Tracklist for New Potter Film.

Ollie

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like Harry Potter is so cool that they don't need to put the entire title on the cover!

At least they updated the look of Hogwarts to something a little more modern!

Oh, wait...that's not Hogwarts. That's a setting from one relatively unimportant scene.

whaaat? Williams isn't scoring it?

:lol:

It's like Harry Potter is so cool that they don't need to put the entire title on the cover!

Yeah, imagine Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone had been scored by Nicholas Hooper and the soundtrack cover had looked something like this. No one would even be watching the movies today...

I started reading the tracklist. Really, I tried. But halfway through I gave up! :)

Yeah, imagine Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone had been scored by Nicholas Hooper and the soundtrack cover had looked something like this. No one would even be watching the movies today...

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard you say. Or type.

John Williams may be heavily responsible for the success of many of his movies, but it's Harry Freaking Potter. It could have a score by Steve Jablonsky and it would still be watched by a ridiculous amount of people.

John Williams may be heavily responsible for the success of many of his movies, but it's Harry Freaking Potter. It could have a score by Steve Jablonsky and it would still be watched by a ridiculous amount of people.

Ever heard of exaggerting to make a point? :rolleyes: I was just making a point as to how silly this cover looks and how blah Nicholas Hooper's soundtrack sounds.

Don't take everything so seriously.

Ever heard of exaggerting to make a point? :rolleyes: I was just making a point as to how silly this cover looks and how blah Nicholas Hooper's soundtrack sounds.

Don't take everything so seriously.

I think you should make a little more effort to make your "exaggerations" stand out, because, like everything else on this message board that isn't intoned with anything other than sincerity (or followed with a smiley of some kind), I take it at face value.

As an aside, for a mass-marketed photoshop cover, I like it. I think it's kind of brilliant the way they used the HP logo.

At least they updated the look of Hogwarts to something a little more modern!

Oh, wait...that's not Hogwarts. That's a setting from one relatively unimportant scene.

It's Harry Potter: The Voyage Home, where Harry and co. are stuck in the city environment of London with many humourous situations exploiting wizards' total ineptitude in the real muggle world, like when they're crossing the road without looking, and an angry pommie driver yells out "Watch where you're going, you barmpot blighter!"

And Harry responds with "Well double barmpot blighter on you!"

Don't think the tracklist is too bad, but that cover's just weird, I hope they're not trying to start a new trend. And I haven't read the book for a few years, so I'm not sure what scene is being referred to.

I'll give the score a chance, but my expectations aren't high after what I consider a mostly unimpressive OotP.

It's just a Harry Potter film, you know.

Very true. They just aren't something to get excited about any more, and not just because of the lack of Williams.

I agree with Stefan. I don't particularly like the artwork, but the use of the title appeals to me. It's not like anyone really needs the title to guess what it is anyway.

This world would be boring if it was wall-to-wall Struzan. I kind of wish someone would do some new updated SW posters. A fresh perspective.

This world would be boring if it was wall-to-wall Struzan. I kind of wish someone would do some new updated SW posters. A fresh perspective.

They made those Ugly photoshop DVD's covers, so no thanks, lets keep Struzan there :rolleyes:

They made those Ugly photoshop DVD's covers, so no thanks, lets keep Struzan there :rolleyes:

I mean someone with talent!

Maybe something akin to the 78 rerelease ANH poster Drew did. That piece is the closest artwork has come to replicating the pop nature of that movie.

Lots of people still do.

Especially fans of the book. Apparently they can't wait to be dissapointed by every new film.

I always assume people develop and evolve over time. How naive of me!

Alex

Lots of people still do.

Especially fans of the book. Apparently they can't wait to be dissapointed by every new film.

I always assume people develop and evolve over time. How naive of me!

Alex

Yeah, they moved on to Twilight.

I've never seen Twilight but it can't be much worse than Potter, right? Lots of sexual tension between teenagers ... long vampire teeth ... supernatural strenght ...

In TOD the middle part of the tittle is not readable:

Yeah but the whole logo is on screen. Here, it says "Tury Poti" or something. It looks like some fanart where they cropped the movie poster and couldn't properly fit the logo.

I've never seen Twilight but it can't be much worse than Potter, right? Lots of sexual tension between teenagers ... long vampire teeth ... supernatural strenght ...

Potter is like Citizen Kane compared to Twilight, and I don't like Potter at all.

I'm not saying the cover's not original, because it is, but what it also looks like is cheap.

It looks like they couldn't come up with anything better... so they cut off the title, so some people will inevitably say, "WHOOO, how original!"

It looks like they couldn't come up with anything better... so they cut off the title, so some people will inevitably say, "WHOOO, how original!"

You're just hitting homers at the moment, aren't you?

That is some pretty bad cover art, not because of the blocked lettering but mainly because of the cliched 'serious' poses from all the characters and of course the coloring. It looks cheap and uninspired, really.