Do you want a fifth Indiana Jones film?

indy4

Do you want a fifth Indiana Jones film?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a fifth Indiana Jones film?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes.

I think there were some interesting ideas going on in Crystal Skull, and I also think Spielberg realizes how much he missed the mark and is eager to redeem the series. Get a better screenwriter, concentrate more on the characters and nail the cinematography this time.

Of course by biggest worry is doing this in time to get Williams back.

I don't think they would get a better screenwriter, Spielberg likes Koepp a lot. And Williams is not the one to worry about, unless they start to shoot this thing by 2010 I don't think Ford will pull it out.

That is mine, as well.

They can just use tracked music from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. No biggie.

Hahaha, yeah they'll probably track music from all 4 movies...

OMG, that would be awesome.

That is mine, as well.

They can just use tracked music from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. No biggie.

Hahaha, yeah they'll probably track music from all 4 movies...

OMG, that would be awesome.

Yeah, and they'll probably bring in William Ross to arrange and conduct the whole shebang! :P

I only say ToD... and then LC.

Steven Spielberg had personal dissatisfaction with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, so it is a bit of a different story.

Exactly, Spielberg makes movies for himself, not the haters.

Steven Spielberg had personal dissatisfaction with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, so it is a bit of a different story.

Are you his personal assistant?

Who knows what he will say about KotCS in a few years?

ToD was controversial because of the violence. Nothing at all like that this time around.

Hmmm, you're right.

This time it's more like the opposite.... :P

The original statement was "I also think Spielberg realizes how much he missed the mark".

You are correct in saying who knows how SS will feel about this film in 1 year, 5 years or 10 years. But I was asking AZ, what makes him or anyone else think, Spielberg feels this way about KotCS now? He has not shown any indication of disappointment with KotCS. If he has, I would like to see it. Otherwise, the remark was baseless.

The original statement was "I also think Spielberg realizes how much he missed the mark".

You are correct in saying who knows how SS will feel about this film in 1 year, 5 years or 10 years. But I was asking AZ, what makes him or anyone else think, Spielberg feels this way about KotCS now? He has not shown any indication of disappointment with KotCS. If he has, I would like to see it. Otherwise, the remark was baseless.

Well, many people were disappointed. That's a fact. So my point was, Spielberg will probably try to do better... the implication being, that he might be disappointed that so many of his fans were disappointed.

Well, many people were disappointed. That's a fact. So my point was, Spielberg will probably try to do better... the implication being, that he might be disappointed that so many of his fans were disappointed.

Anyone who hated on the film is a hater, not a real fan.

Spielberg might be a lot of things, you have no way of knowing. You are talking out of your ass about him disappointed and wanting to make a better followup. It's more like wishful thinking on your part.

Anyone who hated on the film is a hater, not a real fan.

Hey! I never hated on that film! :)

Spielberg might be a lot of things, you have no way of knowing.

Yeah, but you do? :P

Anyway, I thought it might be reasonable to assume that a director just might be slightly disappointed when his fans were disappointed about such a highly anticipated project. If you don't think so, fine. :)

Anyway, I seriously doubt Indy 5 will happen with Spielberg as the director...

Agreed, something tells me he didn't even really wanted to make KOTCS

Anyway, I seriously doubt Indy 5 will happen with Spielberg as the director...

Agreed, something tells me he didn't even really wanted to make KOTCS

:P Well, he openly admitted it in a press conference.

Did he?? I just get this vibe from interviews where he's like "Well, so George kept pushing the idea and so and so..."

Did he?? I just get this vibe from interviews where he's like "Well, so George kept pushing the idea and so and so..."

BTW, I thought GL was funny there about the DVD release... :P

I have made no claim to know anything about how SS feels, so the burden is not on me.

Anyway, I thought it might be reasonable to assume that a director just might be slightly disappointed when his fans were disappointed about such a highly anticipated project.

This is why nobody takes your posts seriously. A lot of people liked it, why not assume the other way?

I have made no claim to know anything about how SS feels, so the burden is not on me.

Anyway, I thought it might be reasonable to assume that a director just might be slightly disappointed when his fans were disappointed about such a highly anticipated project.

This is why nobody takes your posts seriously. A lot of people liked it, why not assume the other way?

Okay. If you need to sink so low, you won. :)

In case you're looking Mr Spielberg, the answer is a resounding NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's not gonna happen anyway.

The original plan was for Raiders and for 3 (possible) sequels... now Spielberg has fulfilled his obligation.

Indy 4 was released, and you know what?

The Earth didn't collapse, the sky didn't fall, we all survived.

I voted YES!

Wow, they should hire you to do PR for the next film.

Whoa, sorry Josh500, didn't mean for you to get the brunt of all that.

