The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I don't know anything about "Flesh + Blood" - do "dynamite" and "powerhouse" describe that score at all?

Yes you could say that, the main theme is quite rousing.

A poster on FSM has indicated that Prometheus' "Flesh + Blood" was NOT complete.

Does anybody know if Varese's Commando was complete?

A poster on FSM has indicated that Prometheus' "Flesh + Blood" was NOT complete.

Does anybody know if Varese's Commando was complete?

I found this thanks to soundtrackcollector.com:

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/soundtrackdetail.php?movieid=28973

A little over 43 minutes. Not really sure if this is complete though?

Well yea, you can go to Varese's site to get the track list

http://www.varesesar...VCL-1103-1026-2

I was wondering if it was complete or not. Also if it was hissy or not

EDIT:

I am clicking through the list of Varese Club titles on their official sites.

Here's all the 80's titles I could see: Do any of them fit all the clues (prior LE was complete but hissy, "dynamite", "powerhouse", new version will be assembed differently)?

James Horner - Project X

John Williams - Heartbeeps

Michael Kamen - Die Hard

Georges Delerue - Joe Vs. The Volcano

Alan Silvestri - Romancing The Stone

Howard Shore - Big

Alan Silvestri - Predator

James Horner - Commando

Jerry Goldsmith - Alien Nation

Maurice Jarre - Top Secret

Elmer Bernstein - Ghostbusters

Jerry Goldsmith - Runway

Bill Conti - The Karate Kid

Bill Conti - F/X

Jerry Goldsmith - The Burbs

LOL - typo obviously!

I think it has to be Predator, nothing else fits all the clues

Well yea, that makes it fit the clue! Roger said the prior version WAS complete, which makes Die Hard, for example, not fit the clues.

Not that I think it's The Karate Kid. I think it's Predator

Top Secret would qualify but Varese only did 1000 of that release. I can't see Intrada raising it to 3000.

I wouldn't classify it as a powerhouse. It sounds fine to me, plus I think that had a 1000 copy run originally.

What I want to know is what actual music is new on the 2 disc footwarmer of Die Hard that's not on the Varese release.

There's all kinds of music on the Die Hard boot that isn't on the Varese. Not only sections of cues that Varese microedited out, but also entire cues Varese didn't include. Then there are some other unused ideas Kamen recorded that weren't in the movie at all, including new variations on the Beethoven and Roy Rogers music.

The Complete Score is about 90 minutes, then there are about 20 minutes of alternates/unused miscellenae, so a complete release would be 2 CDs and about 110 minutes total.

Doug has posted a new Doug's Corner:

Some excitement heading this way on Tuesday, August 3. We've got two more new limited edition CDs in our Special Collection series that'll probably appeal to diverse audiences. On one disc you'll find scores from a pair of 1950's CinemaScope pictures, both in stereo, both from composers heavily associated with that era. We've got 1200 copies available. On the other disc we're re-issuing a genuine 1980's classic with improved audio courtesy superior master elements. Contents are identical though a couple of track assemblies differ. For minute-by-minute counters, our version is slightly longer due to a complete presentation of the end credits (they were slightly truncated on the earlier version.) No big deal there. The initial release was very well-produced and satisfied fans for the short time it was available. But the title should be available again - especially now. So we've got 3000 of them to go around. I think our digital sonics make for a worthy improvement, too. The music, needless to say, is literally explosive! Watch for the postings and sound samples on our site this Monday evening, August 2. Orders start shipping the very next day.

GOTTA be Predator. Yay!

FWIW, if anyone wants a sealed copy of Varese's version, www.moviemusic.com has one for $49.99:

http://www.moviemusi...dtrack/predator

Well, that seals it. Hooray! That's gonna make a lot of people happy. Amazing how quickly it devalues the Varese.

Yup, sounds like Predator, all right. (Although I'm a bit concerned—I don't know if I want to own any music that will literally explode. Sounds dangerous!)

BTW, it wouldn't have been Ghostbusters—that one's not quite complete.

haha and here I recently gave my physical copy of the Varèse disc to a music buddy of mine. Well I'll get this new Intrada version for sure if it has better sound quality. :(

Yup, sounds like Predator, all right. (Although I'm a bit concerned—I don't know if I want to own any music that will literally explode. Sounds dangerous!)

BTW, it wouldn't have been Ghostbusters—that one's not quite complete.

I would like Ghostbusters next. I missed it, and I'm too cheap to pay eBay prices.

Is this a Hail Mary pass?

Man I should rush my Predator onto eBay with a high "Buy It Now" option.

I dunno. Watching snipemonkey's sales, the market for opened CDs isn't as good as it is for unopened ones.

I'll probably pass or cave in and order and end up sending my Varese CD to John.

At this pace he's going to end up owning a huge majority of my original collection.

At this pace he's going to end up owning a huge majority of my original collection.

:D

And it's very much appreciated. Even the Olivarez vault only has so much room. :P

Man I should rush my Predator onto eBay with a high "Buy It Now" option.

Wait until it's confirmed. Then put it up for something reasonable, yet not too low. Making money is always nice, but making enough to buy the new release is really ideal. I'd say go for something between $40-$60. If someone's looking and doesn't know about the new release, it'll sell. Amazon may be the place to do it though, since it shows everything that's available. If a shopper goes to the used page and sees old listings going for $100+, and then yours for $50, that's the one they'll get.

They don't have a set hour; It's different each time. Usually approx 7pm EST (approx 2 hours from right now)