The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

• 2 weeks later...

In January 2021 Roger provided a list of composers for titles they were planning on releasing in 2021 that was also 11 composers long!  That list was "DeVol, Kamen, Goldsmith, Eflman, Williams, Goldsmith, Bernstein, Folk, Goldsmith, Poledouris, Zimmer"

Only 9 of those 11 titles came out in 2021:

1. DeVol - Flight of the Phoenix
  2. Kamen - Company Business
  3. Goldsmith - Face of a Fugitive
  4. Elfman - Sleepy Hollow
  5. Williams - Eiger Sanction
  6. Goldsmith - Rio Conchos
  7. Bernstein - Legal Eagles
  8. Folk - Toy Soldiers
  9. Goldsmith - Shamus
  10. Poledouris - NEVER CAME OUT
  11. Zimmer - NEVER CAME OUT

9 additional titles joined their 2021 lineup that were not on Roger's initial list:

1. Burwell - Psycho 3
  2. Manfredini - Deepstar 6
  3. Goldsmith - The Public Eye
  4. Powell - Call of the Wild
  5. Goldsmith - Extreme Prejudice
  6. Rozsa - Julius Caeaser
  7. Bernstein - To Kill A Mockingbird / Walk On The Wild Side
  8. Goldsmith - Masada
  9. Debney - Clifford

Does Poledouris re-appearing on the 2022 list after not coming out in 2021 mean it was just delayed a year, or is this a different title? 

Does Zimmer appearing on the 2021 list but not the 2022 list mean that title was canceled?

Does Bruce Broughton not appearing on the list mean the years-in-the-making theme park music album is not planned to come out this year?

Anyway, the 2022 list looks amazing!!  Can't wait to see what all the titles are, and it's really bice to see SIlvestri on there!

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

So while it's good to see Poledouris on the 2022 list after it missed 2021, the fact that Zimmer is not on the 2022 least means whatever they were intended to release in 2021 got completely canceled.  Bummer!

Well hang on, he says '(partial)' and 'hopefully more'.

And that assumes that he's talking about what was planned for 2022, and not stuff from 2021 that didn't get out yet. I think based on this latest quote, there's no reason to think anything's cancelled.

The only names I want to see are the tv composers from Universal Studios in.the Seventies...

Goldenberg

Grusin

Melle

etc.

Or...Contemporary scores that never were released on CD by names like Mosseri .

, Gorannson

JNH...Djawadi

I'd rather they focused on scores that aren't available at all, rather than using their resources to just press an existing release to CD, considering that an unknown, but extremely high percentage of score releases are now digital-only.

19 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Well hang on, he says '(partial)' and 'hopefully more'.

And that assumes that he's talking about what was planned for 2022, and not stuff from 2021 that didn't get out yet. I think based on this latest quote, there's no reason to think anything's cancelled.

Ah yes, good point.  I fixed my post.

Willow and Fievel Goes West are the most likely candidates for two of them, I'd say.  I have no idea what's most likely for the third.

It's worth pointing out that Goldsmith was listed 3 times on Roger's 2021 list, and they ended up releasing SIX Goldsmith titles in 2021!

14 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Perhaps the Williams title will be SpaceCamp since they provided the OST previously?  

Since no specialty label has been able to release anything licensed from Sony Music since The Thin Red Line almost 3 years ago now, I don't think it's likely that SpaceCamp is in the works, nor that it would be high on the list of all the scores that Sony Music controls that the labels would want to work on

Hmm then again, Mondo was able to license Hook, so maybe Sony Music is playing nice again?

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Since no specialty label has been able to release anything licensed from Sony Music since The Thin Red Line almost 3 years ago now

Intrada released Legends of the Fall last year. That's a Sony title, just not one on the FSM list you wrote. 

Oh snap, I completely forgot that was a Sony Music title.  Sony Music is open for business again for sure then... awesome!

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm mostly curious about what the Silvestri could be!

