The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I loved the 60's. Elmer Bernstein, along with Henry Mancini & Jerry Goldsmith ruled this decade.

Er...hello. What about John Barry, and Ennio Morricone?

I forgot to put "among others, etc" in there... So yeah.

I wonder if it will skew toward some of their restoration titles, like Jaws, E.T., To Kill a Mockingbird (PLEASE). Maybe I could even dare dream for Born on the Fourth of July?

Yeah, there's complaints about the sound being inadequate. And everybody wants the album and film recordings in the same package (coz, ya know, shelf space is just SO hard to come by).

Intrada has two more titles going OOP on June 18th:

Gil Melle - Borderline

Alfred Newman and Sol Kaplan - Dangerous Crossing / Leigh Harline - Pick Up On South Street

Roger has also announced the first clues for the June 12th titles:

We move from recognizing the 60s last time to the 90s this time. One Signature Edition featuring the premiere release of a 90s score to a family/fantasy film. The other is a Special Collection release featuring the rejected score to a late 90s title.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...php?f=12&t=4892

The second one is probably Goldsmith's rejected score for The Phantom Menace

Well obviously rejected. Goldsmith thought it was a sequel to the Dennis the Menace. How wrong he was. It was much worse.

Best guesses I've seen so far are:

Randy Newman - Air Force One (1997)

Patrick Doyle - Stepmom (1998)

Ennio Morricone - What Dreams May Come (1998)

Graeme Revell - Eaters of The Death (The 13Th Warrior) (1999)

I wish it could be Alan Silvestri's Mission: Impossible or Howard Shore's Ransom, but those are from 1996.

I can't think of any family/fantasy films from the 1990s that would be "Signature Edition" line worth (IE, obscure) instead of Special Collection worthy.

Graeme Revell - Eaters of The Death (The 13Th Warrior) (1999)

No way they'd be releasing this over Goldsmith's score. That would be like saying: "Hey, let's release an inferior version of this score instead of the real deal" No fucking way.

It would be underwhelming yes.

This should help come up with ideas for the Family/Fantasy film:

http://en.wikipedia....ms_of_the_1990s

Just gotta whittle that list down to films that are also considered "family" films, and films that have never had it's score released before.

EDIT: So far the only possibility I see on that list is Stanley Myer's score to The Witches from 1990

Roger has posted a bunch of new clues since my last post:

For once some clues that don't make people guess within 2 seconds. And no one has mentioned either title yet. Both are by composers very well represented on this label.
Oooh...I think I led you astray since I mixed up a date. Gotta love a wild goose chase. Just to clarify my earlier comment, one is from 1994 and the other from 1996.
It's probably fair to say the Signature Edition's composer is better known for horror and sci-fi, but he entered a fantasy period at this juncture.

I therefor predict the titles are:

Richard Band - Dragonworld (1994) [Family/Fantasy Signature Edition]

and

Jerry Goldsmith - Two Days In The Valley (1996) [Rejected Special Collection]

Gotta admit, I'm really disappointed it isn't What Dreams May Come. It's amazing music, and most people don't even know it exists.

Doug's Corner essentially confirms 2 Days In The Valley and Dragonworld

6/9/12

Our two latest releases offer never-before-released music from movies of the nineties. You'll find one a cool score from a crime thriller (with lots of trumpet!) and one a colorful musical fantasia for a warm fantasy. Worlds apart. Two brand new CDs to ponder and hopefully purchase!

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4895

• 2 weeks later...

Clues are up for the June 26th batch

One 70s title that is sure to take a bite out of some people's grail lists. A few lists at any rate. The other you just have to bear with me because although the CD has been out THREE previous times before, I had a specific configuration in mind and I just wanted to get it done that way. I love this score, it's exciting, colorful, and emotional and I wanted it in print again. And some heads will turn because it's gone from a 2-CD set to one CD.

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4912

Holy bloody hell is the first one JAWS or JAWS II???????????

It's the OTHER title that's gone from 2 discs to 1, not the 70's title

1. A 70's title that will "take a bite out of some people's grail lists"

2. An title that has been on CD 3 times before, at least one of which was 2-discs, and all versions are now OOP. The score is "exciting, colorful, and emotional"

The second title... first thought was Krull, but that's been out four times, however along those same lines, could be Masters of the Universe.

The second title... first thought was Krull, but that's been out four times, however along those same lines, could be Masters of the Universe.

Masters of the Universe TOTALLY fits. In fact, the completely score would easily fit on one disc, which could be what Roger was referring to.

I'd say the 70s title is Love at First Bite.

Yea, I was just realizing that by "grail list" title, Roger probably meant something that has never been on CD before, not something like Jaws or Jaws II which have their completely or nearly complete scores on CD already. I'd say your guess is spot on :)

Right, they could have put the complete score on Disc 1 and the LP on disc 2. That could be what Roger was referring to wanting to change.

Is there much difference between film and album presentations of Masters of the Universe? Just wondering, as I listen to clips online. I really didn't remember the score being this symphonic, pretty cool!

Doug's Corner:

6/25/12

Sometime later this afternoon or early evening, Jeff will post artwork and sound samples on our site of the two latest Intrada CDs. One simply comes to you courtesy the many requests we keep getting for it, no matter that it's been released by several labels before! The other one premiere's a seventies score also oft-requested but only now becoming available. Both CDs will begin shipping tomorrow (Tuesday) and will be available while quantity and interest remains!

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4918