Latest Signature Editions

Seth

I know that Hal-Leonard released several new Signature edition scores last fall and earlier this year. My question is-what recordings (if any) do they correspond to? Is Jurassic Park the suite on "Williams on Williams"? I assume it is, and I also assume that BOT4OJ is the one from JW Greatest Hits. The biggest question I have is about the new Indiana Jones release. Do the selections from KOTCS match the tracks with the same title from the album release? Is the version of Marion's Theme in that collection available anywhere (YouTube included) ? Thanks for the help.

Seth

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurassic Park is the same one on the William on Williams album. Born on the Fourth of July is the version that appears on the Music for Stage and Screen album by the Boston Pops (if the Greatest Hits CD track listing says it's by the Boston Pops, then it's the same one). As far as Crystal Skull is concerned, The Adventures of Mutt and Whirl Through Academe are the same as the soundtrack, with a few minor changes (extra bass drum hits in Mutt, for example). The Crystal Spell corresponds to the Call of the Crystal track on the album. Marion's Theme and Irina's Theme are both new arrangements, both of which can be found on YouTube, performed by Boston Pops and LA Philharmonic, respiectively.

That's not part of the Signature Edition suite, which contains the five pieces I mentioned above. I know which suite your thinking of though. It is another arrangement, I've seen the listing on sheet music websites.