• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intrada: Can we release expanded SW scores? Disney: No, we will do that ourselves. Intrada: That means they will get a release? Disney: No.

Really? IMHO that score is terrible in either form once you get past the main titles.  Could be my disdain for the movie itself tainting the soundtrack. 

Gosh I hope Willow is in the works, and coming soon!

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I think it's one of the worst scores of all time. Nothing was done right. No wonder this was Edelman's last score.

But it wasn't. Yes, he's been less prolific since this score, but just look at his IMDb composer credits:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006055/#composer

Varese released his score to The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor in 2008 (as well as 27 Dresses that year). Since then, they've also released his scores to Leap Year (in 2010...wow, 75 minutes of it! Seems like a lot for this kind of Edelman score) and The Boy Next Door (in 2015, co-composed by Nathan Barr).

Last year he scored the dog movie sequel Max 2, and IMDb does list an upcoming project for 2019, so he's not completely out of the game.

Personally I don't care much for Edelman outside of DragonHeart, which really does have some powerful parts (the humming chorus at the end in particular) amid all of the cheap-sounding synthy stuff. Other than that he's fine for 90 chick flicks and such (i.e. While You Were Sleeping) but his work just doesn't have a ton of depth...which is why I really dislike Gettysburg even though a lot of people seem to love it.

Yavar

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

But it wasn't. Yes, he's been less prolific since this score, but just look at his IMDb composer credits:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006055/#composer

Oh, in this case the German Wikipedia article wasn't properly updated.

BTW, does Intrada announce The Mummies Tuesday eve or spot-on midnight between Monday and Tuesday?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Intrada titles are announced at a random time between 4pm PDT and 5pm PDT.  I'll let you do your own timezone conversion.

7 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Very early on Tuesday morning our time. Probably a bit after 2am-ish in Germany. But I haven't stayed up for one of their releases (i.e. been really excited) for a while, so I don't know if that's still the case.

So it will be announced on Monday afternoon in America?

Because they don't start shipping until tomorrow morning.

They basically put their new release up once they are done shipping for the day on Monday afternoon.

That's why it's a random time between 4pm and 5pm to them locally.

For anyone still confused, the titles will simultaneous be announced go up for sale between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours from now, and begin shipping about 17 1/2 hours from now

13 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Well, we were wrong. Turns out it was Elmo in Grouchland by John Debney. I'll probably be the only one buying it.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11533/.f

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11534/.f

The Mummy Returns liner notes are written by Tim Greiving aka @Maestro, that's awesome!!!

Actually I just realised that putting these two 2-CD sets together with shipping easily gets to $80 or so. Suddenly a gift certificate for a few hundred $$s doesn't seem unreasonable. (I apologise for the tone I took in the LLL thread)

And the sound quality on these clips sounds amazing, certainly beyond the isolated score!

1 hour ago, kaseykockroach said:

Anaconda's a classic! Any movie that kills off Owen Wilson gets points in my book.

Well he tried to commit suicide some time ago so you two seem to have something in common after all. ;)

Anyway both mummies shipped.

Karol

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Owen Wilson is only worth a damn in Anderson movies.  Sorry Shanghai [fill-in-the-blank] fans

I don't understand how that can be when his humor is essentially the same in all of his movies. Whenever he teams up with Ben Stiller, he's comedic gold.

He was also the perfect Woody doppelgänger in Midnight In Paris.

Folks! Just a query about ordering from Intrada:, When you place an order at Intrada do you get an instant debit on your credit cards like it does on SAE and Varese and get an SMS of it on mobile of the said transaction. Or do you get a confirmation when they actually process and ship your package? 

1 hour ago, Amer said:

Folks! Just a query about ordering from Intrada:, When you place an order at Intrada do you get an instant debit on your credit cards like it does on SAE and Varese and get an SMS of it on mobile of the said transaction. Or do you get a confirmation when they actually process and ship your package? 

I don't know about SMS because it never happened to me with any of the above. But otherwise yes, and yes. You'll receive tracking information as well.

Karol

I'm logged in and on my cart page and it still says HTTP and Chrome is giving me a 'Not secure' alert.

On general web browsing, I'm fine with unsecured sites since not every friggin website deals in commerce and I don't believe in forcing every site owner to line the pockets of third party SSL suppliers. But on a sales site like Intrada, it really is a requirement.

And plugins is another headache. On my work website, we needed to install two SSL plugins just to qualify for Google's green security badge.

5 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

I'm logged in and on my cart page and it still says HTTP and Chrome is giving me a 'Not secure' alert.

On general web browsing, I'm fine with unsecured sites since not every friggin website deals in commerce and I don't believe in forcing every site owner to line the pockets of third party SSL suppliers. But on a sales site like Intrada, it really is a requirement.

And plugins is another headache. On my work website, we needed to install two SSL plugins just to qualify for Google's green security badge.

The storefront is normal HTTP.  As soon as you click "Proceed to Checkout" from your cart, it switches to their NetSuite e-commerce provider application, which is HTTPS.