Ironically enough, the South Park episode where Indy is raped is on. Nice.

Anyway, folks feel the need to say "in my opinion" on message boards and for the most part I think that's implied, so when I say that I think Spielberg realizes he missed the mark . . . I don't know the guy. It's an assumption. And yes, I do know what happens when you assume, so let's let it slide for the conversation, shall we?

When you talk to people about a movie, there's that popular opinion you have to get through first. Let's take Star Trek for example. The majority of people like that movie. When you talk about it, you get this vibe that you're starting from a positive standpoint. If you really have anything negative to say, you really have to back up your claim. There are those who didn't enjoy that movie and they really have to explain themselves for it. The same goes for Crystal Skull.

Now, it wasn't bashed by critics but I feel the majority of people know that movie isn't as good as the others. I'm a huge fan of the films, I enjoyed Crystal Skull but it certainly wasn't up to par with the previous films. When someone talks about enjoying that movie, they really have to explain themselves. Plain and simple, the majority of people I've spoken to about the movie found it to be the least of the saga (and that is really saying the least).

As far as Speilberg, well, he thinks Harrison looked the same as he did in Crusade, so who knows what's going on in his head. After all, he doesn't like Temple of Doom and I love it, so there ya go. But Crystal Skull is a flick where I think it's safe to turn to a complete stranger, say "What the hell was that?" and you'll find that stranger nodding in agreement. That's certainly the vibe I got leaving the theater during that midnight show (the lack of grand applause was a clue). When it came to Temple of Doom, to me it seems like he really wanted to redeem himself with Crusade.

After watching Crystal Skull, I could only hope he would want to redeem himself with a solid entry in a big bad way.

Not quite sure where you're going with that one. Are you saying that the surprise was due to people's expectations of Spielberg? At any rate, I don't want an Indy film that isn't directed by Spielberg, starring Ford, or scored by Williams.

At any rate, I don't want an Indy film that isn't directed by Spielberg, starring Ford, or scored by Williams.

That much is certain.

Not quite sure where you're going with that one. Are you saying that the surprise was due to people's expectations of Spielberg?

Expectations of Spielberg and just expectations in general. He has a good portion of mediocre to bad films in his repertoire.

Not quite sure where you're going with that one. Are you saying that the surprise was due to people's expectations of Spielberg?

Expectations of Spielberg and just expectations in general. He has a good portion of mediocre to bad films in his repertoire.

Given that you don't like CE3K, I'm interested to see what you view as mediocre to bad. Do we dare ask for a list?

Jaws, to begin the list. It was so boring! Come on, you could not even see the shark for practically the entire film! What is the point of calling it "Jaws" if those jaws only get maybe five minutes of total screentime!? They should have renamed it: Three Drunken Has-Been Actors Drinking Their Lives Away For Some Stupid Untalented Director.

And do not even get me started on that "film" Raiders of the Lost Ark! (more like "Raiders of my Valuable Time")

After watching Crystal Skull, I could only hope he would want to redeem himself with a solid entry in a big bad way.

Yeah, that's what was I was saying, in a nutshell...

Jaws, to begin the list. It was so boring! Come on, you could not even see the shark for practically the entire film! What is the point of calling it "Jaws" if those jaws only get maybe five minutes of total screentime!? They should have renamed it: Three Drunken Has-Been Actors Drinking Their Lives Away For Some Stupid Untalented Director.

And do not even get me started on that "film" Raiders of the Lost Ark! (more like "Raiders of my Valuable Time")

That's not funny... is that even a joke? You forgot the :devil: .

Given that you don't like CE3K, I'm interested to see what you view as mediocre to bad. Do we dare ask for a list?

Among casual fans of the director, the list would probably include 1941, Always, Hook, and The Lost World: Jurassic Park, for starters.

Of course, if you're Village Voice critic J. Hoberman, everything Spielberg has touched is excrement.

Among casual fans of the director, the list would probably include 1941, Always, Hook, and The Lost World: Jurassic Park, for starters.

Of course, if you're Village Voice critic J. Hoberman, everything Spielberg has touched is excrement.

These which you mentioned (plus KotCS) are the least good Spielberg's movies, but even so I wouldn't call any of them bad. They are mediocre at most.

I doubt it'd be hard. 'Right John, let me take you through the film.Ok, so here's an explosion... here's some slow-motion against an orange sunset.... don't worry about this bit, we're going to cut in some Linkin Park... here's some more explosions... yeah, a bit more slow motion, but look, red sunset, see I'm versatile... few more explosions... Aerosmith song here... US flag... more explosions... and the end credits. Yeah, they explode too. Then the Paramount logo. That'll explode too.'