The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Gee, what's the default guess gonna be when a label announces a new release of a classic score?

So glad that this is finally being released. Back in high school (you know, when CD's were new), I did an analysis of the piano arrangement of the theme. Seeing the uneven triplet figures altered the way that I looked at rhythm. It was one of those, "Oh, I didn't know you could do that," moments. It also led to my putting off beat triplet figures into my quiver, too.

I, too, would like to see a release of an expanded/complete score to The Abyss, but I'm not holding my breath. It's the Cameron film that has faded the most from the zeitgeist.

I, too, would like to see a release of an expanded/complete score to The Abyss, but I'm not holding my breath. It's the Cameron film that has faded the most from the zeitgeist.

I'd say that would be TRUE LIES. Or PIRANHA 2.

I hate Intrada. They release so many great scores, but in such quantity, that I never manage to purchase it. I don't buy scores when they are released, but only when I find them at reasonable prices. Their scores, however, disappear from the market almost right away and if they ever reapear, they cost fortune. Thus, I only have one score from them. Good, that at least this one is > 3000.

It's a business model. Intrada can't afford to produce more than 3000 sets because of licensing fees, nor they can they expect to make a profit on more than that many units.

I'll concede Piranha II (gotta love those Roger Corman films), but with Jamie Lee Curtis' dance, I'd disagree with True Lies.

I think the director's cut (especially as that coming when that was a relatively new mainstream event) helps it. This is also partly based on my personal bias of TRUE LIES being a terrible movie.

I wish Corman had been involved in P2. As such, it was a load of dodgy Italians and Egyptians instead.

Anyone else hear the sound clip for "Peabody Farm" on CD 2 of BTTF? I am so excited to hear this alternate version of the score! That cue sounds almost like from a horror film for a while there, haha. Thought I was listening to a cue from Alien or a scary bit from Mummy Returns, lol. Awesome.

I hate Intrada. They release so many great scores, but in such quantity, that I never manage to purchase it. I don't buy scores when they are released, but only when I find them at reasonable prices. Their scores, however, disappear from the market almost right away and if they ever reapear, they cost fortune. Thus, I only have one score from them. Good, that at least this one is > 3000.

It's a business model. Intrada can't afford to produce more than 3000 sets because of licensing fees, nor they can they expect to make a profit on more than that many units.

I hate that business model :blink:

I love whatever it takes to get these titles released. Even if I missed the limited scores that preceded the attention I pay to these labels, the ones I've bought since have more than made up for it.

Gee, what's the default guess gonna be when a label announces a new release of a classic score?

Star Trek V.

That's MY new unreleased holy grail.

I love whatever it takes to get these titles released. Even if I missed the limited scores that preceded the attention I pay to these labels, the ones I've bought since have more than made up for it.

Star Trek V.

That's MY new unreleased holy grail.

Good call. I guess mine would be that, or official release of complete TMP or NEMESIS. Or a bumper complete and perfect sound quality ROTJ.

BTTF... Ordered! Sweet! These past couple of years have been amazing with releases of some of my favorite scores. BTTF, Star Trek II, the Superman box, the (admittedly flawed but still treasured) Indiana Jones box... Keep 'em coming!

I agree on the Star Trek V as next holy grail. I can't think of another score off the top of my head that I'd want a complete/expanded release of. I'm sure there are several, but can't think of them. Oh, Star Trek III would be nice. Or The Rocketeer, love that score.

Well, Intrada is certainly on their toes! 11:44 AM and I got my order fulfillment email already!

What? No fair!

My e-mail history shows that both my limited ed. purchases took a week from ordering to shipping...

But I won't complain as I will be giving this up immediately to receive on Xmas day :blink:

official release of complete TMP or NEMESIS. Or a bumper complete and perfect sound quality ROTJ.

My feet don't get cold when I listen to TMP or Nemesis. I've listened to ROTJ so much that I don't listen to it much anymore, and the inferior sound doesn't bother me at all.

But when I try to warm up my feet on Star Trek V, I can't do it without hearing "I need my pain, I want my pain." That grates on me after a while.

Trek V is probably the best choice because a complete you-know-what hasn't surfaced yet, unlike the other Jerry Trek scores.

III deserves to be up there too, but we'll probably be getting that one sooner rather than later.

I guess from what someone posted on FSM that Roger had been working the last three years to get BTTF released. Quite a damn accomplishment. I even sent him a thank you message via Facebook and asked my thanks be extended to Doug and the rest of the Intrada team.

Regarding Star Trek III and V, ya I'm sure they'll come out eventually only time will tell.

BTTF has been my main holy grail for many years. Also according to some on FSM their copies have all ready shipped from Intrada.

Well, Intrada is certainly on their toes! 11:44 AM and I got my order fulfillment email already!

What? No fair!

My e-mail history shows that both my limited ed. purchases took a week from ordering to shipping...

But I won't complain as I will be giving this up immediately to receive on Xmas day :blink:

Does order fulfillment mean they received your order or they shipped it? Cause I received my order confirmation like a second after I clicked "Purchase."

What? No fair!

Does order fulfillment mean they received your order or they shipped it? Cause I received my order confirmation like a second after I clicked "Purchase."

I think fulfilled means shipped. I got a confirmation too but it's pending at the moment.

