The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Roger also said that the second CD is from the 90s. Maybe it's Stephen KIng's It by Richard Bellis.

That's a very curious first guess...

Richard Bellis has announced a few months ago on his website that a 2 CD-set is coming soon. It fits the clues we have so far. It's a miniseries and from the 90s.

11/11/11

Come this next Tuesday we'll be offering two more new Intrada CDs for you to consider. One release brings you intense and evocative music from an important TV project and features the complete score in stereo spread across 2 CDs. The other release also features music from a TV film but involves a picture presented on a smaller scale. Both are exciting orchestral works that will enrich your library. Both will be available while interest and quantities remain. Orders begin shipping on Tuesday, November the 15th. Titles, tracks, sound samples and artwork will be posted Monday eve prior.

"Important" doesn't make me think of "IT"

Could one of the titles be Goldsmith's QBVII? It would be really great to have a complete presentation of that one.

Nah, they would have added something like 'from on of the most beloved composers' then.

features the complete score in stereo spread across 2 CDs.

For some reason that made me think of the left channel audio being on one CD and the right channel audio being on the other CD.

I'm weird.

INTRADA

Announces:

299710_10150374328287169_569387168_8174475_1590165385_n.jpg

21 HOURS AT MUNICH

Composed and Conducted by LAURENCE ROSENTHAL

INTRADA Signature Edition ISE 1046

For the 1976 television film 21 Hours at Munich, composer Laurence Rosenthal elected to compose for small orchestra. “I wanted a kind of lean and rather strong sound, which I felt was more appropriate to this film than a big and sumptuous orchestral ensemble. It felt as though it wanted to be sharp and dry and direct.” This approach nails it -- although the events play out on a world stage, the drama hinges on fleeting moments of intimate contact between a few principals. This is dramatically expressed in his forceful percussion writing, which highlights bongos, rototoms and snares, accented by such effects as scraped tam-tam, vibraphone and piccolo wood block. This material forms the spine of the score, combining with orchestral dissonance to crank up the tension as events lurch towards an inexorable, bloody conclusion.

Laurence Rosenthal composed just over a half hour of original music and Intrada's premiere release on CD of the complete score was mastered from the original ¼” full track (mono) scoring session mixes as recorded for the picture. The only known surviving studio-quality set of these masters was preserved by the composer immediately after the sessions were concluded.

21 Hours at Munich was the first of ten collaborations between Laurence Rosenthal and William Graham, spanning a full twenty years and including such titles as Mussolini: The Untold Story, Proud Men and Gore Vidal’s Billy The Kid.“ The film recants the tragic events that started on September 5, 1972. Eight heavily armed Palestinian agents of the paramilitary organization Black September entered into the slumbering Olympic Village to kidnap the Israeli team. The kidnappers demanded the release of more than 200 militants and political prisoners, or the hostages would be slaughtered. Israel refused to negotiate, advocating only a rescue action.

INTRADA Signature Editions ISE 1046

Retail Price: $19.99

NOW SHIPPING

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7332/.f

21 HOURS AT MUNICH

Label: Intrada Signature Edition ISE1046

Date: 1976

Tracks: 15

Time = 31:22

World premiere release of original soundtrack from taut William Graham dramatization of events surrounding 1972 Black September kidnapping of Israeli Olympic atheletes, subsequent rescue efforts by Israeli comando team refusing to negotiate. Laurence Rosenthal, who frequently works with Graham on numerous TV films, uses modest but still powerful orchestra to underline tense activities, dramatic scenarios unfolding onscreen. Rosenthal spotlights complex percussion section (rototoms, snares, bongos, vibraphone, scraped tam tam, other sounds), focuses on suspense, action inherent in gripping story. Score is just over half an hour, Intrada presents it complete from only known surviving set of 1/4" session tapes mixed in mono as per the film and preserved by Rosenthal immediately following actual recording sessions. Laurence Rosenthal conducts. Intrada Signature Edition available while interest and supplies last!

The Album

01. Munich Main Title 2:29

02. First Death 3:16

03. Schreiber 2:10

04. The Hostages No. 1 1:19

05. The Terrorists 1:30

06. Spitzer 3:34

07. The Photographs 2:44

08. The Tunnel 3:45

09. Anneliese Curtain 0:14

10. Munich 1:40

11. God Be With You 2:07

12. Under The Wing 1:36

13. Holocaust 1:18

14. Munich End Credits 2:27

The Extra

15. Disco Source 0:42

INTRADA

Announces:

386504_10150374328872169_569387168_8174476_721978794_n.jpg

STEPHEN KING'S IT

Composed and Conducted by RICHARD BELLIS

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 184

If one man could help give the 1990 Warner Bros. Television miniseries Stephen King's It a truly terrifying weight and create an atmosphere of nostalgia and dread, it was composer Richard Bellis. Coming in at over 100 minutes, Bellis’ score is astonishing in its thematic complexity and instrumentation. Segueing from demonic circus music to lyrical bonding, big band jazz to eerie sound design, and piercing horror synths to lush orchestral adventure, Bellis’ soundtrack is as much a masterwork of storytelling as is King’s book. Each of his numerous motifs inseparably link one traumatized character to the other, as well as to their tormentor. The past and present are one in the numerous themes that flow from Derry’s troubled streets to the haunted sewers below.

