The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I have so many holy grails still left unreleased, it's not even funny. Recording sessions leaks have helped more with that than official releases, actually!

Indeed.

Here's a list of what I would love to have in complete form...

Air Force One
Back To The Future Part 2
Back To The Future Part 3
Dinosaur
The Land Before Time
The Lost World Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III
The Matrix (wishful thinking)
Mulan
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Small Soldiers
Spider-Man 1-3 (wishful thinking)
Stargate
Starship Troopers
Star Wars Episode I
Star Wars Episode II
Star Wars Episode III
Twister
Volcano
Willow
X-Men
X-Men The Last Stand
I listed The Matrix because as we all know the "Deluxe Edition" was a half-assed release.

Here's the actual text of Intrada's announcement, not sure why Koko did a screen grab instead (lol)

As part of our 30th Anniversary milestone, we are thrilled to announce the launch of a customer loyalty program. Starting today, all purchases will earn 1 point for every $20 spent, and every point can be redeemed for $1 off future purchases. You don't need to do anything to join this program, we have enrolled you automatically, and you will automatically earn points as you make purchases in the future. To redeem your points, you will see an option under your "My Account" page for "Loyalty Program." There you can view your current points balance and redeem points. When you redeem points, in any amount, you will be emailed a gift certificate code. Enter this code the next time you checkout (there will be an option to enter a gift certificate), and your total due will be reduced by the gift certificate amount entered.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6815

And the slightly differently worded Facebook version:

As part of our 30th Anniversary milestone, we are thrilled to announce the launch of a customer loyalty program. Starting today, all purchases will earn 1 point for every $20 spent, and every point can be redeemed for $1 off future purchases. You don't need to do anything to join this program, we have enrolled you automatically, and you will automatically earn points as you make purchases in the future. To redeem your points, you will now see an option under your "My Account" page for "Loyalty Point Redemption." There you can view your current points balance and redeem points. When you redeem points, in any amount, you will be emailed a gift certificate code. Enter this code the next time you checkout (there will be an option to enter a gift certificate), and your total due will be reduced by the gift certificate amount entered! Thank you so much for being an Intrada customer, we are glad to share the love of movie music with you!

https://www.facebook.com/intradacds/posts/1661351417411531

Latest Intrada titles going Out Of Print (On September 7th - my birthday!)

Alan Silvestri - Fandango

Jerry Goldsmith - Shock Treatment / Fate Is The Hunter

First clues for next week's title

We'll have one release, but featuring two straight LP programs. The first hasn't been issued on CD before and features a story of commandos on a critical WW II mission. The second has been on CD before, but not like this. Going back to the original multi-track elements for the album rerecording (which is different from the film recording), we discovered that not everything had been mixed in, even for the original LP. So hear now detail from this recording not hear before. Both scores hail from the 60s.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6819

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Intrada release:

INTRADA Presents

12006099_10153215979797169_2039801967942

CANDLESHOE
Composed and Conducted by RON GOODWIN
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 326

The 1977 Walt Disney film Candleshoe was one of four feature films Ron Goodwin scored for Disney in the ’70s, along with two TV movies. Ron Goodwin infused his score for Candleshoe with three distinct flavors: family comedy, warm sentiment and rousing action. The first provides animated drive, the second offers emotional weight and the third sets off dazzling orchestral fireworks. The Devon native was an obvious choice for a film shot in England, about English people, and his comedy chops were fine-tuned having been put to use on a string of comedies in the 1960s. Goodwin's scores features one of the most addictive main themes of any film, first introduced in the main titles, pumped out on trumpet and trombone in a syncopated meter over ’70s funk rhythms, accompanying protagonist Casey and her motley orphan crew as they roam the streets of downtown L.A. wreaking havoc.

All of the music Ron Goodwin recorded in London during April 1977 is being presented in this premiere CD release, mastered in vibrant stereo from the 1/4″ two track session mixes courtesy Walt Disney Pictures and the Ron Goodwin Estate.

