Not really “unheard” as Intrada released it (1500 copies I think) in 2002 at the very beginning of their Special Collection line almost two decades ago! And in those 18 years, it has become one of the most expensive Intrada releases on the secondhand market, going for $200-250 on Discogs, eBay, and Amazon Marketplace. A handful of folks at FSM have regularly been clamoring for a reissue because the original is so out of reach financially, so essentially this is Intrada saying “We Hear You”.

Dunno if I’ll rebuy it myself. It’s a good score though. Kinda wish I’d sold my old copy a while back when I was a poor student...

The Rosenthal score I really want Intrada to remaster (and expand if possible) is his The Bourne Identity. It is frickin’ awesome and out of print for much longer than Mussolini.

Yavar

9/6/2020

In the upcoming weeks we can happily say a number of long-stalled releases are all finally… well, un-stalled. Yep, now in manufacturing. And pretty exciting they be, too.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8541

Hope for Conan The Destroyer?  Jaws redone?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things they've mentioned are in the works but haven't come out yet...

Did they post online that Willow is coming?  I honestly can't remember

I found this, from December 2016

It's on our list for UMG and Disney. It'll happen someday.

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118173&forumID=1&archive=0

That doesn't really imply they ever actually got the license or the elements, let alone that it was close enough to coming out that it was finished on their end and just awaiting approvals...

Or do you think he mentioned Willow again, at a later date?

Well it's not much, but there's this from May 2018

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=79295#p79295

This one is definitely being reviewed, but a little tricky.

And it was talked about recently here

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=141253&forumID=1&archive=0

Just speculation on my part

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

Did they post online that Willow is coming?  I honestly can't remember

He did say earlier this year that it has been approved but there's lot of things to navigate.

Karol

While the evidence is flimsy, it shows that at some point it was being looked at.

Given some of the amazing Horner releases we've seen (Legends of the Fall, Apollo 13, An American Tail, Balto etc.) I would not be surprised to see Willow released at some point.

My wish (ant it is a wish, not a prediction) is that we get something like Sneakers, Feivel Goes West or The Perfect Storm on the Horner side.

There is so much in the Horner filmography that is worthy of release.

It is also possible we may be getting Conan The Destroyer, which has been worked on for a while, and absolutely deserves to be released.

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

He did say earlier this year that it has been approved but there's lot of things to navigate.

Karol

Are you sure about that claim?  Can you back it up with a link to where he said that?

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Are you sure about that claim?  Can you back it up with a link to where he said that?

Sure, I posted this on the previous page on the 27th of May:

Looks like the link is slightly wrong @Jay. It's on page 4 of that FSM thread. So that was the last update from 22nd of May this year.

Karol

Brilliant!  Thanks for that.  Here is the full quote

Willow, please!

I think I mentioned before that this was approved, but as with many things there's lots to navigate. So in time.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=1&threadID=140317&archive=0

That was from May 22, 2020.... so it's plausible it could be ready by the end of the year.  But him saying "in time" means to me he doesn't expect it too soon... who knows

So anyway, other than Willow, Conan The Destroyer, and a revised version of Jaws, what else has Intrada told us they are working on but hasn't come out yet?

It sold out even though it was marketed as "unlimited". So now they're bringing it back but they have to alter it in some way or something.

I dont know if this is in Intrada's territory or radar but I'd love to have THE LAND BEFORE TIME. James Horner's gorgeous epic score for this animated film is just stunnng. 

some parts of The Land Before Time just make me :crymore:

It's a tough one for me personally to listen to at times.  That movie was really something else when I was a kid.

4 hours ago, Bellosh said:

some parts of The Land Before Time just make me :crymore:

It's a tough one for me personally to listen to at times.  That movie was really something else when I was a kid.

The mother's death.😭

Land Before Time and An American Tail have some lovely animation at times, although I've never much cared for the Don Bluth style, and the score and songs are pretty good, but I wouldn't drop everything to watch the things.

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've never seen an animated film that Horner scored.  I guess I should rectify that

Do you know Balto score, Jay? It's great!

Karol

I've checked out the Intrada expansions of Balto and American Tail. I  couldn't get into them, which could stem from never having seen the films.

One day I'll revisit them

I just remembered another long-stalled release Intrada has mentioned - a collection of Disney Theme Park music by Bruce Broughton

7 hours ago, Jay said:

I've checked out the Intrada expansions of Balto and American Tail. I  couldn't get into them, which could stem from never having seen the films.

One day I'll revisit them

Viewing BALTO will help you better appreciate the score.

I'll probably get it eventually, but won't know for sure until we watch the thing.  Usually indifferent on the Newton Bros on album, but did really enjoy their Hill House one.

Interesting that Intrada got this one after LLL did the previous.

I have the Newton Bros' score to a horror movie called Hush, and it's mostly just ambient wandering, with a handful of highlights that drew my attention in the first place.

Bly Manor is already available digitally anyway.

Hush is great!  I tend to find that the Newton Bros stuff works very well/effectively in films, but on album not so much - it's a lot of droning-type support of scenes.  The Hill House album was a whole season of highlights condensed, and I think it's their best work to listen to outside of the film. 

I also love all of Flanagan's work, including the aforementioned 

On 10/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, mstrox said:

Hush is great!  I tend to find that the Newton Bros stuff works very well/effectively in films, but on album not so much - it's a lot of droning-type support of scenes.  The Hill House album was a whole season of highlights condensed, and I think it's their best work to listen to outside of the film. 

I also love all of Flanagan's work, including the aforementioned 

I find that most of this type of scoring could be achieved very easy just using some library music. Most typical horror/psychological scores like this aren't really adding much to the existing scoring world, IMO.

What I'm usually after, in true Thor-fashion, is the highlights, where the composer's actually come up with something interesting for the odd moment here and there. Of course, which moments those are, are unpredictable, so you want all (or most) of the music to start with.

There are certainly moments of highlights in their scores to Hush, Before I Wake, etc.  But a lot of their stuff is creeping dread, perhaps by a larger percentage than even other horror scores.  Still, works amazingly in those films - its primary use!