• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intrada: Can we release expanded SW scores? Disney: No, we will do that ourselves. Intrada: That means they will get a release? Disney: No.

Really? IMHO that score is terrible in either form once you get past the main titles.  Could be my disdain for the movie itself tainting the soundtrack. 

Gosh I hope Willow is in the works, and coming soon!

Roger just told us last week that Avatar is not possible for them to do until the post-2005 union fees thingy changes

MV any chance on a complete release for Horner's 2009 Avatar?

Intrada tried to release this a few years ago, but got rejected on account of it being too recent.

Correct...the project was cleared by both Fox and WMG, but the AFM policy doesn't allow for these collector release for anything recorded after August 2005. It's stalled a bunch of projects actually. If the policy changes we'll be able to proceed.

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=200&threadID=118900&archive=0

Plus, Horner wasn't on his composer list.

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

FWIW they recently said the AFM wouldn't grant an exception for Avatar, despite all other parties ticking it off.

Seems a bit silly on the part of the AFM, considering the sessions leaked and musicians got no benefit from that.

Feels like we need a voice from the AFM side to provide an argument for this issue. They can't surely be this stubborn without a good reason.

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Feels like we need a voice from the AFM side to provide an argument for this issue. They can't surely be this stubborn without a good reason.

Presumably any change to the policy requires a member vote, with a simple majority in favour of the change.

I don't understand why they won't set a quantity limit like the previous agreement (5000 units) to differentiate between smaller releases from boutique labels (who barely break even on their releases), vs usage of the music from studios/big labels who can afford the fees and reap much larger profits from digital/streaming platforms.

They need to pull their heads in. Anyone who cares enough to buy an Avatar expansion already acquired the sessions for free. Denying Intrada a waiver to produce a legitimate release only denies their members any recognition or financial benefit for their work. No label can afford these exorbitant fees, so all they've done is price themselves out of an incredibly niche market. It's utter madness.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Collecting LEGO is more expensive than collecting soundtracks?

Of course!

The sets are expensive, the boxes are large, and you need space to build, display, and play with the models. 

Thats why I exercise great restraint when buying sets. 

I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head who scored that one.   Good for Intrada that it sold well enough to get a second pressing

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head who scored that one.   Good for Intrada that it sold well enough to get a second pressing

Mr. Edward Shearmur!

Here's what Roger posted for those who don't want to have to click through to another website

Coming in March!

A little Saturday morning cheer as we work our way through an endless winter...

Coming March 9th: Straight re-issue of MCA lp, featuring Elmer Bernstein's playful and dramatic score:

Coming March 23: First time released in any form, Jerry Goldsmith's complete Face of a Fugitive!

On 2/22/2021 at 6:21 AM, Edmilson said:

If it's Willow or The Patriot, I'll be happy.

I predict THE PATRIOT, TIBET will be released this year.

Don't know the label.

I also predict PERFECT STORM and FIELD OF DREAMS.

I GUARANTEE we will see a DE of MATINEE.

I ....AM.....

THE PONER 😎

On 2/16/2021 at 1:23 PM, Jay said:

Who knew there was enough music recorded to need two discs!

There wasn't.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:42 AM, Marian Schedenig said:

The Hallelujah Trail!

Could be.....

On 2/9/2021 at 3:47 AM, crocodile said:

I suppose they stopped because people get overexcited and then tend to bash whatever actually comes out for no reason.

Karol

NO reason.

?

😉