Candleshoe was the second film in Disney’s deal with child actress Jodie Foster, who plays teen orphan Casey, running amok in the streets of urban Los Angeles until she’s literally purchased from her unfeeling foster parents by an English con man, Bundage. Bundage recognizes an opportunity to pass Casey off as the missing granddaughter of Lady St. Edmund (Helen Hayes), mistress of the English countryside estate of Candleshoe. Bundage’s motivation is the promise of an ancestral treasure buried somewhere on the grounds, and he grooms Casey to take in the old lady and root out the storied chest of Spanish doubloons.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 326
Retail Price: $19.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9740/.f

Ron Goodwin
Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume ISC 326
Date: 1977
Time: 47:40
Tracks: 30
Price: $19.99
Rousing, flavorful Walt Disney/Ron Goodwin soundtrack music arrives on CD at last! One of several pictures scored by Goodwin for Disney, Candleshoe offers music both comedic, dramatic. Jodie Foster, David Niven, Helen Hayes, Leo McKern headline terrific cast, Norman Tokar directs with flair. Candleshoe is English countryside estate replete with possible ancestral treasure. Hayes is owner Lady St. Edmund, Niven her loyal butler, Foster the American orphan staged by thieves to pose as missing granddaughter in order to locate treasure. Events funny, exciting, warmly sentimental all result.
Goodwin tackles all of them with his score. Energetic "Main Title" launches with brass line over striking major key rhythms. Other themes abound throughout score but two outstanding ideas based on harmonic vocabulary of main theme deserve spotlight. First is richly expressive string music in modal Vaughan Williams manner during "Casey Takes A Walk With Lady St. Edmund", opening portion of "End Title". Second is incredibly dynamic sword-fight action music for "The Big Fight At Candleshoe" with blazing brass, powerful rhythms, unfolding to similar modal harmonies. Results are widely varied orchestral scoring with unusual degree of coherency throughout.
Entire score appears on Intrada CD, presented from two-track stereo session masters recorded by Goodwin in April 1977 at Anvil Studios with Eric Tomlinson engineering, all courtesy Walt Disney Pictures and Ron Goodwin Estate. Goodwin scores lilting "Candleshoe Waltz" for both vintage phonograph-style chamber ensemble plus full orchestral statement, then melds portions of each as nostalgic scene between Hayes, Niven plays on screen. Film mix plays as track 14, complete separate versions appear later as extras.
Also included in extras are two additional alternate takes of "Main Title", two piano quotes of "Greensleeves" that figure prominently in first part of film plus one alternate take of lively "Market Day" sequence. Informative liner notes by Tim Greiving, colorful package design by Joe Sikoryak. Ron Goodwin conducts. Intrada Special Collection CD available while quantities and interest remain!
01. Main Titles (Retake) (3:30)
02. Casey Is Carried Off (0:56)
03. Bundage Reveals Plot (0:15)
04. Casey Arrives In London (0:44)
05. Bundage Writes A Letter/Casey Comes To Candleshoe* (1:45)
06. Tea With Lady St. Edmund (1:21)
07. Lady St. Edmund Welcomes Casey (0:46)
08. Casey Explores Candleshoe (1:29)
09. Lady St. Edmund Dismisses Gipping (0:31)
10. Casey Takes A Walk With Lady St. Edmund (2:18)
11. Casey Is Apprehended In The Library (1:19)
12. Casey Finds The First Clue (1:07)
13. A Fight In The Family (2:16)
14. Casey In The Churchyard (0:56)
15. Colonel Dennis At The Gallop (0:35)
16. Market Day (2:04)
17. Casey Gets Knocked Out (1:04)
18. Candleshoe Waltz (Film Mix) (0:43)
19. Catching The 12:20 Train (2:28)
20. The Big Fight At Candleshoe (6:07)
21. Bundage Comes Back For More* (0:54)
22. The Treasure Is Found (1:20)
23. End Title (1:41)
Total Time: 36:31
The Extras
24. Main Titles (Take 5)** (3:30)
25. Main Titles (Take 6)** (3:29)
26. Greensleeves No. 1 (Piano) (0:11)
27. Greensleeves No. 2 (Piano) (0:15)
28. Market Day (Take 2)** (2:04)
29. Candleshoe Waltz (Phonograph Version)* (0:42)
30. Candleshoe Waltz Orchestra Version)* (0:43)
Total Extras Time: 11:01
* = Includes Music Not Used In Film
** = Not Featured In Film

Oh hey! Looks like The Rocketeer is on Intrada's radar now!

Initially he wasn't interested, but that was before expansions like Clear and Present Danger. Presented with it he probably would have been okay. Still trying to work out the details on that one, but it's on the roadmap.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=73965#p73965

Oh hey! Looks like The Rocketeer is on Intrada's radar now!

Initially he wasn't interested, but that was before expansions like Clear and Present Danger. Presented with it he probably would have been okay. Still trying to work out the details on that one, but it's on the roadmap.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=73965#p73965

Very cool! Fingers crossed!

