The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

80's??? 3,000 units??? YESSSSS

Here's hoping for SpaceCamp or Born On The Fourth Of July!

80's??? 3,000 units??? YESSSSS

Here's hoping for SpaceCamp or Born On The Fourth Of July!

You did notice he said "reissue", right?

Yes, and both have been on CD before. I don't think "re-issue" necessarily implies "not expanded"

Die Hard.

That's coming from La La Land Records

Yes, and both have been on CD before. I don't think "re-issue" necessarily implies "not expanded"

I think it usually does. It may be remastered, but I wouldn't expect a significant amount of new material.

I think Roger just always uses the word "re-issue" for anything that's been on CD before, whether he's reworking it from the ground up (Robocop) or doing a straight OST transfer

Roger has mentioned in the Intrada thread that they were able to get a license to re-issue Jerry Goldsmith's "Link", but the masters could not be found anywhere.

I'd imagine any Williams score (excepting perhaps his earlier 60s scores) would be at least 5,000 units, unless there's legal restrictions.

I'd imagine any Williams score (excepting perhaps his earlier 60s scores) would be at least 5,000 units, unless there's legal restrictions.

Yea it'll probably turn out to be something random i don't have an interest in, but its fun to hope ROTFLMAO

And MV has hinted that he knows about at least one Williams title coming from a label other than his.

Poseidon Adventure was released at 3,000 units just 3 months ago and that sold out in a week. Monsignor is limited to 3,000 units and is still in stock 3 years later. It all depends on the title

I'd like "reissue" to be able to mean including expansions/unreleased stuff. Just not getting my hopes up in that regard. Would love to be proved wrong! (Yes, it's been known to happen ROTFLMAO )

Monsignor was only 3,000.

That was before releases exceeding 3,000 were common.

I can't see something like Monsignor selling 5,000 items within the foreseeable future.

If if its a straight re-issue of the SpaceCamp OST, that'd be GREAT because I don't own it

WIthout clues I guess it's too soon to speculate it will be something by Williams. At 3000 copies, it could very well be also Goldsmith, Bernstein, Conti or Horner.

It would be nice a re-release of Craig Safan's The Last Starfighter, a nice little score from that era.

I have the original release, I wonder if there is more music to add.

I haven't seen the film in over 20 years so I don't remember that much.

I dunno, but since the first expanded release came out before the labels were really striving to always give us the complete score, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some cues that haven't been released before. And I'm sure modern sound technology would do wonders for it as well

There's nothing like a sci-fi score from the golden age of geekdom to get us all riled up. Krull, Last Starfighter ... all classics in their own right.

A clue from Roger about the '80s title:

The other release isn't expanded (but the original was complete anyway). It is assembled a little differently, but more importantly, the first issue was from analog masters, which was all that was available at the time. Being analog, they had some inherent anomalies with that format (hiss levels, etc). With digital masters since surfacing, we present this release in crystal clear, pristine sound quality. And it's a dynamite score that is worth revisiting, especially for people that missed out on the first limited release. It is a powerhouse.

Sounds like it could be Predator or Die Hard.

I hope it's Die Hard. The sound on the Varese is poor, plus the assault on the tower cue was put together incorrectly.

I'd probably pass on Predator. The Varese CD sounds fine to me, plus I don't know why they would change the sequencing.

Another possibility is Rosenthal's Clash Of The Titans. The original album is oddly sequenced and could use a good remastering. But it wasn't limited, although the label PEG went out of business.

I haven't seen Die Hard in a while. How is the music as a listening experience outside the film?

It's okay, but a bit disjointed. Die Hard 2 is a better listening experience.

I'd welcome Predator again since I missed out the first time.

Varèse's Predator was complete though and the sound quality for it was pretty fine.

Die Hard though was out of sequence and the sound quality for that was a bit on the terrible side, even had hiss to that.

Varese's Die Hard was NOT complete, so it can't be that. That would require 2 discs, anyway.

Varese's Predator WAS complete - as far as anyone knows, that is. Well, about 15-20 seconds from the end of "Something Else" were not included on the Varese, but were on the boot - probably just because it's almost identical music to the start of the next track, "Cut 'Em Down". I think the "assembled a little bit differently" could refer to changing the way "The Rescue and End Credits" - On the Varese, they put both Silvestri's original cue AND the replacement tracked music in the track, followed by a very short end credits . Maybe Intrada will only include the original cue followed by the full end credits.

What other 80's scores had a Limited Edition release of the complete score that is now sold out, that could be described as a "powerhouse" score?

Does Ghostbusters fit?

Night Crossing could be a possibility, although Doug Fake had mentioned they weren't interested in re-visiting it.

Perhaps it could be Poledouris' Flesh & Blood? It appears the Prometheus might be oop.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that Intrada's Predator surely wouldn't contain Goldenthal's Twentieth Century Fox Fanfare from Alien 3, which could be the other "assembled a bit differently" thing

Has Intrada released Fox scores before?

Ah yes, how could I forget Alien.

Sure is shaping up like its Predator! Which begs the question... how could they have not done what they had to get get it out just like 2 weeks earlier, around when Predators was in theaters? Odd.

I think Predator or Flesh+Blood are the only two realistic options

I am a major Poledouris fan, and I truly miss his work. I didn't want to cause any problems and start a thread here for the late Poledouris. But I would like it to be Flesh + Blood (maybe one day soon from Intrada; Red October :lol: )

Sorry, anyways I would also love Predator. Curious it seems like Intrada is snatching up some of Varese old sdtks? Ex: Robocop a few months ago. Which I think is good news. ;)

I don't know anything about "Flesh + Blood" - do "dynamite" and "powerhouse" describe that score at all?