The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

My copy of Predator went out today from Movie Music so I should have it by Friday at the latest.

Same here!! I made my first order with them for this disc..yoohoo!

Jamesyboy

Funny, just yesterday I wrote I'd love to have Land before Time, and now it's actually possible? Would be too good to be true!

Same here!! I made my first order with them for this disc..yoohoo!

You'll like Peter's service, he's got top quality service. I've been ordering from Peter the last few years and he'll always get my business. Even if I am able to order directly from the Labels when releases come out I will still always order from Peter always.

Hey you know which one I would LOVE to be reissued, because I never found it at a decent price: Morricone's Frantic. Think that would warrant 3000 copies.

New clues.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3567&start=75

The 1200 release is from a thriller, and offers this composers' most serious, dark work that I've come across. Definitely different from his usual upbeat style.

The 3000 release is a reissue of a CD that is a reissue of an LP. I tried to expand it, but the licensor that controlled the extra material just wasn't mobilizing. At least, I waited a year and finally decided to move along. But honestly, this had always been a long program and a great album. There was really only one additional cue (and a short one), that I wanted to add. But the masters for the extra music were of differing sound quality, so it would have been in a bonus section anyway. Not much to complain about this program.

Roger

Even better!

This was aimed at Jason's suggestion of SpaceCamp before Mark interjected, and I didn't feel like editing it. Due to Mark's triple no below, I have to clarify.

For the 3,000 unit release, out of the titles mentioned so far, we now know it CANNOT be:

Die Hard

Supergirl

Back To The Future 2

Commando

Ghostbusters

The Black Hole

Conan The Barbarian

Delta Force

Young Sherlock Holmes

And it's probably not:

The Last Starfighter

I think the most likely candidate is indeed SpaceCamp!!

The LP was released in 1986, and the CD in 1992.

I'm going to check soundtrackcollector now to see if any of these titles had their first CDs released a year or more after an LP release:

John Williams - Always

Jerry Goldsmith - Night Crossing, Link, Legend, Warlock, Lionheart, Explorers

Alan Silvestri - Flight Of The Navigator, No Mercy

James Horner - Cocoon, Dad, The Land Before Time

For the 3,000 unit release, out of the titles mentioned so far, we now know it CANNOT be:

Die Hard

Supergirl

Back To The Future 2

Commando

Ghostbusters

The Black Hole

Conan The Barbarian

Delta Force

Young Sherlock Holmes

And it's probably not:

The Last Starfighter

I think the most likely candidate is indeed SpaceCamp!!

The LP was released in 1986, and the CD in 1992.

I'm going to check soundtrackcollector now to see if any of these titles had their first CDs released a year or more after an LP release:

John Williams - Always

Jerry Goldsmith - Night Crossing, Link, Legend, Warlock, Lionheart, Explorers

Alan Silvestri - Flight Of The Navigator, No Mercy

James Horner - Cocoon, Dad, The Land Before Time

I hope it's not Explorers, there's more than just one short cue that needs to be added.

OK, I've looked up all the guessed titles from this thread, the Intrada thread, and the FSM thread. This is what I came up with:

NEVER HAD AN LP:

Michael Kamen - Die Hard

Alan Silvestri - Flight Of The Navigator

James Horner - Commando

Elmer Bernstein - Ghostbusters

NEVER HAD A CD:

Alan Silvestri - No Mercy

John Barry - The Black Hole

CD & LP CAME OUT AT THE SAME TIME:

John Williams - Always

Jerry Goldsmith - Link

Jerry Goldsmith - Warlock

James Horner - Cocoon

James Horner - Dad

James Horner - The Land Before Time

James Horner - Batteries Not Included

Alan Silvestri - Back To The Future Part II

Alan Silvestri - The Abyss

TITLE HAS ALREADY RECEIVED AN EXPANSION:

Bruce Broughton - Young Sherlock Holmes

Bruce Broughton - The Boy Who Could Fly

Jerry Goldsmith - Supergirl

Jerry Goldsmith - Lionheart

Jerry Goldsmith - Night Crossing

Jerry Goldsmith - Legend

Alan Silvestri - Delta Force

Basil Poledouris - Conan The Barbarian

Basil Poledouris - Flesh + Blood

Michael Kamen - Lethal Weapon

FITS THE CLUES:

Jerry Goldsmith - Explorers (LP in 1985, CD in 1990)

John Williams - SpaceCamp (LP in 1986, CD in 1992)

The thing is, Explorers has much more than one short cue that is worthy of being released.

