The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

😱😱😱

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.16/category.66697/.f

Monsignor less than 225 units remaining!!

The River less than 325 units remaining!!

Get them now before they’re gone!!!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Permanent Waves said:

That is a great re-recording. Introduced me to Miklós Rózsa and made me a fan. Nice to see it back in print. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

THE INTRADA SHIPPING DEPARTMENT WILL BE CLOSED SEPT 2 - SEPT 7.
Orders can still be placed during this time and we'll get to them when we return.

Source: http://store.intrada.com/

I wonder if that means there won't be a new title on Sep 7?

They've consistently had a new Tuesday title every-other-week since May

1. Jan 12 - Psycho III
  2. Jan 26 - none 
  3. Feb 9 - none
  4. Feb 23 - Flight of the Phoenix
  5. Mar 9 - Legal Eagles
  6. Mar 23 - Face of a Fugitive
  7. Apr 6 - Company Business
  8. Apr 20 - none
  9. May 4 - Rio Conchos
  10. May 18 - Deepstar 6
  11. Jun 1 - Shamus
  12. Jun 15 - The Public Eye
  13. Jun 29 - Call of the Wild
  14. Jul 13 - Extreme Prejudice
  15. Jul 27 - Sleepy Hollow
  16. Aug 10 - The Eiger Sanction
  17. Aug 24 - Julius Caesar
  18. Sep 7 - ???
  19. Sep 21 - ???

It's also interesting to note that out of Roger's January list of composers:

"Well nothing is predictable, but we're hoping for more stuff by DeVol, Kamen, Goldsmith, Eflman, Williams, Goldsmith, Bernstein, Folk, Goldsmith, Poledouris, Zimmer. But who knows...things change rapidly!"

We still don't know what the Poledouris or the Zimmer is (the Folk is Toy Soldiers, which also hasn't been announced yet)

Only the store is going to closed because Jeff Johnson is going to take a much deserved break. I don't think the new title announcement will be impacted. 

Sure but typically they go up for sale Monday evenings, and begin shipping the following morning.  In this case, they are not shipping that Tuesday, so if it still goes up Monday evening, it'll have to indicate it won't start shipping until Wednesday, I suppose

37 minutes ago, Jay said:

We still don't know what the Poledouris or the Zimmer is (the Folk is Toy Soldiers, which also hasn't been announced yet)

Ooh, I forgot about the upcoming Zimmer! If they felt like doing Gladiator, this would end up as the personal greatest period of releases in history :P 

Would The Rock be another 4-CD job? I'm thinking it's a long score, plus lots of alternates, plus the OST.

I categorically do not need the entire score, but could easily make an alternative OST.

There's no reason to include The Rock's album program IMO

The whole score easily fits on two discs - it's not a long score and there is not a lot of alts

1. Main Titles (3:49)
  2. Hummel Gets The Rockets (4:17)
  3. Stanley Disarms The Bomb (2:26)
  4. Carla Proposes (0:18)
  5. Alcatraz Takeover (3:29)
  6. Hummel's Speech (2:25)
  7. Hummel's Demands (1:23)
  8. Stanley and Carla (0:46)
  9. He Does Exist (1:23)
  10. FBI Arrival (1:16)
  11. Paxton Briefs Mason (1:02)
  12. The Quarter (0:40)
  13. Mason Breaks The Mirror (2:05)
  14. Mason Prepares His Escape (0:18)
  15. San Francisco Chase (8:05)
  16. Stanley Tails Jade (0:49)
  17. Mason Meets Jade (1:59)
  18. Mason's Blueprint (1:07)
  19. The Mission (7:13)
  20. The Furnace (1:12)
  21. Welcome To The Rock (3:28)
  22. Shower Room Massacre (4:52)
  23. Hummel Mourns (0:49)
  24. Bombs Away (3:42)
  25. Into The Morgue (1:46)
  26. Close On The Morgue (2:15)
  27. Tunnel Fight (4:10)
  28. Mason's Walk (5:34)
  29. Thermite Plasma (0:52)
  30. The Final Hour (4:08)
  31. Rocket Away (1:53)
  32. Air Strike Approved (2:00)
  33. Mutiny (5:26)
  34. The Last Rocket (3:08)
  35. Goodspeed and Frye Fight (2:27)
  36. Green Smoke (5:32)
  37. Fort Walton (1:40)