ROGER RABBIT is  due for another go- round. ;)

Have ALL his MARVEL

scores been released on CD?

Has Horner's DEADLY BLESSING ever had a legit release?

16 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Have ALL his MARVEL

scores been released on CD?

Yea

16 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Has Horner's DEADLY BLESSING ever had a legit release?

No

Maybe after the labels get their Goldsmith year and their Horner year out of their systems, they’ll move on to something I care about.  Give me a year bursting at the seams with Elfman or Williams for god sakes

5 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

The only names I want to see are the tv composers from Universal Studios in.the Seventies...

Goldenberg

Grusin

Melle

and of course GOLDSMITH! :D

Main and End Titles from a 70s Universal TV movie score I’d just love to have premiered at last! (And Intrada does seem to really care about Goldsmith premieres…) And someone had once posted a highlight cue from the middle of the movie but I can’t find it on YouTube now.

Who’s with me? By the way this TV movie stars Eli Wallach and William Shatner (just 5 years before Star Trek: The Motion Picture and 15 years before he as director brought Jerry back to the franchise for Star Trek V: The Final Frontier!)

Yavar

The John Williams could also be Cinderella Liberty, after all they released a first incomplete presentation and John Williams seems to care a lot about it after the recent rearrangement.

As for Horner it's great news, fingers crossed for Willow, Sneakers (for its 30th anniversary) and Jumanji (although I know this one is unlikely to come up)

For Horner, the aforementioned Universal connection seems very likely (Tail, Sneakers, We're Back, hopefully not Dad). Though Zorro and The Perfect Storm feature higher on my wishlist, and Willow goes without saying. 

Likewise one of JNH's best, Hidalgo, should finally come out.

10 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm mostly curious about what the Silvestri could be!

Hopefully something unreleased like:

Flight

Maniac at Large

Two Soldiers

Showtime

Fools Rush In

Long Kiss Goodnight

Sgt. Bilko

Super Mario Bros.

Cop and a Half

Sidekicks

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot

Etc.

I reckon the Williams will be BotFoJ.

12 hours ago, mstrox said:

Maybe after the labels get their Goldsmith year and their Horner year out of their systems, they’ll move on to something I care about.  Give me a year bursting at the seams with Elfman or Williams for god sakes

Mike mentioned in the past they don't like to "overload" Williams with too many titles at once, but 4 releases this year is actually pretty good (granted, Always would've been approved in 2019... a year which saw 6 scores expanded!)

Would love to see another 6 release year like 2018/2019, especially for his 90th birthday... :w00t: Hopefully I'm not asking too much :P

I guess JW will be particularly busy next year with Indy scoring sessions and concerts anyway.

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think 2022 will be the year with the most amount of Williams releases in it, ever

Riiight. The flood is coming.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

The 6 Star Wars demasters, Sony Conductor box, and Solo OST album from the major labels, and Dracula, Cowboys, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Harry Potter 1/2/3, and Land of the Giants from the specialty labels.

I'm not sure if there's anything left, to release.

On 06/12/2021 at 3:56 PM, bruce marshall said:

I know nothing about TOY SOLDIERS.

But, the presentation looks listener friendly so I will check it out.

Watched the film.

I can understand why the score is popular. It's a big adventure score in the JW, JG mold.

Strong themes.

If I liked the film I might have bought it.

Enjoy!

14 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But you think 2022 will top 2018?

Of course Disney will release the expanded demaster of Star Wars this time in a gorgeous presentation, slightly inferior to TPM Ultimate Edition though...

1 hour ago, Groovygoth666 said:

The 2018 Star Wars Remastered soundtracks released by Disney, more info here - 

I know about these releases, but "Demaster" is clearly some sarcastic term I'm not aware of. 

1 hour ago, bruce marshall said:

Believe me, you don't want to know.

You.

Don't.

Want.

To.

Know!

But. I. Really. Do. Want. To. Know.