The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Then again, if MV was indeed able to get Spielberg and Williams to sign off on an expanded HOOK, I'm sure Intrada would be able to get them to sign off of 1941

Then again, if MV was indeed able to get Spielberg and Williams to sign off on an expanded HOOK, I'm sure Intrada would be able to get them to sign off of 1941

Is that confirmed or just speculation based on the hints MV gave at the end of last year?

Someone on the FSM board mentioned that Varese might have rights to Dracula in perpetuity, which is a bummer

Is there any chance it could be Jaws? Another Universal title.

A few people on FSM seem to think it will be Masada, but I think 3,000 for that title would be appropriate.

Someone on the FSM board mentioned that Varese might have rights to Dracula in perpetuity, which is a bummer

Those two words are getting verrrrryy, verrryy annoying :|

----

The Core at 5,000? Is it really that popular? I mean it's a very good score, but nothing I'll lose a limb for.

There's no way The Core would be released at 5,000 units. I doubt it would even sell 3,000 copies in under a few years.

If the rest of the Intrada guys asked Roger not to give clues, then it's something special.

Didn't I read somewhere that all that was left of Dracula was basically the OST masters or something? I'd be delighted if there's actually more and it's about to be released, but I could've sworn I read there wasn't much left. Hope I'm proven wrong.

I've heard that too but you never know what the labels have uncovered that we don't hear about until a CD is released.

If they could clean up the sound on the original Dracula album I wouldn't mind if that was the only source left.

I would think, if the original Jaws album & complete score were presented as a 2 for 1, it might be a MAF release. As for Jaws 2, I know a few cues in the film are alternates, compared to the album versions and maybe there are some unreleased cues that were discarded, so maybe an album and film score release could be possible.

I just hope people don't get their hopes too high and end up disappointed when Monday night rolls around. ;)

There's bound to be disappointment, people are going to over-speculate.

That's very true.

Edit: If Hook is coming this year I suspect it would be from La-La Land since they've been releasing Sony titles lately.

If they could clean up the sound on the original Dracula album I wouldn't mind if that was the only source left.

I would think, if the original Jaws album & complete score were presented as a 2 for 1, it might be a MAF release. As for Jaws 2, I know a few cues in the film are alternates, compared to the album versions and maybe there are some unreleased cues that were discarded, so maybe an album and film score release could be possible.

I just hope people don't get their hopes too high and end up disappointed when Monday night rolls around. ;)

Next monday right?

Well - I totally forgot, but back on May 17th, Roger said this:

Timely topic, since our next release will be a miniseries!

Source: link

So I guess it's Masada after all

I hope it is Masada.

I've been holding off on buying the Varese CD, I've seen some reasonably priced copies but passed on them.

The only other mini-series I think might warrant that many copies is Lonesome Dove.

I can't imagine Lonesome Dove is anything that Doug would request Roger not give clues on.

Masada I can see because people bring it up over and over again in clue threads

So it is Masada...... I will order it......

If it is Conan (not likely), I will wait since we already have a very nice complete new record. The new one sounds better.

But my hope is YSH.

Those two words are getting verrrrryy, verrryy annoying :|

They're also not true in the case of this particular score (and Jaws 2).

Yup! I actually was just about to post this myself:

Though Varese apparently has rights in perpetuity to many of the scores it premiered, "Masada" was an MCA LP which Varese licensed in the '90s during a window when they had negotiated for that right. But once that expired, their jurisdiction over these titles lapsed. Thus, "Masada" and similar titles ("Explorers," "Dracula," "The Eiger Sanction," etc.) does not fall into the category of scores Varese holds in perpetuity.

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=792

I thought it was common knowledge that Varese no longer had the rights to the old MCA albums, as well as other stuff.

So it comes out tomorrow, whatever the next release is. Of course I'll be at work when it does, lol. I wonder how major the title will be...

All assumptions are leading to it's Masada by Jerry Goldsmith, given the hints and such and the lack of information regarding this release. I actually checked out an excerpt of the score on Youtube on earlier. If tomorrow night's release is in fact Masada I'll definitely order it.

I can't think of a miniseries other than Masada that would warrant 5000 copies.

As I mentioned earlier, Lonesome Dove might be a candidate. It's very popular and good.

Here's another blurb from Doug's Corner regarding the upcoming release.

5/27/11For Memorial Day, this coming Monday, we'll have a pretty big title to announce. It's a lengthy 2-CD set offering the complete score, some two and a half hours worth, to a rather epic film production. Sweeping themes, dynamic action cues, powerful fortissimos, brass fanfares... my kind of stuff! 5000 copies will be available. Orders start shipping on Tuesday, May 31. This is one you'll want to play!

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.I/id.10/.f?category=-102&category=-102

Maybe it's not a miniseries like Roger said.

Tyler Bates' 300? 5000 copies? That will last forever.

It's not "Sweeping themes, dynamic action cues, powerful fortissimos, brass fanfares" in any kind of meaning. I can't believe if it is Doug's "kind of Stuff".

Just throwing an idea in; a film that needs 2 1/2 hours of music (I guess including alternates) - loud, sweeping themes, dynamic action cues, fanfares - what about Gladiator?

Although the words "one you'll want to play!" don't quite fit that.

Unless 'film production' is just a weird way of referring to a miniseries.

Sometimes Doug will admit he's not the best at leaving clues.

Masada was epic for a TV Mini series. If it's 2-1/2 hours that means Morton Steven's music is included. But I was hoping the album would be included as well, different recording. Unless Roger made a mistake or the title got pushed back, when he mentioned the next release would be a mini series.

No matter what, if it's before 2000 and not composed by Hans Zimmer, I'm probably going to buy it.

Tyler Bates' 300? 5000 copies? That will last forever.

It's not "Sweeping themes, dynamic action cues, powerful fortissimos, brass fanfares" in any kind of meaning. I can't believe if it is Doug's "kind of Stuff".

My point is that you shouldn't say you'll buy it no matter what, based on a written description. Anyone can make crap sound like gold. Unless of course you were being sarcastic.

I'm trying to think of unreleased scores that have 2-1/2 hours of music, besides Hook. ;)

Dare I wish The Ten Commandments? ;)