38. The Mission (Insert) (1:56)
  39. Welcome To The Rock (Alternate) (1:37)
  40. Green Smoke (Alternate) (3:25)

TOTAL TIME - 1:47:07

The Rock, Gladiator and PoCs are the only expansions that I really want. It would be nutts to have one of those although I know Dead Man's Chest and At World's End are probably out of the table.

Fingers crossed for The Rock then...

42 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

It would be nutts to have one of those although I know Dead Man's Chest and At World's End are probably out of the table.

Why are they off the table? World's End is possibly my favorite Zimmer score EVER. Although the tracks Jack Sparrow and The Kraken from Dead Man's Chest were amazing all by themselves.

25 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

Why are they off the table? World's End is possibly my favorite Zimmer score EVER. Although the tracks Jack Sparrow and The Kraken from Dead Man's Chest were amazing all by themselves.

Well apart if Disney really want to do them back I don't see how it could happen they're both post 2005 :crymore:

It's any scored recorded by the AFM, which is mostly, but not exclusively, LA recordings. 

But yea anything recorded in England like Solo or the HTTYD trilogy isn't affected

28 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Ooh, count me in for POTC1 or 3. Also, not everything post-2005 comes with fees, only things recorded in LA, right?

Yeah, but all the Pirates scores were recorded in LA by the Hollywood Studio Symphony, as was The Last Samurai. On the other hand, King Arthur and Batman Begins were recorded in London, so maybe it's easier to expand those scores?

Of course, that's considering Zimmer has any interest in expansions. I read before that he prefers his scores as they were presented in the OST.

15 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Of course, that's considering Zimmer has any interest in expansions. I read before that he prefers his scores as they were presented in the OST.

And it's really a shame because the OST of PotC2 isn't at all representative of the score. I always thought it was the weakiest one until I listen to it in its complete form.

I hope one day Zimmer will change his mind on that matter.

9 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

And it's really a shame because the OST of PotC2 isn't at all representative of the score.

Yeah, not only the Pirates 2 OST doesn't include a lot of great cues, but it also has those terrible remixes. I don't know what Zimmer was thinking when he included that, perhaps he thought it would make teenagers listen to his music?

The Bernstein Ava Collection released in 2014 is only available for 7 more days

LOW QUANTITY ALERT!
Less than 100 remaining!

AVAILABLE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 7 OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8567/.f

• 3 weeks later...

According to Roger:

Next release is 10/5.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=84376#p84376

That means their 2021 slate looks like this:

1. Jan 12 - Psycho III (Carter Burwell)
  2. Jan 26 - none 
  3. Feb 9 - none
  4. Feb 23 - Flight of the Phoenix (Frank DeVol)
  5. Mar 9 - Legal Eagles (Elmer Bernstein)
  6. Mar 23 - Face of a Fugitive (Jerry Goldsmith)
  7. Apr 6 - Company Business (Michael Kamen)
  8. Apr 20 - none
  9. May 4 - Rio Conchos (Jerry Goldsmith)
  10. May 18 - Deepstar 6 (Harry Manfredini)
  11. Jun 1 - Shamus (Jerry Goldsmith)
  12. Jun 15 - The Public Eye (Jerry Goldsmith)
  13. Jun 29 - Call of the Wild (John Powell)
  14. Jul 13 - Extreme Prejudice (Jerry Goldsmith)
  15. Jul 27 - Sleepy Hollow (Danny Elfman)
  16. Aug 10 - The Eiger Sanction (John Williams)
  17. Aug 24 - Julius Caesar (Miklos Rozsa)
  18. Sep 7 - none
  19. Sep 21 - none
  20. Oct 5 - Unknown Title #1
  21. Oct 19 - Unknown Title #2
  22. Nov 2 - Unknown Title #3
  23. Nov 16 - Unknown Title #4
  24. Nov 30 - Unknown Title #5
  25. Dec 14 - Unknown Title #6
  26. Dec 28 - Unknown Title #7

