The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

There's some speculation at FSM that Young Sherlock Holmes fits that clue, but I think there's more demand than 1000 copies could support. If it does turn out to be YSH, there will be a feeding frenzy, and I will be part of that as it is one of my personal favorites.

There's some speculation at FSM that Young Sherlock Holmes fits that clue, but I think there's more demand than 1000 copies could support. If it does turn out to be YSH, there will be a feeding frenzy, and I will be part of that as it is one of my personal favorites.

I would think YSH would warrant at least a minimum of 2000 copies. But you know sometimes things don't go the way we expect and sometimes the licensing agreements may not allow a large release.

But YSH would have to be 2 discs. Roger usually tells us if it is a multi disc set.

I think the TV show is A-Team

If the 1,000 release score is one that had a promo on CD, it's probably not some old 60's score right? Probably a 90's or 2000's score?

I could be wrong but doesn't Sliva Screen have the rights to the A-Team???

Although more A-Team is A ok by me

Edit: Or was the Silva album a re-recording??

If the 1,000 release score is one that had a promo on CD, it's probably not some old 60's score right? Probably a 90's or 2000's score?

Yes, I would guess something in the past 20 years.

Christopher Young is a good guess then, he's had a lot of promos. And Intrada expanded on the Species promo.

Those of us who ordered Intrada's very first Signature release, Chris Young's The Tower, received a copy of The Core. No one knew that is was being shipped with the orders. It was a surprise.

Yup

The Special Collection release is from the 60s. The TV series aired for 10 years.

So we have:

1. A Special Collection line score from the 60's limited to 1,000 copies "It's probably one of this composer's most important works and it was mostly available as a promo only a while back. This is remastered with improved sound and elegant packaging."

2. A MAF line score to a television show that ran for 10 years

Those of us who ordered Intrada's very first Signature release, Chris Young's The Tower, received a copy of The Core. No one knew that is was being shipped with the orders. It was a surprise.

I would love to have a copy of "the core". It's Young's score I like best (amazing, considering the movie ;)), and it's a pity it was only distributed that way. I can only say "lucky you" to the ones who got it for free, and hope it will be made available some time soon for the rest of us.

I've never even heard of "The Tower". What does it sound like?

I love Young's score to Drag Me To Hell if that compares at all

EDIT:

The MAF TV release must be one of these:

http://en.wikipedia....asons_or_longer

EDIT 2: Nevermind, those are just network shoes. Cable shows like Stargate SG1 wouldn't be on that list

I would love to have a copy of "the core". It's Young's score I like best (amazing, considering the movie :P), and it's a pity it was only distributed that way. I can only say "lucky you" to the ones who got it for free, and hope it will be made available some time soon for the rest of us.

100 % agreed, The Core is one of more annoying gaps in my collection. :P Here's to hoping that sometime in the not so distant future, one of labels might release it the way they just did with ID4 or last year with Star Trek II.

Here's a question that's always bugged me. What differentiates between Intrada's Special Collection and Signature Editions?

I've always wondered the same thing.

Here's a question that's always bugged me. What differentiates between Intrada's Special Collection and Signature Editions?

I've always wondered the same thing.

Is it for the most well-known scores of the composer? :P

For instance: -

John Williams - Special Collection - Dracula, The Poseidon Adventure, Sugarland Express etc. Scores that are special, but not the most well-known/famous from the particular composer.

John Williams - Signature Edition - Jaws, Star Wars, Superman, E.T. etc. Scores that are true signature editions of the particular composer and are well-known/famous.

Dunno if that's how it works, but that's always been my gut instinct towards these things. :P

Special Collection titles are generically scores from the standard repertoire.

Signature Edition titles are lesser-known scores from both famous and not-so famous composers.

I think the 1000 unit copy will be Laurence Rosenthal's score to Becket.

I wish the TV series would be Hawaii Five-O.

By the way I messaged Roger on Facebook asking if he knew what "Special Collection" and "Signature Edition" meant for Intrada's releases. This is what he said about both.

The Special Collection is for mainstream, easily recognizable films or more important projects. Signature Editions, more or less, focus on smaller, lesser known films...sometimes by big composers, sometimes by newcomers, but generally have a smaller market than those in the Special Collection. Sometimes titles fall into a gray area and we just have to make a call.

It's a confusing moniker. I have their Re-Animator Signature Edition. Isn't that an easily recognizable film?

They should drop the signature series name, as it implies an autographed copy also.

I think the 1000 unit copy will be Laurence Rosenthal's score to Becket.

Roger posted another clue, the film was Black & White so scratch Becket.

Yeah that sounds like a good guess.

I don't think it's The Longest Day. Unless a bunch of music was cut from the film, there isn't enough to warrant an album. Maybe if you added it to another Jarre score, yes.

Well we've got Jag and The Miracle Worker.

I'm damn tempted by Jag, but since it's unlimited I'm not going to rush into buying just yet. Plus with ID4 and Robocop (which I just received today!), it'll make this an expensive month.

Ya JAG isn't limited, so you can get that any time. The other one is limited to 1,000 copies. I may pick up JAG at some point in the future.

Edit: I'm diggin' the sound clips for JAG, I'll most likely pick that up in a month or so. BTW Rich, glad you got your copy of Robocop today :)

I did the liners for both of these, and they're both terrific! But if you have to prioritize the $$$, snap up THE MIRACLE WORKER while you have the chance ... it's very limited, and a true masterpiece of the art form!

Grabbed the Miracle Worker. I remember this movie and its music making an impression on me in high school when I saw the film.

Intrada has 2 new releases coming out May 11th

This will sound familiar. One Special Collection release limited to 1000 copies. One MAF release...not limited.

Next clue from Roger:

The MAF release is from the 80s. Not sure how much of a grail it will be for most people, but it's definitely on at least one person's grail list.

If he's not thinking its a grail for most people, then its probably not unlimited because they expect to sell more than 5,000 copies... its probably unlimited because there were little to no re-use fees. But he's making it sound like it was something never before released, not a "First time on CD but it was on LP" situation like Manhunter.

Hmmm.