Iron Man 2

Smeagol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this could be anything like Cutthroat Island for superheroes...this could be cool. I'm afraid I haven't knowingly heard any other Debney besides that and seaQuest DSV.

Not sure what to expect, but I'll definitely like it more than what Djawadi came up with.

My feelings exactly. This is cool news. I wonder who's decision it was to replace Djawadi.

Since when is IMDB remotely trustworthy about anything?

It's 100% trustworthy when it comes to who is working on a film. If it's rumored, it'll say "rumored" in parentheses after the name, and I think they also label "in negotiations." It is after all a database, there are no errors in that department to my knowledge.

"You may report errors and omissions on this page to the IMDb database managers. They will be examined and if approved will be included in a future update. Clicking the 'Update' button will take you through a step-by-step process."

That's not exactly relying on user submissions.

You should never trust anything from IMDB unless the movie is in the process of being filmed. I think Debney's name was attached to the first Iron Man on IMDB way before filming began but then was later removed when that was shot down.

Yea...I stopped believing IMDB's rumored information years ago when Boondock Saints 2 never came to fruition. The internet is one giant stinking lie and we just have to live with it.

Glad to see that not only another source is confirming Debney's involvement with Iron Man 2. I wonder during negotiations for Iron Man 2, Favreau brought the Cutthroat Island CD, played it to the execs at Marvel and agreed to do the film under the condition that Debney be on board too.

And getting on a tangent here, since Debney usually records some of his best scores in London (Cutthroat Island, Passion, Lair) he could probably do that since Djawadi did the same with the first movie.

Well the music should be decent, a big improvement over the first one.

But then wasn't Debney originally attached to the first film?

I assumed that Favreau was going to use him for the first film after their previous two collaborations, so I was a bit surprised when he went with someone else that essentially provided a metal-ish symphonic, pretty generic score.

So this is happy news as far as I'm concerned.

Tim

Then when they saw how well the film did, and how good it actually was, they came to their senses and realized what a huge mistake they made and thanked god that that pathetic score didn't ruin the film.

Ramin's score for Iron Man isn't that bad...but I'm sure that Debney would have produced a much better score. So I'm sure that Debney will produce a kick ass score for Iron Man 2.

I was a bit surprised when he went with someone else that essentially provided a metal-ish symphonic, pretty generic score.

That was the intention, except for the generic part. Tony Stark is a rock star, the score is supposed to reflect that. Why else would they bookend the film with AC/DC and Black Sabbath?

Debney's score will most likely be in the same vein as Djawadi's.

I was a bit surprised when he went with someone else that essentially provided a metal-ish symphonic, pretty generic score.

That was the intention, except for the generic part. Tony Stark is a rock star, the score is supposed to reflect that. Why else would they bookend the film with AC/DC and Black Sabbath?

Debney's score will most likely be in the same vein as Djawadi's.

With the guitars - most probably. I think he used them in The Scorpion King with positive effect. The difference is, he will back the rock part up with a hopefully strong theme and a decent orchestral music, in other words with everything that was missing in Djawadi's score.

GREAT news! Debney said in an interview that he had a great theme planned for the original Iron Man that he's been hanging on to, so hopefully he'll stick with it on the sequel. And the fact that he's enthusiastic about the film is a good sign that we won't be getting Debney on autopilot

I may get a look at something related to Iron Man 2 at Comic-Con. Debney has done some good work, so this could be interesting.

I actually like the score to the first film, matches the fun ride of the movie.

With the guitars - most probably. I think he used them in The Scorpion King with positive effect. The difference is, he will back the rock part up with a hopefully strong theme and a decent orchestral music, in other words with everything that was missing in Djawadi's score.

Indeed! The guitars that Debney used in The Scorpion King were definitely very effective.

Josh, definitely check out Iron Man. As everyone has said it's a very enjoyable film and as Breathmask stated Downey Jr. is fun to watch in this movie. The suits that appear in the movie are actual suits that they built for Downey to wear, especially the suit that appears at the beginning of the film.

Iron Man is a very fun movie.

He's also a very fun superhero in that he's not blessed with super powers by a freak accident, mutation, or alien involvement. Tony Stark's a regular Joe who's just really really smart and rich, and he uses his brain and money to build himself into a superhero. And he's a deeply flawed human being to boot. The Avengers super-franchise is off to a very good start.

The difference is, he will back the rock part up with a hopefully strong theme and a decent orchestral music, in other words with everything that was missing in Djawadi's score.

Decent orchestral music, yes. I think Djawadi came up with a pretty good theme though. However it really got lost in the movie, best place to hear it is the DVD menu.

The difference is, he will back the rock part up with a hopefully strong theme and a decent orchestral music, in other words with everything that was missing in Djawadi's score.

Decent orchestral music, yes. I think Djawadi came up with a pretty good theme though. However it really got lost in the movie, best place to hear it is the DVD menu.

Do you mean the motif that opens

?

?

No that's not it. I'm trying to find the menu on YouTube, but all I can find are stupid people recording their TV screen so you can't hear the audio.

EDIT: Found it -

It's not as good as I remember though :lol: The cue on the OST is "Trinkets To Kill A Prince"

?

No that's not it. I'm trying to find the menu on YouTube, but all I can find are stupid people recording their TV screen so you can't hear the audio.

EDIT: Found it -

It's not as good as I remember though :lol: The cue on the OST is "Trinkets To Kill A Prince"

It sucks, actually :lol: I think I prefer that motif from the opening then. ;)

I like Debney. When I was younger I used my Talkboy (from Home Alone 2, ironically) to record the opening titles to SeaQuest DSV, among other things. My favorite piece by him is the SpectroMagic parade at Disney.

Listening to the FSM podcasts huh? :thumbup:

Ah, I'd forgotten about that! I wasn't actually referring to the podcast, but they did catch that didn't they? But really, I'm not sure which bit is being referred to as the theme in this case. Koray, what's the timing on the OST track?

I will say this: if you're going for the style they went in the first film, I'd say the most effective bit was the montage of Stark at work in the cave--particularly that moment of him hammering. Actually a neat little moment. But overall, I'm greatly relieved to hear that Debney's involved. Should be good.

I've always considered that the piece "Vacations Over" was the best motif in the film, and I'd definitely like to see Debney expand upon this for the sequel. I wouldn't mind if he kept a few of the action motifs as previously mentioned as well.

I will say this: if you're going for the style they went in the first film, I'd say the most effective bit was the montage of Stark at work in the cave--particularly that moment of him hammering. Actually a neat little moment.

That's the music I was talking about. It's probably not even a theme. I don't know this score very well. The bit from the DVD menu and the moment you are talking about (I believe) is 1 minute into "Trinkets To Kill A Prince."