Titles from three composers mentioned by Roger in January - Zimmer, Poledouris, and Folk - are hopefully still planned to fill 3 of those 7 remaining slots for 2021.

Looks like the next Intrada release is TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD paired with WALK ON THE WILD SIDE. Just revealed by Roger Figelson on the FSM Board. 

Basically, I think its the AVA Recordings set being reissued in piecemeal. The set itself is now sold out.

(Intrada had previously come close to releasing the original film recording of MOCKINGBIRD years ago only to get the release canceled when an approval was denied by a producer of the film)

Timely conversation because our next release is a reissue of the Ava Mockingbird paired with Walk on the Wild Side on a single disc. But I wouldn't put that in print and I'll deny it if anyone says I said anything.

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=145213&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=870#bottom

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY SHIT.  The original film recordings?!

OMG TAKE ALL MY MONEY INTRADA

To Kill a Mockingbird is my #1 favorite non-Williams film score of all time.

Nevermind, it is not the original film recordings?  :(  I got so excited for nothing.

Yes, but the AVA Collection is OOP now and they wanted to keep these two great albums in print.

Intrada was on the verge of premiering the original film recording of To Kill A Mockingbird years ago (I think they’d even mastered it, and maybe had liner notes written!) as part of their Universal Classics line at the time. Alas, some producer’s estate which somehow had say over it put the kibosh on their release at the last minute! Let’s hoping the original film recording (the only one with John Williams himself on piano!) can still be premiered someday…

But for now, anyone who doesn’t have this great AVA album (the most faithful to the film recording, even though no Williams) needs to add it to their collections.

Yavar

3 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Yes, but the AVA Collection is OOP now and they wanted to keep these two great albums in print.

Sure and that's good. Doubly so, because those who want them can get them and because I already have them. ;) 

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

HOLY SHIT.  The original film recordings?!

OMG TAKE ALL MY MONEY INTRADA

To Kill a Mockingbird is my #1 favorite non-Williams film score of all time.

Nevermind, it is not the original film recordings?  :(  I got so excited for nothing.

LOL. You didn't even read my post on Sep 18th a few posts above which clearly indicated that it was this set? 

5 hours ago, Amer said:

LOL. You didn't even read my post on Sep 18th a few posts above which clearly indicated that it was this set? 

Wish that I had!  I hadn’t been keeping up with the thread so I just saw Jay’s and let myself get carried away.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably the largest and most priciest lot that I've gotten from any label so far, given I'm used to only getting one score and often on discount. Two of these gave me a bit of a hassle to rip, presumably thanks to disc drive quirks. Had to essentially rip Eiger and RH twice as a result of one disc from each giving issues from whatever drive I used (the former on my PC, the latter on an old Mac Mini). Certainly nothing compared to the prior issues two of those releases have had, but it's funny how that happened.

Q5kiSh4.jpg

transparent.gif

Update from Doug: (Recording sessions have wrapped!)

