John Williams To Possibly Compose Deathly Hallows Films

scallenger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so excited about this. But it's not official yet, is it?

The possibility itself is very official. Still, there is no news on who will compose the music.

You could sex it up a bit.

Should I have used that paparazzi pic of Emma Watson's wardrobe malfunction?

Hey, the entire title is visible! Nice work, were you the one who placed "TM" after "Hallows"?

Cheers and no, I just did a simple Photoshop job of seeking out from appropriate sources and combining the four elements you see. The whole title exists in a little teaser logo, but I dunno how official that is.

Nice cover! :)

Although given that it will be a John Williams 'listening experience' album, it should really read 'Music From & Inspired By The Motion Picture'.......... :o:)

Or perhaps Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard... the combined power they will wield with a one-note Voldemort theme.

Good point. As we all know it - "less is more".

Or perhaps Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard... the combined power they will wield with a one-note Voldemort theme.

Good point. As we all know it - "less is more".

More or less.

Awesome cover, I really like it. :) But the original cover will probably have people on it, too bad. =p

Why does it take so long for them to pick a composer? Or to reveal which composer they picked...

:)

• 2 months later...

Well, the IMDB entry for Part One's status has again been changed back to "post-production." Maybe we'll get news sometime before the end of the year or early next year. The first movie is still a year or so away, so anything could change between now and then.

I'd buy a Harry Potter score by Desplat.

I wouldn't.

After Hooper, they could hire just about anyone to score it. My opinion of both scores has improved lately though, and I certainly now like them better than Doyle's, which is just loud and a bit annoying sometimes.

I would be VERY interested to hear Michael Giacchino's approach. As huge a fan as I am, I'm sure the results wouldn't fit, but they'd certainly be interesting to listen to.

oh that would be horrible. He would mess it up so bad.

Por que?

Perhaps he doesn't like that light, subtle touch Desplat does with his scores. Desplat's done a lot more than just romances and costume dramas, I personally think his Golden Compass score was one of the best of 2007.

A Desplat Potter score would be intriguing... but where would he place one of his famous waltzes at? I can't imagine the wedding scene underscored by something akin to "Chez Chanel" from Coco Avant Chanel.

The Golden Compass started out very strong, but by the end it was just...loud noise. I do love Desplat's score to Benjamin Button, I think that of the nominees last year it deserved to Oscar.

If you think it's loud noise, you need to get your ears checked. In my book there are two major scores/accomplishments in the adventure/fantasy genre in the last ten years, and this is one of them. It's lightyears better than Indy 4 as well.

It's lightyears better than Indy 4 as well.

muahahahaha.

I would be VERY interested to hear Michael Giacchino's approach. As huge a fan as I am, I'm sure the results wouldn't fit, but they'd certainly be interesting to listen to.

is that really your opinion or you are just trying to make people jump at you everytime Giacchino's name surfaces?

That attitude is great for creating debates, but in the end it's at your own cost, since you are just making yourself look like a fool in front of many people.

is that really your opinion or you are just trying to make people jump at you everytime Giacchino's name surfaces?

That attitude is great for creating debates, but in the end it's at your own cost, since you are just making yourself look like a fool in front of many people.

I haven't taken anything Joey says seriously for some time ;)

Koray - I just don't like Desplat's style. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but most of his music doesn't work for me.

Koray - I just don't like Desplat's style. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but most of his music doesn't work for me.

I only like a couple of his scores. When he first started being more popular in Hollywood, I really didn't like him. But I can't deny the greatness of The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button. The Painted Veil is okay, and the one cue release (so far) of his New Moon is score is pretty good. I'm slowly but surely getting to like him a lot. I recommend Fantastic Mr. Fox, one of my favorite scores of the year. It's got the quirkiness you'd expect from a Wed Anderson film and some great Morricone homages to boot.