm holding out for a complete edition of "THE ABYSS", in my opinion, Silvestri's finest hour. I can't complain though...all the Horner releases in 2009 and the upcoming AVATAR, has kept me happy this year.

H.

I didn't realise there were this many Silvestri nuts in here.

Zemeckis + Silvestri = Great music

Zemeckis + Silvestri = Herrmann rip-offs as heard in DEATH BECOMES HER and WHAT LIES BENEATH!

I bought The Abyss second hand once, but it had a big scratch on it, so I got my money back.

"The Abyss" was required listening at the Academy. When they put Horner out to pasture, they hoped he fare better than Silvestri.

You'll also need the Davy Crockett Ballad heard in Lou's Cafe and the film version of Marty and the Starlighters' performance of Johnny B. Goode with Marty's solo. Oh and the Pinheads' dance audition.

If we're getting that comprehensive with the song additions to our complete scores, you can't leave off JP Sousa's "The Washington Post," heard every time the mayor gets referenced.

I still have the original BTTF CD so if I want some of the songs they are there.

This was a pleasant suprise. When I got home last night I opened my email and saw the announcement from Intrada. I had to go to their site to actually believe it. ;)

And kudos to Roger Fiegelson, he mentioned he had been working on it for 3 years.

I'd like to go on record and point out that I did mention many times over the past couple of years that Intrada would be the label to release BTTF. ;)

But 2 of the "holy" 3 that are constantly mentioned are down, I may be completely wrong but I believe Robert Townson's 1000 release at Varese will be Spartacus.

The stuff we want is coming, we just have to be patient.

Oh and I also grabbed Lee Holdridge's In Search Of Peace. The soundclips really impressed me.

But 2 of the "holy" 3 that are constantly mentioned are down, I may be completely wrong but I believe Robert Townson's 1000 release at Varese will be Spartacus.

After 50 years, they still have to pay the re-use fees to the musicians' estates.

Not to add in a pun, but it's about time this was released!! And just in time for the 25th anniversary of the movie next year, at that. Yeah, lots of Silvestri and big BTTF fans here, more than a lot realize, I would imagine; I know, I'm one of them. First the complete sessions of Part II and III and now this. This has been an awesome year with all of Silvestri's BTTF music coming out of the woodwork at last, LOL.

Oh, and Trent? You were right on the money when you told me months ago that this had 38 to 39 tracks; that's exactly what it has!! Good job on the guess, pal!!

I hate Intrada. They release so many great scores, but in such quantity, that I never manage to purchase it. I don't buy scores when they are released, but only when I find them at reasonable prices. Their scores, however, disappear from the market almost right away and if they ever reapear, they cost fortune. Thus, I only have one score from them. Good, that at least this one is > 3000.

I'm surprised more people aren't ordering from here!:

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/backtothefuture-complete'>http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/backtothefuture-complete

$1 shipping!!

You can even order the OST there for $9.99 too!

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/backtothefuture

I also amended my order on Intrada to get "In Search Of Peace" at the last minute. I REALLY didn't want to spend much on soundtracks right now (since I am supposed to try and get christmas presents during the Black Friday insanity)... but after listening to all the sound clips on the site, it sounds like a truly great score. And since that one is only 1,000 units, even if I don't end up liking it I figure it will eventually be highly valuable. Never seen the film it comes from, though.