10/19/2021

Treats for Jerry Goldsmith fans. Two of them! Our recording sessions with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra in Glasgow went beautifully. Simply awesome! Coming up ahead you’ll be able to enjoy listening (at last!) to Goldsmith’s very first feature film score, complete in a world class performance. Black Patch turns out to be a much more involved and varied score than the 1957 film soundtrack, often buried under dialog and sound effects, suggests. Standing on its own, the architecture reveals the structural genius Goldsmith applied to his dramatic music, right from the first bar. Speaking of which, here’s a really cool delight: the Warner Bros. film opens with a brooding b&w outdoor shot and Goldsmith’s score begins in a very low key manner. That’s what we all have known and become used to. But he actually scored a powerful opening fanfare for orchestra that he titled “Warner Bros. Presents” (1m1) to accompany the opening image. This has never been heard before and it makes for a sensational opener to the score, introducing one of his key themes right off the bat. Wow! And then there’s that crucial love theme, heard in its lengthiest treatment during “Love Reunited Part 2” (3m1) which is one of the composer’s most haunting. And for those fans wondering about that piece of saloon music that plays under the opening credits, yes, it is by Goldsmith and is titled “Player Piano (Main Titles)” (1m3). And yes again, we are including it. A particular treat is hearing the complexities and ferocious writing in Goldsmith’s very first action cue for a movie: “The Fight” (5m1) with numerous devices that became signatures, including mixed-meter rhythms, staccato snare drums and zigzagging bars of full orchestra excitement.

Ahhhh… on to that second treat. And what a treat! 1972’s The Man, starring James Earl Jones and written by Rod Serling, opens with one of Goldsmith’s most arresting and declamatory cues of his entire career. Called “Douglass Dilman (Main Titles)”, Goldsmith wrote this prelude in a soaring, stentorian vernacular that would have made Aaron Copland proud. Fortissimo brass and percussion in the lead! And for anyone familiar with Goldsmith’s magnificent “The Monument” from Logan’s Run (1976), revel in the gestation of that piece in this score’s “The Lincoln Memorial”, illuminating the same stirring images! And following that music is “The Oval Office’, with imposing music framing all of the portraits of past presidents. What a score!

Both scores will be presented complete, in terrific readings by the orchestra under maestro William T. Stromberg. Using the composer’s actual original scores which survived intact, supervised by Leigh Phillips, who also masterfully reconstructed The Man, everything was recorded and mixed by ace scoring engineer Simon Rhodes, the extraordinary audio wizard behind so many classic James Horner scores as well as our own Dial M For Murder recording. We’ll keep everyone posted as this fabulous release is readied for release. As they say… stay tuned!

https://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

I wonder when we'll get news about their final 5 release weeks of the year, and if we'll get the Zimmer, Poledouris, and Folk titles Roger teased in January -- or if those are delayed to 2022

1. Jan 12 - Psycho III (Carter Burwell)
  2. Jan 26 - none 
  3. Feb 9 - none
  4. Feb 23 - Flight of the Phoenix (Frank DeVol)
  5. Mar 9 - Legal Eagles (Elmer Bernstein)
  6. Mar 23 - Face of a Fugitive (Jerry Goldsmith)
  7. Apr 6 - Company Business (Michael Kamen)
  8. Apr 20 - none
  9. May 4 - Rio Conchos (Jerry Goldsmith)
  10. May 18 - Deepstar 6 (Harry Manfredini)
  11. Jun 1 - Shamus (Jerry Goldsmith)
  12. Jun 15 - The Public Eye (Jerry Goldsmith)
  13. Jun 29 - Call of the Wild (John Powell)
  14. Jul 13 - Extreme Prejudice (Jerry Goldsmith)
  15. Jul 27 - Sleepy Hollow (Danny Elfman)
  16. Aug 10 - The Eiger Sanction (John Williams)
  17. Aug 24 - Julius Caesar (Miklos Rozsa)
  18. Sep 7 - none
  19. Sep 21 - none
  20. Oct 5 - To Kill A Mockingbird / Walk On The Wild Side (Elmer Bernstein)
  21. Oct 19 - none
  22. Nov 2 - ???
  23. Nov 16 - ???
  24. Nov 30 - ???
  25. Dec 14 - ???
  26. Dec 28 - ???