Wow this must be the fastest sell out for Intrada ever. According to Doug's corner, the first 3,000 of BTTF have been sold and it will be restocked in 2 weeks. So if you missed your chance this run, when it's re-stock grab it or you will regret it.

Since "In search of peace" impressed some people in this thread and it was sold out in Intrada, I've add it into my order in moviemusic.com before it totally sold out. I just hope the Lalaland next releases on 27th would not be anythings big. I'm out of budget right now.

Wow this must be the fastest sell out for Intrada ever. According to Doug's corner, the first 3,000 of BTTF have been sold and it will be restocked in 2 weeks. So if you missed your chance this run, when it's re-stock grab it or you will regret it.

Not suprised at all, a lot of people have been waiting for this.

Well, balls. But I guess it's okay since I was meaning to use it as a Christmas gift anyway.

This is only a minor setback. I will get this.

I leave the internet for a few days and this is what happens :)

I missed the first batch but went on Intrada and placed my order, so even if I have to wait a few more weeks it will be more than worth it. I was actually going to come here last night to check the release, but figured it wouldn't be anything that great so went out with some friends. Looks like I made the wrong decision.:( Oh well, I've waited 22 years, so I can certainly wait a couple of more weeks.

Hmmm, I ordered it a few hours ago and I the email I got doesn't say anything about having to wait for new stock...does this mean I managed to get one of the first 3000 copies?

Great great release!

Hmmm, I ordered it a few hours ago and I the email I got doesn't say anything about having to wait for new stock...does this mean I managed to get one of the first 3000 copies?

Great great release!

Probably not...you will most likely get a copy once they get restocked.

I would not say it is a huge surprise that this title sold out. Good of them to anticipate a fast sell out and prepare another batch so no one has to be without. :) It has been on so many soundtrack fan's wishlist forever. Even if I have no special love of this score I am very glad they got it done as it certainly deserved this kind of release :( Another holy grail unearthed, a piece of film score history preserved and offered to the fans.

And now Intrada bring on Hook Complete Score !!! ;)

For anyone who actually knows how these limited editions work financially, do they waive the reuse fees or give them a special reduced rate?

IOW, many albums now are 45 mins, as the label can't pay for any more minutes, so do they instead arrange to press only 3000 but at full length, so it's made affordable by limiting the pressing quantity, not length

I'm just trying to get an idea of what sort of the deal the highly annoying AFM is giving in return for limiting the quanitity.

Well for those who ordered from Movie Music, Peter said that he'll get his shipment on December 1st but pretty late. He'll start shipping on December 2nd and get done on December 3rd. So hopefully I'll have mine either by December 5th or December 7th. You bet ya when I get my copy that sucker is gonna get ripped right away onto my hard drive and put right onto my iPod and be listened to.

I don't listen to anything before I rip it, and when I rip it I rip to WAV because it's the fastest turnaround time to pop in the next disc.

My scratched disc 3 of the SW Anthology is a permanent reminder that a CD tray in your stereo can be your enemy.

If you get an email from Intrada saying your order has been fullfilled, it means it has been shipped to you.

For anyone who actually knows how these limited editions work financially, do they waive the reuse fees or give them a special reduced rate?

IOW, many albums now are 45 mins, as the label can't pay for any more minutes, so do they instead arrange to press only 3000 but at full length, so it's made affordable by limiting the pressing quantity, not length

I'm just trying to get an idea of what sort of the deal the highly annoying AFM is giving in return for limiting the quanitity.

For older scores I believe they get a special rate to press a set amount, which is usually 3000 in most cases. The running time won't matter, it just depends on what is available music wise or what the license covers. In some cases they can only re-issue the original LP because that's only what the studio will allow or that's all that is left, no masters can be found.

With current albums I believe the union fees are much higher than older scores.

I ordered my BTTF directly from Intrada in the evening on the 23rd, and I still haven't received a "fulfillment" email (only on order confirmation right after I placed it). I'm wondering if that means I was not one of the 3000, although no one seemed to know that it'd sold out until another 24 hours later.

Might depend how late in the evening you ordered or they mave still be in the process of packing and shipping the original 3000.

I ordered mine around 6:00pm as soon as I got home and saw it was the new release.

Go ahead and order it, they are getting more copies in in a week or so.

But don't delay because they are not telling how many more are being issued.

I ordered my BTTF directly from Intrada in the evening on the 23rd, and I still haven't received a "fulfillment" email (only on order confirmation right after I placed it). I'm wondering if that means I was not one of the 3000, although no one seemed to know that it'd sold out until another 24 hours later.

Same here, except I ordered mine around midday I believe.

Same here, except I ordered mine around midday I believe.

I ordered mine midday Tuesday, since I hadn't seen it was announced til then. My order from Intrada still says "pending fulfillment"... Guess I'll be waiting for the "back in stock in 2 weeks" batch. Sigh.

Mine says pending fulfillment also, but I'm fairly positive I made it into the first 3,000.

Hmm, I looked back to see my first post where I said I ordered it. The date and time is Yesterday 12:07 AM. What time was it announced on Monday? 8AM or PM?

Mine was 'fulfilled' 30 mins ago, which I guess means they're shipping it. Yay.

But yes, 3,000 CDs to package is a lot. They were clearly ready for this. Go hamsters!

I've also taken a listen thru the samples, and a certain unmentionable and I forgot how much nostalgically great music there is here. I can't wait!