There's also Blue Thunder by Arthur B. Rubinstein. That had an LP in 1983, but the soundtrackcollector listing for the Super Tracks CD says that it's a bootleg, and doesn't include a year. I'm also not sure it would warrant 3,000 copies.

I think its SpaceCamp!!! The only thing throwing me off is Roger's "long program" comment. The OST was 47 minutes.

Just realized since Jerry Goldsmith is no longer with us, it can't be Explorers anyway. And Arthur B. Rubinstein hasn't written anything since 2006.

Can't see it being anything other than SpaceCamp!

I'm hoping for an outside chance that it would be "2010".

"Blue Thunder" would be brilliant (and so would "Wargames", for that matter). Ditto "Link". Any chance that one of the releases could be "Jagged Edge", in which case....BRING IT ON!!!!!

Blue Thunder and Wargames don't fit because Arthur B. Rubenstein is no longer composing. Link doesn't fit because Jerry Goldsmith is dead. 2010 and Jagged Edge don't fit because the LP and CD were released at the same time

Blue Thunder and Wargames don't fit because Arthur B. Rubenstein is no longer composing. Link doesn't fit because Jerry Goldsmith is dead. 2010 doesn't fit because the LP and CD were released at the same time

Jagged Edge could fit, though I dunno if it would warrant 3,000 copies.

;) Thanks for that, Jason. It's nice to dream, though, isn't it?

They actually never get announced.... They just all of a sudden are up for sale on their website.

It happens Monday nights at a random time between about 7pm EST and 8pm EST

Then they begin shipping Tuesday mornings

I think the 3,000 release HAS to be SpaceCamp.

First, let me remind you of this section of Roger's clue:

There was really only one additional cue (and a short one), that I wanted to add.

Now, let me show you this post from King Mark from 2008:

I just watched the DVD

The only thing missing from the OST is a (great) 30 second unreleased fanfare at 1hour 2 minutes,and a few minutes of "suspense" underscore when Andie is stranded in space.That fanfare is fairly clean with no sfx and only a few words over it,but I don't think it can be extracted from the rear channels because the film is in "stereo surround"

K.M.Who thought there would be more music

Now I have a question: For those of you with the SpaceCamp / Yes Giorgio bootleg, is that fanfare cue on it? Or was the bootleg a direct transfer of the OST with some tracks re-arranged?

Man I hope it is SpaceCamp. I watched it last night and it matches what KM said. I have te Japanese disc but I would love the remastered sound. The old disc is rather flat at times. But I think you're right Jason, I can't see that it would be anything else.

It could also be David Shire's Return to Oz.

According to soundtrackcollector, the LP and CD both came out at the same time, so I don't think it fits the clues. Also, does it only feature "one short cue" worthy of being included in an expansion?

I'm listening a suite on YouTube and it's reminding me a lot of The Rare Breed (the suite on the '40 Years' set).

It's unsurprisingly got a very classical structure to it and has that signature 80s sound but I do quite like it. I'll have to seek out more cues and give this one consideration.

On eBay a seller is selling a SpaceCamp soundtrack with a Buy It Now price of $55. The item will go away on Monday morning...a few hours before Intrada's release goes up. He certainly seems to think that SpaceCamp is coming. The question is, is that based off what we already know or a connection with Intrada?

The same thing happened 2 weeks ago with Predator. The clues pointed to Predator so people unloaded their copies. Same thing now with SpaceCamp. if I owned a copy I'd probably try to sell it

There was a bunch of Predators on ebay and other places right before the Intrada came out and yes, one of them was from a seller that called themselves La La Land

I've never owned Return to Oz, but from being familiar with the film and looking at the track list, it seems to be fairly complete. This could be it. It is an LSO score though, for whatever that's worth.

Damn it. It's still good though.

As of this posting, a few copies of the Bay Cities release are still available, though an Intrada release should be cheaper.

Incidentally, just after a Poledouris Lord of the Rings, I would've loved a Shire one, and not because of his name.

Low Quantity alerts:

ROBOCOP Less than 100 copies remaining (Limit 1 per customer)

SPECIES Less than 100

HONEY I SHRUNK THE KIDS Less than 100