The mistake in LSO's performing

lester1231

superrem.jpg

Here is a soundclip of Superman from Disc 2 of the reissue. and I find a mistake in 4:44 of the track 13 Finale and End Title March.

http://www.harrybocai.com.cn/download/music/1.mp3

the rihgt version I thought, you can compare it with the first one I gave.

http://www.harrybocai.com.cn/download/music/2.mp3

gallery_914394_7781_32612.jpg

We can hear clearly in the 3rd bar of the frist note in the music sheet. the 1st trumpet make a mistake on it.

But my friend told me there's no mistake :rolleyes:

So, please comfirm it for me, thanks.

BTW, there is another mistake in Skywalker Symphony Orchestra conducted by JW in this album.

swtril.gif

in the opening of last track Throne Room and Finale, The timpani' s performing also make a mistake in a bar. I' ll show it when I go back home.

========UPDATE========

gallery_914394_7781_25125.jpg

Soundtrackclip

http://www.whmylaser.com/private/jw/21.mp3

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you're a tough critic! One of the trumpet players splits a note, that's all. It's barely noticeable and hardly ruins the performance. It's little things like that that make all performances individual. It's not as if he played a wrong note, or completely mucked up the entry or anything. I've heard far worse.

Wow you're a tough critic! One of the trumpet players splits a note, that's all. It's barely noticeable and hardly ruins the performance. It's little things like that that make all performances individual. It's not as if he played a wrong note, or completely mucked up the entry or anything. I've heard far worse.

:rolleyes:

Trumpet players never make mistakes. It was the score that was incorrect.

:lol: ....how true!!!

Trumpet players never make mistakes. It was the score that was incorrect.

If it was Maurice Murphy who played it, then no. The man is a master trumpet player.

Uaaagh.. that split note sounds horrible indeed. If they record this in a studio, why can't they redo it?

by the way.. did you just post a link to a few secs of copyrighted music?? uh oh .. better watch out for the Admistraminator!! ;)

Cut the crap -- Ricard

Lester I apologize that no one, except pixie, seriously answered your question but I really don't hear anything wrong and it's beyond my musical expertise to truly give an answer.

That 1st trumpet note is supposed to be an A, not a B.

The score is incorrect.

Yes, Maurice Murphy is a deity, incapable of imperfection!

Much as though I would like to agree, I have heard him balls up the JFK solo!! It was an outdoor live concert however, so he was easily forgiven....and every genius makes mistakes sometimes....

You mean the splited note makes it heard like a mistake? :blink:

Uaaagh.. that split note sounds horrible indeed. If they record this in a studio, why can't they redo it?

by the way.. did you just post a link to a few secs of copyrighted music?? uh oh .. better watch out for the Admistraminator!! :cool:

Cut the crap -- Ricard

:) But I can't express myself clearly without the soundtrackclip

Lester I apologize that no one, except pixie, seriously answered your question but I really don't hear anything wrong and it's beyond my musical expertise to truly give an answer.

It doesnt matter, Mark Olivarez, and try this one http://www.harrybocai.com.cn/download/music/2.mp3

and compare them.

I just got the CD today, and I do not hear a timpani at the beginning of "Throne Room and Finale"....

Update now, and listen it again please.

Update now, and listen it again please.

why shouldn't that be intentional?

its not ONLY the timpani after all, but also the cymbal. It had to be in the score.

I have thought of that, but what's the reason?

I think we're all accustomed to hear the timpani starts at the 3rd bar.

BTW, if the timpani starts at the 2nd bar, the begining of distribut will be not equally distributed.