9/28/2015

With this Tuesday's newest release being pressed on 180 gram vinyl, Intrada happily (if not nostalgically) gets right back to its roots - so to speak. We have no less than four more premium vinyl releases in final production now and another handful in the works. It's by no means a suggestion that we're moving away from CDs, however. To the contrary, upcoming over the next few weeks as we usher our 30th anniversary celebration towards the end of the year are several major CD releases, including some of our biggest titles to date.

No one ever rests around here so while all this other stuff is going on, Regina and her minions have been keeping busy listing more one-of-a-kind titles for people looking for harder-to-find CDs. And in the background, we have more features being built into our website to make it your favorite destination for soundtrack entertainment.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6849

Bolding is mine.

Set aside money now, kids!

WILLOW & ROCKETEER would be my sentimental favourites. I can't really think of another Williams or Goldsmith (that isn't owned by Varése) i'm interested in complete form. Solid JNH's like HIDALGO probably would make my shopping cart, too.

Both the LP re-recording and the original film tracks of Jaws sound poor on their current CDs.

Jaws 2 has not been out in complete form ever before.

Both re-issues are no-brainers.

From what I've read, In publicist's view, if you listen to just the same old stuff over and over, you are an idiot, if you just buy stuff just to own it you are also an idiot.

Why do get so little of his complete scores from Intrada? Like none. A campaign for more visibility for his music is in order methinks.

From what I've read, In publicist's view, if you listen to just the same old stuff over and over, you are an idiot, if you just buy stuff just to own it you are also an idiot.

Well, he has a point.

Not just to own but to listen and to cherish and to obsess over!

It's a philosophical indissolubility. But no fanboy defensiveness required: never was there a more endless supply of complete and completer releases, with every blockbuster Williams in queue for at least three more rounds.

9/28/2015

With this Tuesday's newest release being pressed on 180 gram vinyl, Intrada happily (if not nostalgically) gets right back to its roots - so to speak. We have no less than four more premium vinyl releases in final production now and another handful in the works. It's by no means a suggestion that we're moving away from CDs, however. To the contrary, upcoming over the next few weeks as we usher our 30th anniversary celebration towards the end of the year are several major CD releases, including some of our biggest titles to date.

No one ever rests around here so while all this other stuff is going on, Regina and her minions have been keeping busy listing more one-of-a-kind titles for people looking for harder-to-find CDs. And in the background, we have more features being built into our website to make it your favorite destination for soundtrack entertainment.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6849

Bolding is mine.

Set aside money now, kids!

:w00t:

Well, he has a point.

Not just to own but to listen and to cherish and to obsess over!

Really, how many of us are honestly buying these Williams releases just to own out of some completest temptation. I would be willing to risk not nearly enough to think so condescendingly about it.

It's a philosophical indissolubility. But no fanboy defensiveness required: never was there a more endless supply of complete and completer releases, with every blockbuster Williams in queue for at least three more rounds.

Most of us like music. Get over yourself

• 2 weeks later...

First clues from Roger for Monday's titles

We might be announcing three titles on Monday, one shipping later next week and two the following. For now, I talk about the one coming next week. It was one of two titles we hoped to come out the week of of anniversary celebration, but approvals are so unpredictable. It's one of Doug's favorite scores. Interesting story on this one. We had done a straight reissue of the LP program previously and it sold out quickly. I was a little unhappy with how much noise reduction was used taking away some of the crispness, so since it sold out so quickly I thought this was a good chance to address that. Couldn't do anything about the reverb it was drowning in, but at least it would be back in print with better clarify. When we searched for the elements this time around we came up with something we didn't know about the first time -- the original 1/2" multitracks of the music selected for the LP. This is before it was mixed and mastered with so much reverb. Better still...there were three additional tracks that were apparently intended for the LP that had been cut from the LP master. No idea where the rest of the masters for the score are, but now there is one important new score cue we added plus two additional source cues, all in crisp, significantly less reverby sound. Some tracks were also truncated a bit and are restored to their full length.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6859

And for those who have stayed tuned we'll be announcing two more titles Monday evening that will ship sometime later the following week (I hope!). I know this is a little different than our usual routine but we adapt to the world around us. Clues...well, I'll use my other formula:
1 of 3 gets a refurbished new packaging job. What was once a 2-CD set geared towards collectors, this release features just disc one for the broader market. It was rebuilt from the ground up for this release, but it's the exact same program.
2 of 3 gets an entirely new facelift, featuring the complete score on 2-CDs, including alternates. It's about time!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=74051#p74051

Obvious clue is obvious!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drool::rock::rock2::woop::cheer::w00t: