The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock..... :wub:

Actually no, that will come from FSM later this year, bringing Star Trek V: The Final Frontier with it. :D

That'd be s-w-e-e-t!

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock..... ;)

Actually no, that will come from FSM later this year, bringing Star Trek V: The Final Frontier with it. ;)

That'd be s-w-e-e-t!

Indeed it would! :D

I don't think Intrada will have a "huge" release amongst their titles this coming Monday.

But if we are going with labels and Star Trek, based on the rights I would bet this:

Intrada or Varese: Star Trek IV & VI (Both UMG)

LaLaLand: ST:TMP & ST V (Both Sony)

Star Trek III is with EMI, not sure but perhaps FSM.

I'm not sure that Generations would warrant an unlimited release. It has its fans, but mostly it would appeal to collectors who want a complete Star Trek score cycle.

I'm the most interested in V.

I could see the non Goldsmith / Horner scores getting a limited number but you never know.

Most people thought BTTF would be unlimited.

I'm not sure that Generations would warrant an unlimited release. It has its fans, but mostly it would appeal to collectors who want a complete Star Trek score cycle.

I'm the most interested in V.

That's true, I was just thinking of I - VI. I agree on V.

I wonder how much BTTF is limited too. I still need to order my copy.

I think BttF is straddling the limited/unlimited line. Intrada's said they're going to do everything they can to make sure everyone that wants a copy gets one, within a reasonable time frame.

I don't think Intrada will have a "huge" release amongst their titles this coming Monday.

But if we are going with labels and Star Trek, based on the rights I would bet this:

Intrada or Varese: Star Trek IV & VI (Both UMG)

LaLaLand: ST:TMP & ST V (Both Sony)

Star Trek III is with EMI, not sure but perhaps FSM.

Errrm Star Trek V is with Epic, not Sony check your CD label on that one. ;)

By the way this is what else Roger had to say about one of the releases.

Here's a clue to get you started on one of the releases:

A CD re-issue of a CD that was a reissue of a CD that was a reissue of an LP that was a reissue of an LP that was a reissue of an LP. But never from such great sounding and complete sources before. And assembled much better.

It sounds quite good for its age, but it could sound considerably better.

Of course, what would make the release perfect would be the addition of the suite performed by the LSO in 2001. But even if someone recorded that (which I doubt), I'm sure there would be some rights issues with that - not to mention that they don't usually put concert suite performances on these releases, and I'm the only one who's ever been crying for an official recording of that performance.

I'm confused, I was thinking about getting this from iTunes, there's an album with 30 tracks and the label is Sony. The price is about 7 dollars which is not bad at all. It seems to be the same release.

Here's Intrada's decription:

At last! World premiere release of Jerry Goldsmith's complete soundtrack, widely regarded as an all-time great. Intrada gains access to all original stereo mixes made at Shepperton Studios in London plus multi-track mixes made at 20th Century Fox, presents previously unreleased cues, correct takes & assemblies plus best stereo imaging to date. Previous releases were incomplete plus either processed sound to address hiss (reducing stereo image) or assembled with incorrect mixes (resulting in jarring edits). Intrada CD improves both, also presents first release of "The Balloon" (where Stachel takes initial assignment to shoot down observation balloon) plus introduces final "Exit Music" intended for roadshow presentations. Also hear "Love Theme" as composer intended for first time since 1966 Mainstream LP, with orchestral intro, coda plus composer's preferred assembly of "First Blood/First Victory" as he composed it.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6482/.f

Not another Jerry! I can't get them ALL!

My Sony copy suddenly became available.

Based on the price I should probably go the Sony-iTunes route, will this new release by Intrada force iTunes to remove the Sony version? Should I get it already in case they do?

Also, David Shire's The Hindenburg is down to less than 150 copies, for those who haven't grabbed it yet.

I had to have been somewhere between 10 and 12 years old, and I wasn't a Goldsmith fan yet, but I was watching TV one day, and The Blue Max came on, and the music began and I thought, "That sounds like Jerry Goldsmith." As I look back, I'm amazed at the distinctiveness of his sound, and at the fact that I was able to pick up on it. I still haven't seen the film in its entirety, between that experience, the clips, and the score's reputation, I had to pick this up.

Based on the price I should probably go the Sony-iTunes route, will this new release by Intrada force iTunes to remove the Sony version? Should I get it already in case they do?

If you read the Intrada description, they fixed a lot of the errors (a lot of wrong takes and such) that were wrong with the Sony release and it seems that the sound would probably be better than Sony's too.

The score sounds interesting but never seen the film, let alone heard of it.

