"Countdown" of Spielberg films on XM Radio

Trumpeteer

As we entertained guests for our Fourth of July dinner party, we had the Cinemagic channel on XM Radio playing on DirecTV. As the guests started to make their exits, I noticed a lot of early John Williams music was being played in succession, and all from Spielberg films. I didn't know what was going on, since the volume was just low enough to be subtle background music.

When the guests left, I turned up the volume, and the DJ was saying something about a countdown of Steven Spielberg films. I came in at number 20 or so, when they were playing a suite from "Always."

I don't think this is a countdown of the best Spielberg films. How could "Munich" rank lower than "The Terminal?" (Oh wait, they are counting down from least-grossing films to best-grossing films. "Schindler's List" is at No. 15 with $96 million in grosses.)

Anyway, it's been a fun accompaniment as we clean the dishes. It's probably going to go on for a while tonight. They play scores from four films every hour and they started at 9 p.m. Pacific time with number 25, I think.

From what I remember, "The Sugarland Express," "Twilight Zone," "Always," "Amistad," "The Color Purple," "Munich," "The Terminal" and "AI" have played. I imagine "Jaws" and "ET" will be in the top two spots.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's indeed a countdown of the top grossers, then I think the top five should be:

1. E.T.

2. Jurassic Park

3. IJ and the KOTCS

4. Jaws

5. Raiders