Dr. Jones

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOHN WILLIAMS' QUIET SIDE  

By M. R. Montgomery Globe Staff  

The Boston Globe, March 18th, 1981  

John Williams lives on a quiet street in the modest (one- Mercedes-to-a-garage) part of this village, in a quiet neo-Georgian house with a blooming red camellia bush that reaches to the second floor windows.  

The village is Beverly Hills. There's a short look at the exterior of his house on the famous 1980 BBC 60 minute program made about him.

For the full article, you can visit my we site, following the "Can't Read Portuguese" link.

The village is Beverly Hills. There's a short look at the exterior of his house on the famous 1980 BBC 60 minute program made about him.

For the full article, you can visit my we site, following the "Can't Read Portuguese" link.

Where and when did you see this BBC program? Also, do you have it?

Thanks.

The BBC special was amde when Williams was in London recording TESB. Thre was some material also filmed in LA, in his office, with Kershenr, Lucas, Wanberg and the late Herbert Spencer (really nice for those who think Williams uses orchestrators because he can't orchestrate himself ;) )

This was broadcasted back then and I have a vhs and a mpeg file of that. Don't really know if this was broadcasted again later.

I can traded cd-r's with it, if you're asking that. The file is some 500 mg large, too much for my internet connection.

Wow!!! It sounds great! I'm really interested in it. Do you have some another documentaries about John Williams? I'm really interested in all of them ;)

E-Wan

:roll: You're just being a sissy with your internet connection. I have it and I'll share it, but only over internet because mail involves too much.