Roy Budd conducting the London Symphony Orchestra - Big Screen Adventure aka Greatest Action Hits aka Film Classics, Vol. 1

David Vincent

No, but mine has all the same tracks except the one you listed has an additional Dr. Who suite that I clearly need to get my hands on.

Mine are called Space Movie Themes and Fantasy Movie Themes.

On 17/01/2022 at 9:08 PM, Jay said:

Overall, I was not impressed with the album.  The performance is not up to par. 

Agreed, for most of the tracks. I purchased the two albums mentioned by blondheim mainly due to Budd's suite from Alfred Newman's The Mark of Zorro. This is the longest suite of music that's been recorded from this film, and the performance is quite good!

9 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Agreed, for most of the tracks. I purchased the two albums mentioned by blondheim mainly due to Budd's suite from Alfred Newman's The Mark of Zorro. This is the longest suite of music that's been recorded from this film, and the performance is quite good!

I agree. That suite is excellent! I discovered it after my recent survey of Gerhardt's Classic Film Series when I was ravenous for more.

While I agree that the overall feel of the orchestra on the Roy Budd is a little scrappier, they obviously put a lot of heart into this performance and I think it has enough charming moments touched with this charisma. The unique arrangements mentioned by Jay are truly not to be missed either.

• 2 weeks later...