Richard Bellis made judicious use of the miniseries’ limited music budget, arranging four days of orchestral recording with various ensembles (up to 55 players) to record about an hour of music. Bellis then seamlessly integrated much of the orchestral performances with the electronic elements, which had been recorded at Ray Colcord’s home studio. The premiere release of Bellis' score is featured on this generous two-CD set from Intrada.

Set in the fictional Maine town of Derry, Stephen King's It imagined a group of seven bullied youngsters finding the courage to unite against evil incarnate, only to face the shape-shifting monster thirty years later as adults. While It’s child-hating fiend can transform into any creature — from a mummy to a teenage werewolf—its favored form is a twisted clown named Pennywise. Since time immemorial, It has emerged every three decades in “the dirty little town” of Derry to wreak havoc, taunting his innocent victims with their most terrifying nightmares. The miniseries featured a large ensemble cast, including Seth Green, Richard Thomas, John Ritter, and Annette O'Toole.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 184

Retail Price: $29.99

Available Now

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7329/.f

IT

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 184

Date: 1990

Tracks: 42

Time = 98:31

Treat for horror movie soundtrack fans! 2-CD world premiere release of complete Emmy-winning score for mammoth 1990 two-part mini-series drawn from powerhouse Stephen King novel, directed by Tommy Lee Wallace, starring Richard Thomas, Richard Masur, Annette O'Toole, Tim Curry. While composer Richard Bellis anchors with diabolical idea for twisted clown Pennywise, Bellis creates amazingly rich symphonic tapestry that covers small-town Americana setting, rituals of boys-into-men spanning some 30 years, confrontations with fear, spectacular showdowns with evil. Gorgeous trumpet during Americana segments just one highlight, dizzying array of electronics during scary sequences another highlight, powerful orchestral excitement of final Spider battle yet another. Providing fine feather in his cap, Bellis' score was first TV horror film score to nab coveted Emmy as "Best Dramatic Underscore for Miniseries or Special". Rich, multi-layered - and ambitious - score is certainly worthy of award! Intrada presents entire score in dynamic stereo from two-track digital scoring session masters courtesy Warner Bros. Entertainment. Informative notes by Dan Schweiger, vivid graphics by Joe Sikoryak complete exciting 2-CD package. Richard Bellis conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while interest and quantities remain!

CD 1 "IT" Part I

01. Main Title I 1:52

02. Enter The Clown 3:04

03. Georgie Dies 4:17

04. Ben Gets The News 0:51

05. Punks 2:18

06. I Hate It Here 1:53

07. Bedroom Jazz Source 2:24

08. The Slap 1:45

09. Die If You Try 4:02

10. Richie's Talk Show Play-Off 0:34

11. The Beast - First Encounter 2:05

12. Mike Remembers 0:58

13. Mike Joins The Group 5:07

14. Pennywise 0:39

15. Circus Source 1:10

16. Target Practice 2:51

17. The Sewer Hole 3:13

18. Stan Gets Nabbed 4:27

19. The Fog 3:25

20. The Pact 1:43

21. Stan's Suicide 0:50

22. End Credits I 1:00

CD 1 Total Time 50:53

CD 2 "IT" Part II

01. Main Title Part II 1:51

02. The Graves 1:48

03. Library Balloons 2:53

04. Ben's Flashback 0:35

05. Skeleton On The Pond 0:40

06. Guillory's Muzak 1:27

07. Hydrox 2:49

08. Audra 1:45

09. Fortune Cookie 1:54

10. Silver Flyer 2:22

11. Leftover Stan 1:52

12. Henry And Belch 2:20

13. Every Thirty Years 1:56

14. Audra Arrives 2:02

15. This Time It's For Real 4:26

16. The Smell Of Death 1:59

17. Something's Coming 4:00

18. The Spider's Web 5:11

19. Hi Ho Silver 4:33

20. End Credits Part II 1:00

CD 2 Total Time 47:38

Roger has given out the first clue for their November 29th titles:

Holiday or not, we keep plugging away. Next Tuesday will feature two releases -- one Special Collection featuring an early 80s horror score. The other is the third issue of a long time fan favorite in the MAF series. Twice on CD before, only this time as a 2-CD set.

