The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Roger says:

Yes, it's early, but it's also a holiday week here so I don't want to worry about forgetting Or forgetting to worry. Something like that.

One is a 2-CD set featuring four scores. 3 sci-fi, one adventure, all produced by the same guy, with 3 different composers. Classic stuff.

The other is a reissue of a long long long long out of print classic score from the '60s. At this point, the LP is easier to find than the CD, which rarely shows up. I see no copies available on Amazon and one lone copy sold on Ebay last week for $99.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...8f6ebe2967ae85d

Basil already figured out the 60s title is The Quiller Memorandum:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000008JOR/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280909130502#ht_720wt_1165

I have no idea about the other one

Seems like both of these I can skip, which will be okay. I'm tight on funds for the next while. I'll have money for X-Men 2 from LLL but that's about it.

I saw this post on FSM and thought it was a pretty good guess

I wonder if the producer in question could be George Pal. Certainly most of his films fall into the Science-Fiction/Adventure genre - and he did work with a variety of great composers. Could this be something with "The War of the Worlds," "When Worlds Collide" (both by Leith Stevens), "Conquest of Space," (Nathan Van Cleave) and "The Naked Jungle" (Daniele Amfitheatrof)?

I think they're all Paramount holdings too, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

I saw this post on FSM and thought it was a pretty good guess

I wonder if the producer in question could be George Pal. Certainly most of his films fall into the Science-Fiction/Adventure genre - and he did work with a variety of great composers. Could this be something with "The War of the Worlds," "When Worlds Collide" (both by Leith Stevens), "Conquest of Space," (Nathan Van Cleave) and "The Naked Jungle" (Daniele Amfitheatrof)?

I think they're all Paramount holdings too, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

That's awesome stuff & I would love it if it were so.

First, Roger dropped some additional information about tonight's batch

Ooops...was writing the press release for the 2-CD set and realized I said '60s when I should have said '50s. Sorry about that!

I think he was a little confused when he posted that, because his original clues didn't mention a decade for the 2-CD set; The 60's reference in his original clues were for the OTHER release tonight. But now we know we have a 1disc 60's title, and a 2-CD 50's collection.

Second, here's the Doug's Corner for the new batch being announced tonight:

7/8/12

Sad to read today of Ernest Borgnine's passing. Legendary actor, Oscar-winning star of 1955's Marty, itself an Academy Award winner. Also memorable in The Dirty Dozen, arguing with Gene Hackman in The Posiedon Adventure, steering his PT crew on tv's McHale's Navy, goading Spencer Tracy into a fight with shocking consequences in Bad Day At Black Rock... all sorts of great stuff. My favorite: playing one of The Wild Bunch. Yep. Reunited with William Holden for all eternity. Speaking of which, one never forgets his sadistic role in From Here To Eternity, either. Farewell Mr. Borgnine.

On a happier note, we have two new releases to offer this Tuesday, July 10. You'll find one a straight CD reissue of a long out-of-print title first appearing as a stereo LP in the mid-sixties. Think cool and intriguing. The other release is a pretty spectacular world premiere 2-CD set offering four important scores tied to a legendary producer of numerous sci-fi classics. Lovingly produced from Paramount vault materials in both mono and stereo and featuring everything surviving from all four scores, this set has some magnificent music to enjoy and nice packaging to admire. Watch for artwork and sound samples on our site tomorrow evening, July 9. And feel free to order one or both releases, too!

Source: http://www.intrada.n....php?f=2&t=4939

In addition, Roger has dropped some hints for several upcoming releases:

[Doug is] swamped right now with some very tight deadlines (right now he's wrapping up a Moross score and several Jarre and Goldsmith projects and starting on more Bernstein and Mancini). And for those asking, the 2-CD master for Battlestar Galactica Vol. 3 is finished.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...t=4791&start=15

Man A Troll In Central Park vanished off the face of the planet.

I knew Intrada wouldn't carry it anymore, but I assumed other sites would still have stock leftover. SAE, Movie Music, Amazon, and eBay are wiped clean.

I knew Intrada wouldn't carry it anymore, but I assumed other sites would still have stock leftover. SAE, Movie Music, Amazon, and eBay are wiped clean.

If you want some quality Folk, I heartily recommend Lawnmower Man 2. The CD is still readily available and at a decent price... A Troll in Central Park is okay. Too much mickey-mousing, even for an animated film.

I placed an order for it at Intrada's site this afternoon. While it's listed as "Out of Stock," it's still got the "Add to Shopping Cart" button, and not the common "SOLD OUT" message. Now, the wait to see if the order is actually fulfilled. If not, no biggie.