Well, earlier in the thread Mark said the last release (I'm guessing the Sony one) sounded fine to him. So, I don't know $7 vs $20 plus shipping plus possible import tax, I would get a physical CD with the latter though, but in these tough economic times...

I ordered this - it comes from my favourite era of Goldsmith scores. I'm much more fond of his earlier work sans electronic embellishment, after only a year of really being a Goldsmith fan.

Goldsmith=cash cow.

I'm a mild Goldsmith collector, but this recent trend of re-re-re-issuing seems rather pointless to me.

I haven't heard the samples but i sincerely doubt that the improvement in sound quality is that huge. On the other hand, if people want to buy it (and a lot of them clearly are), who am i to complain?

I'm finding a great deal of enjoyment out of "discovering" Jerry Goldsmith. And I say this after listening to his scores for some 30 years now. With such a vast prolific career and an incredible range of sounds over the decades, there's always something new to discover and enjoy. I did blind purchases of One Little Indian, Lonely Are The Brave, and In Harm's Way, and have found wonderful enjoyment in each of them. I haven't been let down yet, so I ordered The Blue Max. Still gotta pick up Freud and Islands in the Stream. They're coming in too fast to keep up.

Just placed my order from www.moviemusic.com

Blue Max, Islands In the Stream, and Freud for $65.97 shipped. Gotta love www.moviemusic.com

Well, earlier in the thread Mark said the last release (I'm guessing the Sony one) sounded fine to him. So, I don't know $7 vs $20 plus shipping plus possible import tax, I would get a physical CD with the latter though, but in these tough economic times...

Diego, if cash is tight stick with the Sony on iTunes.

Blue Max, Islands In the Stream, and Freud for $65.97 shipped. Gotta love www.moviemusic.com

I wanted to buy my latest round of Goldsmith Goodness from them but they didn't have Alien in stock.

My Sony copy [of The Blue Max] suddenly became available.

I think mine did too.

I wanted to buy my latest round of Goldsmith Goodness from them but they didn't have Alien in stock.

Great choice, a superb score and CD release

I believe I obtained the music from Napster back in the day, and it never bothered me how incomplete it was or poor it sounded...until I put it onto my iPod. It sounds absolutely horrendous, and since I love that score, it was well past time to buy the complete version, and rip it in quality. And destroy the old version.

Diego, if cash is tight stick with the Sony on iTunes.

I think I'll do that, it's not exactly tight but I have been expending a lot on scores lately, and there's some upcoming stuff I'm interested in. The CD would probably end up close to $35 after shipping, taxes and whatever. I do like the 5 tracks I have from the 40 years of music CD, so I'll probably get the iTunes one soon.

I'm a mild Goldsmith collector, but this recent trend of re-re-re-issuing seems rather pointless to me.

It's great for those of us that weren't around to get it the previous times around.

I think I'm going to get this, but I want to wait a little to order so it doesn't arrive while I'm on vacation next week and sit im my mailbox for days.

John,

If you order through Movie Music you can ask Peter if he'll wait to send out the CD for you until after you get back from vacation and I'm pretty sure he'll do it. He's awesome like that.

Intrada has moved around 2000 copies of The Blue Max so far.

Now that means it's available at other outlets but you never know if that starts a buying panic.

I think 4 MB members were there, me, Hitch, Marian and you. anyone else?

I was there too, it would have been rude not to! I seem to remember a rather nifty wind machine in the kitchen department during The Blue Max.

:spiny:

I think 4 MB members were there, me, Hitch, Marian and you. anyone else?

Jim Ware was there, and several other FSM/MM.com guys.

http://jerrylondon2001.no-ip.org/

Ah by looking at the page I can see that Mr. Schedenig was the only ambassador of the austrian filmscore-branch. ;)

People saw the limited quantities and decided to snatch them up. I would imagine some hoarders grabbed copies to put on eBay as well.

That's what usually happens when low title amounts are listed by the labels.

People saw the limited quantities and decided to snatch them up. I would imagine some hoarders grabbed copies to put on eBay as well.

That's what usually happens when low title amounts are listed by the labels.

I see. I just can't image that they will go that quick. 50 copies yesterday and 50 more today? The Hindenburg was sold out! I thought every one who want it already had a copy, and they will last longer. I'll have to ask Peter if he still have some copies going to be in stock.

The Hindenburg is a release I could live without it. But the Mary Queen of Scots...... I already have the silver screen re-record. Besides, it's just a re-issue of the LP and not complete. I hope there will be a complete release some day but it is hard to say. Anyway, is the Mary Queen of Scots worth buying?