The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

But yes, 3,000 CDs to package is a lot. They were clearly ready for this. Go hamsters!

Ya I agree they were definitely ready for this. All though I am sure they were surprised that the first 3,000 were sold out in such a short time.

I haven't gotten any notification from SAE yet, anyone else order from there or know when they're getting their stock? I ordered in the first hour or two so I know I got in on the first batch.

John- not worried, just curious. And impatient. :angry:

I haven't gotten any notification from SAE yet, anyone else order from there or know when they're getting their stock? I ordered in the first hour or two so I know I got in on the first batch.

No update on mine yet. I ordered a shitload of stuff though, so there are several title that could be delaying it I suppose.

I just hope it arrives before Christmas.

I don't know, but when the topic of long-in-the-works score releases came up, Roger said that The Monster Squad took 7 years, and a score that will be released next year will have taken 8. Interesting.

and I'm really glad I did if LaLa drops another bomb on us tomorrow. ;)

They did.

So were these the last releases from Intrada this year? Or are there still a month's worth next month to look forward to? ;)

I think next week's releases may be the last for the year. I think they shut down for a couple of weeks. I'm not a 100% sure though.

No update on mine yet. I ordered a shitload of stuff though, so there are several title that could be delaying it I suppose.

I just hope it arrives before Christmas.

I just realized that I might not get my copy of BTTF for Christmas...

Oh god, please no more!!!!! ;)

They will either have one more in December or wait until January / February of 2010. Usually they do it every 4 to 5 months.

So were these the last releases from Intrada this year? Or are there still a month's worth next month to look forward to? ;)

Actually it looks like Intrada will try to get two more dates in, Dec 7th and Dec 14th.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3074

I have a feeling one might be Delrue's The Black Stallion Returns, which they admitted they were doing.

Actually it looks like Intrada will try to get two more dates in, Dec 7th and Dec 14th.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3074

I have a feeling one might be Delrue's The Black Stallion Returns, which they admitted they were doing.

AHHHHH!!!!! Make it stop!!!! lol....I seriously hope it will be ones I can skip. If not I'll have to wait to pay for them in January which I know Peter (MovieMusic) will let me do.

I can only imagine what next year is gonna hold for us film score fans.

For the two December releases here's what's only said about them so far...

December 7th

Special Collection - 1500 Copies

Signature Edition - 1000 Copies

December 14th

Special Collection - 1200 Copies

Signature Edition - 1000 Copies

So most likely these are ones I can skip.

Generally low quantities are ones I won't be interested in. Like I said I'm going to be picky about getting Limited Editions from now on. Only getting scores for films I've seen.

How do low quantities mean you won't be interested?

I take that as a good sign. Many of my 'most wanted' probably don't have a large fanbase.

Well if I were to guess, I could see another film from Cannon's library involving a film with Chuck Norris, I would imagine at some time we will see Laurence Rosenthal's score to part I of the George Washington mini-series since they released Broughton's score to part 2. Also as I mentioned, Delerue's score to The Black Stallion Returns as well as a rumored release of a Charles Bernstein score, who's name escapes at the moment.

What are the chances of one of those Intradas being the Broughton?

Slim to none....actually R2 has been known to make mistakes...from time to time.

Did anyone else here get "In Search Of Peace" like I did (it sold out I think within 2 days of it being out, since there were only 1,000 copies). I finally got to listen to it and I was blown away! Powerful music, that is touching and thrilling throughout.

I ordered In Search of Peace, but I didn't get the email from SAE saying that it shipped. And lo, my account there still says Pending. My SAE purchases tend to come from Virginia, so I usually get the email saying that it shipped on the day that I receive it.

Based on Intrada's past performance, I'm expecting BTTF to arrive sometime this week.

Makes me wonder even more what the hell BSX do every day. From ordering my first CD from them, it took about 3 weeks before I got a dispatch e-mail and delivery is supposed to take another 3. That's six weeks to get a CD across the Atlantic.

I think the problem with BSX is that Mark Banning has too many irons in the fire. He's got too mnay things to do and not enough time to do them.

That appears to be the case IMHO.

I ordered In Search of Peace, but I didn't get the email from SAE saying that it shipped. And lo, my account there still says Pending. My SAE purchases tend to come from Virginia, so I usually get the email saying that it shipped on the day that I receive it.

Yeah, I checked my account last night and mine still says pending too. Hopefully I'll get it this week.

I might do a big order straight from LaLa if I do pick up Innerspace tomorrow. I'm trying to hang onto everything for Christmas, but according to the email announcement a lot of titles are going to be on sale for $9.98, including two I still need to get (Blazing Saddles and Farscape Vol. 3). That price could be too good to pass up.

I might do a big order straight from LaLa if I do pick up Innerspace tomorrow. I'm trying to hang onto everything for Christmas, but according to the email announcement a lot of titles are going to be on sale for $9.98, including two I still need to get (Blazing Saddles and Farscape Vol. 3). That price could be too good to pass up.

You still haven't bought Blazing Saddles??????

What's wrong with you????? ;)

But yeah, I think they are offering a deal tomorrow if you buy one of the 2 single titles you can get The Fugitive for $5.00 cheaper.

But yeah, I think they are offering a deal tomorrow if you buy one of the 2 single titles you can get The Fugitive[/i[ for $5.00 cheaper.

I saw the reduced prices. I'm thinking of getting Lost In Space or Hang 'Em High with The Fugitive. Didn't see the thing where The Fugitive is $5 cheaper though, might get Innerspace for that.

I think you have to buy The Fugitive with Innerspace to get the $5 discount on the more expensive set, and that's only through Lalaland itself. I read that at the FSM page that somebody linked me.

But if you were to buy them through Moviemusic with something else, you wouldn't get the $5 savings but you'd make up for it with $1 shipping on the whole shebang.

Well hopefully my order from MovieMusic will be shipped on Wednesday. I can't wait to own my copy in my hands. ;)

Oh and I do all my buying through Peter. Since most of the time the limited edition releases come out in the middle of the month, after my money has been spent for the month (on bills and other things). He allows me to purchase them when they're released then doesn't charge my card until I get paid at the beginning of the following month.

According to their Facebook page, SAE just received the Intradas this morning. I guess our orders should be shipping soon. I also ordered both BTTF and the Holdridge.

Actually, I consider myself lucky I even knew about the release in time to be one of the first 3000! :D I've never paid much attention to this thread or Intrada itself or any of the other small-but-awesome labels, but for whatever reason, I decided to check back to see what they were releasing this time. Good thing, too!

According to their Facebook page, SAE just received the Intradas this morning. I guess our orders should be shipping soon. I also ordered both BTTF and the Holdridge.

Good deal.

Actually, I consider myself lucky I even knew about the release in time to be one of the first 3000! ;) I've never paid much attention to this thread or Intrada itself or any of the other small-but-awesome labels, but for whatever reason, I decided to check back to see what they were releasing this time. Good thing, too!

Ignore at your peril :D

The only times I don't bother looking is if the clues make it clear I won't be interested (i.e. LP reissue, pre-80s, etc).

I'm going to feel like a big horse's ass if my BTTF shipment is delayed until the second shipment, because Intrada did carry The Red Canvas through their site, yet I bought it and both Intradas from SAE.