Two more Intradas going Out Of Print soon (July 30th):

Terry Plumeri - Mr. Atlas

Lee Holdridge - Winston Churchill: Walking With Destiny

I have both of those. Don't really remember the Holdridge (should get it out again), but the Plumeri is quite wonderful. One theme reminds me of the gorgeous middle section of Sibelius' Finlandia, only with added harmonica. Lovely score, worth having.

I placed an order for it at Intrada's site this afternoon. While it's listed as "Out of Stock," it's still got the "Add to Shopping Cart" button, and not the common "SOLD OUT" message. Now, the wait to see if the order is actually fulfilled. If not, no biggie.

Yes I was aware of that, but if you actually go to the product page it says SOLD OUT. Not to mention they advertised it was going OOP. I guess going OOP means they have absolutely no copies left, when I understood it as they won't be producing any more copies from that date.

Yes. Everyone should get these two before they disappear.

Two more Intradas going Out Of Print soon (July 30th):

Terry Plumeri - Mr. Atlas

Lee Holdridge - Winston Churchill: Walking With Destiny

I have both of those. Don't really remember the Holdridge (should get it out again), but the Plumeri is quite wonderful. One theme reminds me of the gorgeous middle section of Sibelius' Finlandia, only with added harmonica. Lovely score, worth having.

Ladies and gentlemen, feel free to read my latest interview with Intrada's producer and marketing director Roger Feigelson.

You'll learn a lot about upcoming releases in reading it, especially CONAN THE BARBARIAN.

And of course, the very last question is about John Williams' work!

Enjoy!

http://www.underscor...ney-and-beyond/

I like this.

There are no songs in The Black Cauldron, but most of their other animated movies feature songs…

Having songs or not in the score is not the issue : if they want it out, whether or not the title has been done before, anything is possible.

I didn't like this:

Last but not least, JohnWilliams is turning 80 years old this year. Can we expect Intrada to celebrate this joyful event?

Uh…no. Not that I can remember. Not a whole lot left of his to work on, either!

But I do like this:

Bruce Broughton can tip his hat to Intrada and vice-versa as Intrada released more than 30 CDs of his work. What can you say on such a long and close collaboration? And can we expect the release of Young Sherlock Holmes this year?

Doug and I are big fans of his work. We have built a great relationship with him. We love to release his stuff and he loves to see his stuff released. And Young Sherlock Holmes is definitely coming as soon as we can do, maybe this year. Maybe.

and this:

For Conan The Barbarian, the master is done. It’s three CDs and it’s truly complete: it contains everything, including alternates and the original album program. It’s assembled from the 24-track masters, which have never been heard before. All previous album releases came from ¼” masters, and the movie is in mono. So there are details in the music that have never been heard before. At least not unless you were there live for the recording.

Great interview Olivier!

So let's see, we have:

Young Sherlock Holmes definitely coming, perhaps this year, maybe next

Horner's Volunteers is most likely coming

Conan The Barbarian is 3 CDs and is done on Intrada's end

A new set of TV series volumes is coming out - I wonder what it could be?

With their relationship with Disney, I wonder if it could be some of the good cartoon scores.

Great interview Olivier!

So let's see, we have:

Young Sherlock Holmes definitely coming, perhaps this year, maybe next

Horner's Volunteers is most likely coming

Conan The Barbarian is 3 CDs and is done on Intrada's end

More, read between the lines! ;)

I find this lines interesting:

"A Disney Park compilation CD appears to be highly requested by collectors. Did you ever talk with Randy Thornton about it?

Yes. Yes we did."

And these from Doug:

Two Special Collection titles. One is early 80s sci-fi/horror score that was rejected. Second is a 2-CD set featuring the expanded score to a mid-90s adventure. Who knows what these titles are? We know

and The SHADOW knows? (as FSM posters speculate)

Those aren't Doug's clues, those are Roger's

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4952

The clues have never been easier. The rejected 80s sci-fi/horror score has to be Wolfen (see http://www.craigsafan.com/), and the mid-90s adventure score has to be Jerry Goldsmith's The Shadow (whose tagline is "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

Wonder why he made it so obvious?

"A Disney Park compilation CD appears to be highly requested by collectors. Did you ever talk with Randy Thornton about it?

Yes. Yes we did."

AND...?! Thanks for the torture.

Yes. Yes we did."

Yes, please. Release all of it. :mrgreen:

Doug's Corner:

7/20/12

Time for two more new releases. Artwork and audio samples will be posted this Monday eve (July 23) and orders will begin shipping on Tuesday (July 24). One finds you listening to a incredibly intense score from the early eighties, scored for large orchestra - and a big brother to an earlier release premiered by Intrada not that long ago. The other title puts you back in the nineties, takes up two CDs and becomes one of the most substantial expansions this composer has received to date. An ambitious project long in development here, this one took bringing both Universal and Sony to their senses. Once a mere 30 minutes on tap, enjoy now some 55 additional minutes of never-before-released music. Action, thrills... and the original album, too. This one's pretty exciting!

