The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

7 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Music by (among others) Kenneth Wannberg.

Interestingly curious.

Curiously interesting.

30 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Was that a joke or are you correcting my grammar (politely, no offense taken)?

Humour.

And it is curiously interesting too, that Ken Wannberg bit.

• 1 month later...

First clues for Tuesday's titles:

One features a score from the mid-90s. It had a 35 minute album at the time, now we've added another 30 minutes by a major composer. Not sure how to describe the film -- is it a drama? sci-fi? a mystical beast that defies description?

The second is vinyl issue of a previous releases probably not of interest to this audience!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7044

People in both the Intrada and FSM boards are saying it's probably Goldsmith's Powder, based on Roger's description of the film and the fact that they expanded the other two Hollywood Records OSTs by Jerry (Deep Rising and The Ghost and the Darkness)

10 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

An expansion of an old Varese release, perhaps? Weren't they king of the 30 minute albums in the 90s?

I got very, very excited when I first read the clue, however I then remembered the perpetuity thing.

Plus, adding 30 minutes to a 35 minute album is a relatively short score. I think most of the exciting stuff from that period is at least 90 minutes. Someone on FSM suggested Sphere, but again, the whole score is way longer than that.

On 25.03.2016 at 2:33 AM, Jay said:

People in both the Intrada and FSM boards are saying it's probably Goldsmith's Powder, based on Roger's description of the film and the fact that they expanded the other to Hollywood Records OSTs by Jerry (Deep Rising and The Ghost and the Darkness)

I would buy that.

Karol

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to mention that the code is 25OFF, during checkout. I know the feeling, Incancus! I was tempted to pick up a lot of older stuff I skipped, but kept to just The Lone Ranger and Edward Scissorhands.

First clues are up for Tuesday's new titles

One is a 2-CD featuring a completely restored and expanded version of an RCA release from the 60s. Fits in line with a couple of other titles we've done recently.

The second is a thriller from the mid 00s. 50 minutes of music recorded for the film, only 15 used in the film and 8 on the song album. Now you get the whole thing.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7067

The 60s title sounds like a another Otto Preminger film

The 00s title sounds like JNH's Collateral!

Sigh, sounds like no Ten Commandments for Passover then. I guess there's still the rest of the year for the 60th anniversary.

Yea I wonder what type of problems that is having with getting finished and approved and released.  They mentioned publicly they were working on it what, 3 years ago?  Plus who knows how long before then they started.  Damn!

1 hour ago, amh1219 said:

Sigh, sounds like no Ten Commandments for Passover then. I guess there's still the rest of the year for the 60th anniversary.

They passed over Ten Commandments.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

The 60s title sounds like a another Otto Preminger film

The 00s title sounds like JNH's Collateral!

Absolutely love Collateral! I wonder if it would include all the original music or just Howard's. 

10 hours ago, Jay said:

They mentioned publicly they were working on it what, 3 years ago?

So in this case, letting it be written is not letting it be done. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The score is great - in the movie. I had the old Varése from the 90's and apart from a few minutes or so, why would anyone like to listen to it?

17 minutes ago, publicist said:

The score is great - in the movie. I had the old Varése from the 90's and apart from a few minutes or so, why would anyone like to listen to it?

For a sort of ecstasy inducing self-flagellation I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...