The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

The Intrada sale has begun.

Not really a sale, with not so many titles, but whatever. I'll pick up the Treasure Of The Four Crowns by Morricone. I was going to add it to my next SAE batch, but now I don't have to :lol:

I recommend that those who have not picked up the Williams titles do so now.

Ordered The Blue and the Gray, First Olympics, Jungle all the way and Monsignor. These titles I planned to buy within this month or the nest, so a sale would be just good timing.

I picked up How to Steal a Million when it cost about $25 so this is a steal. You'd be getting three (short) scores for that price. They're nice light jazzy listens, from a mostly unfamiliar era in JW's library.

Looking at Hedji's list, I do enjoy Hellfighters more than I thought I would.

I'm tempted to get Species but won't. I must learn control.

Me too, brother. I gotta be careful because I'm planning on Spartacus and most likely the imminent Summer goodness from LLL and FSM (Poltergeist?) in the coming weeks.

My list is already mental. I only recently got round to buying BTTF and The Goonies. The Edge is there, Star Trek: DE if it doesn't sell out, The Spiral Road, Rocky IV, Black Sunday, and that only scratches the surface. Yikes.

Yep, I put off the Edge also. Still haven't gotten Islands in the Stream. I'm guilty putting off purchases if edition sizes are comfortably large.

Does anyone else recommend How to Steal a Million? It's the only score in the sale I'm considering buying.

It depends. Do you like any of JW's stuff from the 60s? If so, you should like How to Steal a Million. If you're unfamiliar with his output from that decade, Steal a Million and Guide for the Married Man (along with Lost in Space) are the perfect introduction.

Does anyone else recommend How to Steal a Million? It's the only score in the sale I'm considering buying.

It depends. Do you like any of JW's stuff from the 60s? If so, you should like How to Steal a Million. If you're unfamiliar with his output from that decade, Steal a Million and Guide for the Married Man (along with Lost in Space) are the perfect introduction.

Penelope (FSM) is another fun score, plus the damn title song is catchy.

I got:

The Blue and the Gray

Comes a Horseman

Desire Under the Elms

Hellfighters

Wait until you hear the sound on the Hellfighters. At times it sounds like it could have been recorded recently.

I'm tempted to get Species but won't. I must learn control.

It's a great score though. My favourite by Young. And one of my favourite tracks on the Intrada release never was on the promo.

Luckily there's nothing of interest in this sale for me which I don't already have. Hoping Mr. Atlas lasts until the upcoming big Varese announcement.

I get paid tomorrow. Hopefully I will still be able to get a hold of HTSAM/Bachelor Flat, Monsignor, and First Olympics.

Hey Wojo tried sending you a PM in regards to Species. Says you're no longer able to receive messages...your in box maybe full.

Indeed it was. I saved a bunch of links and useful stuff to a text file, and ended up deleting most of the remaining one-sided conversations.

First clue for July 6th release:

Okay, just back from a long trip to Israel and what happens while I'm gone? Varese releases SPARTACUS. Imagine that!

There will be one Special Collection release next week. Limited to 1500 units. I'll have to think about a clue. Or a clip or something. Still trying to adjust to life in the real world.

I jest of course. But I did spend more on the Intrada sale than I had planned. That alone is making me put off Spartacus.

Update to Intrada per Doug and Roger.

2 titles, a 70's title at 1500 units from one their most popular composers and a 2 disc Signature edition at 1000 copies from a lavish 80's production.

Update to Intrada per Doug and Roger.

2 titles, a 70's title at 1500 units from one their most popular composers and a 2 disc Signature edition at 1000 copies from a lavish 80's production.

Family Plot...

Perhaps that one is more limited because of cost for extensive restoration work or something following the Universal fire. Or maybe I'm way too hopeful.

1500 for Family Plot?

This board would erupt much like the Spartacus thread at FSM. With the description Doug gave I'm thinking Jerry Fielding.

I'm gonna laugh hysterically the day that Family Plot is released and the full score is in mono. I can all ready see the bitching on this board ensuing.

I'll happily take a mono Family Plot score! That sort of stuff doesn't bother me that much. I'd love a FP release but at 1,500? And I'm not going to be in a position to easily check my computer on July 6th...

'Lavish' and 'Signature edition' go together rather oddly. I guess it was just a smaller project for the composer. Unfortunately there's only one 80s title I knowingly want and it wouldn't be signature.

The full clue is

With your help we managed to make room for new stuff. The special sale is over and our typical pattern for new Intrada releases is now back in effect. So plan on checking out our site this coming Monday evening (July 5) and consider our two newest titles going on sale Tuesday, July the 6th. One hails in our Special Collection and features seventies music by one of our most popular composers. The other title goes with the Signature Editions and offers 2-CDs worth of music from a lavish 1980's production. We hope you find one or both titles to be of interest!

The Signature Editions are always impossible to guess, the titles are always so obscure. So even though its "lavish", and is long enough to warrant 2 CDs, that doesn't narrow it down to me at all. It's proably something I've never heard of.

The 1CD Special Collection at 1500 units is likewise also something I'll probably have no interest in. It's probably a Jerry Fielding or Lee Holdridge or one of those other composers I'm completely unfamiliar with, to a movie I've never seen

If you want to see the sh*t hit the fan just watch if only 1000 copies of YSH is released.

The promo was only 500 copies and it was made available some 10 years ago. I would think this would warrant at least 2000 units. Although I'm not privy to the financial licensing details but Broughton does sell well for them.

I had to make a throwaway post to see if the filter was restored after seeing Mark's post; it is not.

I can't get into YSH. I love Tombstone and have listened to YSH, but I can't make myself like it.

I was just being polite Wojo, keeping in mind that some people get easily offended and some younger people could be viewing the board.

I've heard great things about Young Sherlock Holmes, but never seen the movie or heard the score.

What scores is it similar in style to, so that I may get an idea of whether or not I should try tracking it down?

Young Sherlock Holmes the movie, feels very much like a Harry Potter prequel, cross pollinated with Temple of Doom. It's a lot of fun. The score is also a joy. There are some wonderful stately English themes for Holmes, a delightful "mystery" theme, and a vocal cult theme reminiscent of O Fortuna. Broughton was in his full on Williams clone mode, and does a fine job with it. It's one of those examples of Broughton being able to bring the best out of an orchestra. It's a grail of mine, having missed the promo.

As much as I want it to be YSH, I cannot imagine them only releasing 1000 of them though.