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4956

Sounds impressive! 55 minutes of never-before released Goldsmith sounds like a good 400th release to me!

Roger's original clues were so obvious it literally can't be anything but Wolfen and The Shadow

Yes I was aware of that, but if you actually go to the product page it says SOLD OUT. Not to mention they advertised it was going OOP. I guess going OOP means they have absolutely no copies left, when I understood it as they won't be producing any more copies from that date.

There may have been a discrepancy in their stock system when I was on Intrada's site. Just got a fulfillment notice on my order, so Troll is on its way. Perhaps someone else had it in an already-placed order and cancelled.

I too yearn for a complete remastered release of Twister and I hope one day somebody can make it happen

Roger's original clues were so obvious it literally can't be anything but Wolfen and The Shadow

Definitely ordering The Shadow. I think I'll pass on Safan's Wolfen, as I didn't really care for the clips I heard before.

Doug recently said this on Intrada's board:

As some of you may have noticed, starting with Elmer Bernstein's RAMPAGE, we've released several Warner Bros. projects over the last year or so. In fact, another Warner/Intrada project hits this coming Tuesday, July 24. And for you folks who always want sneak peeks, amongst our Warner projects currently in production are titles mentioned in this very thread. We'll all miss the FSM trailblazing that was done with Warner and Rhino but Warner is still here and Rhino is still here and we're still here and even Lukas is still here... so be patient, follow Intrada and find yourselves rewarded in good time.

--Doug

(bolding mine)

Source: http://www.intrada.n...?p=59376#p59376

The WB titles mentioned in that thread are:

Elmer Bernstein - The Miracle

Danny Elfman - Batman (Original Tracks)

Jerry Fielding - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Jerry Fielding - Beyond The Poseidon Adventure

Michael Kamen - Lethal Weapon 1-4

Michael Kamen - Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves

Alan Silvestri - The Bodyguard

Alan Silvestri - Fandango

Various - Harry Potter 1-8 (Completes)

Obviously LLL took care of Batman, and they have The Bodyguard on the way.

I want the Intrada/WB titles currently in the works to be Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Fandango, but I have a feeling its more likely to be the Bernstein and Fielding titles

I've got a pretty strong Prince of Thieves vibe too. There's an FSM thread called 'Used Bin Tea Leaves', and apparently used copies of POT have been showing up in droves.

Eh, I find Prince of Thieves on the clearance shelf all the time. (That darned backwards spine always stands out from the rest.) Just means it sold a lot of copies back in the day.

That said, I'd welcome complete release with open arms.

Roger has posted the first clues for the August 7th batch

One release in the Special Collection. This release is no stranger to being out there both in original form and rerecorded form. A lot. However, the original tracks needed a lot of attention. So with a lot of reconstructive work (= time, energy and money), we'll be able to present the score in dramatically improved sound featuring a lot of cool artwork from the film not used before. If you love this score, you just can't pass up this version.

Source; http://www.intrada.n...php?f=12&t=4977

The consensus from the Intrada and FSM threads seems to be that it's likely:

Conan The Barbarian

The Magnificent Seven

North By Northwest

Jaws

Vertigo

or

Psycho

Conan was previously mentioned by either Doug or Roger to be a MAF title, so I don't think its that. Roger said in a recent interview that they are not working on any Williams titles so I don't think its Jaws. In the same interview he mentioned a Bernstein title was in the works, so my guess is Magnificent Seven.

Whatever it is, I'm surprised based on the description Roger gave that it's a limited edition (Special Collection line) title and not an unlimited (MAF line) title

Any of those would be a must-buy and would bring Intrada's servers to its knees a la La La Land in recent weeks.

I wonder if it could also be El Cid, which has been released in original form and been rerecorded. Were the masters to be discovered, cleaned up, and released....wow.

Even with El Cid I'd be surprised that it was Special Collection and not MAF. Then again there could be weird reasons why it had to be limited I suppose

I'd be happy if it were North by Northwest. The OST sounds absolutely crap in places, with the isolated score clearly having come from a superior source.

I enjoy parts of Magnificent Seven, but the sound quality of the original recordings put me off - I stick to the re-recording.

El Cid i would rule out. The only release of original recordings was a disc on Cloud 9 Records, and that only included the Overture, Prelude, Entr'acte, and Exit Music, along with an extra track from the album recording. I would think this release coming up represents something that had at least a substantial release of the original tracks.

Same with Psycho - no real release of the original tracks (as far as I know) would sort of rule it out based on the clue.

No Jaws. No Williams.

My guess is Magnificent Seven or North By Northwest.