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4500

Is the 2CD set maybe Conan the Barbarian?

I'd imagine he wouldn't include the Prometheus recording as it's not the original score, which has been released on CD twice before, with a straight translation of the LP in Europe from Milan Records, and an expanded release from Varese.

I did think about it being TMP, but I guess the Legacy release still counts as a 2-CD set, even with what's on disc two. CONAN it must be!

More clues from Roger:

The 2-CD set initially had just the LP program CD in great sound. The expanded CD that followed had an indistinct mix which caused the score to loose it's crisp and punchy detail. We were able to fix that, although we preserved the LP mix on the second disc as a freebie, because it's a different mix and worth preserving in its own right.
It was not previously available from Intrada. And the mix on the expanded score was not great for all tracks.

I will say the 2-CD set is from the 70s.

Could it be... Jaws?? Complete film score in Disc 1 and OST album on Disc 2?

More clues from Roger:

The 2-CD set initially had just the LP program CD in great sound. The expanded CD that followed had an indistinct mix which caused the score to loose it's crisp and punchy detail. We were able to fix that, although we preserved the LP mix on the second disc as a freebie, because it's a different mix and worth preserving in its own right.
It was not previously available from Intrada. And the mix on the expanded score was not great for all tracks.

I will say the 2-CD set is from the 70s.

Could it be... Jaws?? Complete film score in Disc 1 and OST album on Disc 2?

Wasn't the Jaws LP a completely different recording than the actual score from the expanded CD..?

Roger's clues cannot possibly refer to Jaws. He mentioned that the 2nd version of it had a different "mix" - not a different recording - and then again says their new 2CD preserves the lp "mix" - not the LP re-recording.

I'm struggling to think of ANY "long time fan favorites" from the 70s that had an LP, a CD of that LP, then an expanded CD with a different mix. Hmmm.

Not The Towering Inferno, not Jaws, not The Fury, not Jaws II, not Dracula...

Maybe Close Encounters?

Maybe something by Goldsmith or Barry?

I don't think there were any problems with the expanded version's sound, nor do i think it was mixed differently.... and also, he said that the complete score is on disc 1 with the LP mix on disc 2 - the complete score doesn't FIT on one disc

Slightly off (the current) topic, but has anyone else from UK/Europe had a long wait for a recent Intrada order? My copy of The Core has been winging its way for almost 3 weeks now and I'm getting a tad concerned.

Anyone know what the policy is for lost stuff if it gets that far? It wouldn't feel right to ask them to ship me another copy, but also, paying $70 for just one CD is not a route I want.

I've just never had a LE take this long before (except a purchase from BSX, but I'd heard that fast shipping wasn't their strong point so I didn't worry). It's out of character for Intrada - they usually arrive 7 to 10 days tops.

I've just never had a LE take this long before (except a purchase from BSX, but I'd heard that fast shipping wasn't their strong point so I didn't worry). It's out of character for Intrada - they usually arrive 7 to 10 days tops.

Why not message Intrada and let them know it's been over 3 weeks and still nothing? Might send you out another copy. Plus it's getting close to the Christmas rush for packages this time of year for mostly here in the United States so things to tend to get hectic. I would still message them though and see what they can do.

Besides, I think the OST and the Expanded are the same mix, no different. These is no point to put 30 mins of the same tracks into another one disc in different order. Isn't it?

I was considering Star Trek TMP, but it is the same case. Also, TMP's full score is over 80 mins, can't be put into one disc, even you use film version of the overture.

So......I don't know.

I actually would love it if it was The Omen, only if complete though. The Deluxe version was missing a couple cues I wanted, especially when Mrs. Baylock pushes Damien's mother out the window! Yes! :D

I feel like we are just combing the desert here...

Hey, it could be "Spaceballs". Once by LLLR, once on bootleg, so twice on "CD" (sort of). The LLLR wasn't complete, and the sound lacked a little "omph".

Just kidding. Though all that above was accurate.

;-)

Is Papillon a fan favorite?

If so, I think you nailed it, and that's the title.

Well, it's one of Goldsmith's most popular (and most beautiful) scores ever. Maybe it doesn't have the same cult status as Star Trek or The Omen, but it's surely very highly regarded among film score enthusiasts.

The Universal France expanded reissue surely has some weird sequencing and it sounds different in parts from the original Silva OST release. But honestly I don't know how much inferior the sound quality is in comparison.

The Universal France expanded reissue surely has some weird sequencing and it sounds different in parts from the original Silva OST release. But honestly I don't know how much inferior the sound quality is in comparison.

No re-recording, so i don't know how they can issue 2 CD's for 45 minutes of score and 12 minutes of source.

Roger said the first disc is the complete score and the second disc is the original LP. It doesn't matter how long the score is for that circumstance