The Maestro's Autograph - Through the Mail

Andy

It was a very good Friday afternoon for me. I'd almost half-forgotten I'd sent for it a year ago, but there it was... my John Williams autographed photo. Thought I'd share....

jwauto.jpg

I bought the photo off of eBay for about 6 bucks, and mailed along with a handwritten letter, a silver pen, and a self addressed postage paid envelope it to the Boston Pops address. I've heard many people say it sometimes takes a very long time, but he always comes through. I'm very excited to own it.

I still don't get how people get this. You just write a letter asking for his autograph?

Pretty much, yep. Then all you have to do is wait just long enough to completely forgot you ever sent it, and then you get the pleasant surprise of a JW autograph in your mailbox! ^_^

How do you get a picture? Does he include one if you just write?

K.M.Watching The Tonight Show with Jay Leno for the first time in 17 years

I don't need to send my own picture, do I?

I did, and I would recommend the same. Having an 8 x 10 you can frame and put in your den or listening room is better than a CD booklet.

How do you get a picture? Does he include one if you just write?

I got mine from an eBay seller. I don't know if he'll include his own if you just write. I figured I'd take the time to do it right, package it properly, supply the pen, the photo, and the postage. My total cost including all postage was about $10.

I did a silver pen because I wanted it signed on the dark black section of the photo. I did a little homework on the best kind of silver pen for autographs and sent that with the photo.

And as of now, I am officially a jwfan forum member for exactly one year! Wooooo! ^_^ The circle is now complete.

I sent him two letters: 1 to LA and one to Boston Symphony Hall about 2 months ago

Do you think, now that he was/is in Boston that he might have recieved it?

There's a good chance he did. I read on another forum of people receiving letters back that were mailed about two months ago.

^_^

allthough, I just expressed my feelings and didn't ask for an autograph or asked a question he could respond to.

Maybe he just says: "Ok, thanks for the words", without sending something back.... mman I hate to be a fangirl, and having even such thoughts.

OK, that's it.

I'm sending him two letters first thing Monday.

BTW, what does the letter say exactly?

Dear Mr. Williams,

I am a big fan of yours. Please send me your autograph!

Josh

PS You could have done a lot better on Indy 4.

^_^

lol.. that would be a great letter! ;)

Or.

Dear Mr Williams,

Could you please tell the Williams from 1975 - 1993 to send me an autograph?

Thank you.

Did you send him a photograph or a booklet, Miss Padme?

:)

allthough, I just expressed my feelings and didn't ask for an autograph or asked a question he could respond to.

Maybe he just says: "Ok, thanks for the words", without sending something back.... mman I hate to be a fangirl, and having even such thoughts.

He didn't write anything else for me. Maybe you'll have more luck. ;)

lol.. that would be a great letter! ;)

Or.

Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you.

unfortunately I did "only" send him a letter, with expressing my feelings. So now, being the obsessed fangirl that I am, I am worried he won't send me something back...

:(

Or maybe he sends you a love letter! :)

;)
lol.. that would be a great letter! :(

Or.

Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you.

unfortunately I did "only" send him a letter, with expressing my feelings. So now, being the obsessed fangirl that I am, I am worried he won't send me something back...

Just send him another letter, asking for an autograph! Better late than never.

I was just wondering where I could get a JW photograph on short notice... it's not like they have those in every supermarket...

He didn't write anything else for me. Maybe you'll have more luck. :(

hm so did u recieve your booklet back? ;)

Booklet yes! Signed. Nothing else, though. Only his name.

I wrote him a letter about how much I liked his music and how I would appreciate if he singed it... All that boring stuff he receives every day. Just in case, I included an envelope with my address and so called International Reply Coupon (to make sure he wouldn't be charged for sending it back).

Booklet yes! Signed. Nothing else, though. Only his name.

I wrote him a letter about how much I liked his music and how I would appreciate if he singed it... All that boring stuff he receives every day. Just in case, I included an envelope with my address and so called International Reply Coupon (to make sure he wouldn't be charged for sending it back).

Which booklet? Can you put up a picture of it here?

Greatest Hits 1969 - 1999. The only cd of his I had back then. I can upload the picture, but I don't have time right now. Perhaps later.

Greatest Hits 1969 - 1999. The only cd of his I had back then. I can upload the picture, but I don't have time right now. Perhaps later.

And how long did it take before you got it?

App. 6 months. I sent it in July, received in January (on the envelope it says it was sent back on Christmas Eve).

App. 6 months. I sent it in July, received in January (on the envelope it says it was sent back on Christmas Eve).

OK thanks!

Because I never tire of bragging about it, I'd like to add that I have 4 JW autographs - 3 of which were obtained in person and one through the mail. The one I got through the mail was the very first one I got. I just sent him a silly fan letter when I was in high school around when Jurassic Park was out, not even asking for an autograph, and a couple months later I got a great 8x10 photo signed in silver ink and personalized.

The other three that I got in person are: TPM insert (next to Maul's ship) signed in black ink on the night he premiered TPM music in Boston, I met him and Perlman on that same night and had them sign the Schindler's List booklet and on different night had him sign disc 4 of the SW Anthology in gold ink. Awesome.

Because I never tire of bragging about it, I'd like to add that I have 4 JW autographs - 3 of which were obtained in person and one through the mail.

Do you have all 4 autographs on pictures of him? Or CD booklets?

Because I never tire of bragging about it, I'd like to add that I have 4 JW autographs - 3 of which were obtained in person and one through the mail.

Do you have all 4 autographs on pictures of him? Or CD booklets?

I just edited my original post. I'll get pics of them this weekend to show everyone.

I bought a signed copy of HEARTBEEPS for $200 on Ebay. Funny though, the signature looked nothing like his actual signature. I just assume he signed it with his non-writing hand.

Or maybe he sends you a love letter! :)

;)
lol.. that would be a great letter! :(

Or.

Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you.

Just send him another letter, asking for an autograph! Better late than never.

I was just wondering where I could get a JW photograph on short notice... it's not like they have those in every supermarket...

Why dont you try it this way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZH3EP2Hdi8

I still don't get how people get this. You just write a letter asking for his autograph?

Yes. Sort of. I wrote a letter expressing my admiration of his work and got a signed picture in return without actually asking for it. I used the Boston Symphony address