How much time do you spend listening to film scores?

Diego

How much time do you spend listening to film scores?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours do you dedicate exclusively to listen to film music a week?

• Less than an hour
    • Between one and three hours
    • Between three and five hours
    • Between five and seven hours
    • Between seven and nine hours
    • Between nine and eleven hours
    • Between eleven and thirteen hours
    • Between thirteen and fifteen hours
    • More than fifteen hours
    • I go for weeks without listening to film music

Another poll! (and my first one too!) This probably has been done before, but I don't remember one like this recently. I'm curious since some people post like 3 scores a day in the "What's the last score you listened too?" thread.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another poll! (and my first one too!) This probably has been done before, but I don't remember one like this recently. I'm curious since some people post like 3 scores a day in the "What's the last score you listened too?" thread.

What do you mean by "exclusively"?

It's kind of hard to quantify sometimes. I have a mix of film music and regular music on my ipod, although I have playlists separating the two. I listen to a mix of both in the day, and then shuffle around the score playlist at night for an hour in bed before I go to sleep. But I try and get away to the batcave so I can listen to scores on the stereo as much as I can, but that's only two, three times a week and I'll spend two hours or so in each visit. So probably between eleven and thirteen, exclusively.

Whenever I go online I have music playing, unless I'm doing something that requires audio or concentration. But I only spend maybe an hour a week (and that's a generous estimation) of nothing but listening to music. If I'm listening to a score for some reason other than enjoyement--it's a new to my collection, or I want to refamiliarize myself with it, then I'll spend a bit more time.

When I listen to any kind of music- whether it be John Williams, Danny Elfman, Franz Schubert, Duke Ellington, or whoever else would serve to illustrate my point- I try to give it my full attention, and I spend quite a bit of time in my day to do so.

When I listen to any kind of music- whether it be John Williams, Danny Elfman, Franz Schubert, Duke Ellington, or whoever else would serve to illustrate my point-

Backstreet Boys?

Mmm, I'm really not sure. Less than I used to, for the simple reason that I found myself getting rather desensitized to it, especially when I listened while doing other stuff. I try to be more deliberate about it nowadays, and respect the listening as a treat instead of a ho-hum experience I can plug into whenever I want, and in whatever context I want. Seems to make me enjoy it a little more. :)

I still listen quite a bit, though. :D

:down: TLC

Mmm, I'm really not sure. Less than I used to, for the simple reason that I found myself getting rather desensitized to it, especially when I listened while doing other stuff. I try to be more deliberate about it nowadays, and respect the listening as a treat instead of a ho-hum experience I can plug into whenever I want, and in whatever context I want. Seems to make me enjoy it a little more. :down:

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."

Aptly said.

Kudos to the first person who can name whom I quoted without resorting to an outside source.

A heck of a lot.

Most of it isn't exclusively listening, but generally, if I'm at my computer and not watching TV, I'm playing music. And I'm at my computer far more than can possibly be natural :down:

And I usually spend at least a few hours a day listening at work too.

5-7 hours a week on average. I usually listen to at least one score a day.

When I list more than one that usually means I have my 6 disc player on shuffle.

1-3. I usual have music on while I'm doing something else. Whenever I listen to film music I try to keep my focus on it. Thanks to last.fm I can track all this too.

I can listen to film score music all day. All though if I'm playing Call Of Duty it's sort of hard to listen to music and play that at the same time because I need to be paying attention to the game.

Anyways though there have been times I've gone nearly all day with out listening to music but that's just if I'm not in the mood which is rare. Most of the time though I will spend nearly all day listening to film scores.

I listen to James Horner 24/7. Thankfully I got rid of all my John Williams cds (except the classical ones)

Honestly, I can't say. It's different every week...

But, on average, I'd say 3-5 hours a week. When I just got a new album I'm crazy about, maybe 30-50 hours a week!

3 to 5 hours a week is probably the most accurate for me, but it fluctuates between this and 1 to 3.

Well i usually listen to soundtracks pretty much everyday probably about seven hours a day in periods usually when driving to and from work, when in house on computer or in run and when taking walks but mostly at night.. you can never listen to too many film scores lol

very little anymore. I used to be obsessive with it, but thank God I'm not doing that anymore. I might listen a couple hours a week max outside the movie going experience itself. I might spend more time here than actually listening.