The official Muse thread

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've always been changing.

Too Queenish for my taste, and the ending was so lame.

Queenish can't be bad. I loved the Morricone meets Queen stuff in Knights of Cydonia.

This seems a little subdued at first. After several listens, I'm liking it more. We'll see what else the album brings... the 3-part "symphony" should be interesting.

...and nobody mentioned Temple of Doom yet?

I don't like Queen at all. :D I don't think Knights of Cydonia sounded Queenish, but some parts of United States of Eurasia really did (for me, at least). And I felt like the song wasn't complete... the ending was lazy and lame in my opinion. So I really hope ''Collateral Damage'' will finish the song.

I'm really looking forward to their new album... Can't wait for those symphonies.

I don't like Queen at all. :|

I love Queen!

I don't think Knights of Cydonia sounded Queenish

The multitrack vocal choir in the middle has a decidedly Queenish sound to it. Not as strong as Eurasia, of course, which could be straight out of We Are the Champions. ;)

It might wel be coincidental. But perhaps not. Bellamy has been opening concerts with the CE3K theme on his guitar, as heard & seen on the live album (and Williams gets official credit on the album).

Wow. Definite ripoff of Parade of the Slave Children!

I'd go with "homage" if the lyrics of this song had anything to do with the relevant material in TOD...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ha ha, I've heard that record a few times lately and never noticed the nod to ToD. Which is what I think it is. The snares say it all and I think its quite deliberate, consciously or otherwise.

• 4 months later...

I've been listening to this album a lot since it came out. I love it. Though I hardly ever listen to the last 3 tracks; Usually just the first 8

How do Muse fans find it compares to their othe albums? Its the only one of their albums I own.

I love all 3 singles from BH&R! However, I do like everything on The Resistance more than any of those songs. I'll have to give the whole album a spin, though.

I would LOVE to see Muse in concert

I would LOVE to see Muse in concert

They're touring Europe these days. No Austrian dates so far though. :P

I like the new album very much. The so-called "symphony" is a slight disappointment in that it's nice but nothing really outstanding. After all the rave reviews and Bellamy spending years arranging the orchestra parts, I was expecting a bit more then endless string arpeggios. Not that it's bad, but I like pretty much all the other stuff on the album more.

When I started out, Black Holes and Revelations was my favourite among their albums, even though it apparently gathered mostly slightly disappointed reviews compared to their earlier ones. It's probably my second favourite now since Absolution took the top spot (and not just, but also, for the absolutely brilliant Butterflies and Hurricanes).

• 2 years later...

I'd love to! Wish I had seen them before though, as now there will be that much less of their older songs I won't get to hear live. And, The Resistance is my favorite album of theirs, so I really should have seen them on that tour. Oh well

Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations are my favourites. Around that time these were new they were in Vienna the last time, but I wasn't aware of Muse back then. This is going to be my first Muse concert.

Judging from their live albums, there should be plenty of classics still on the set list though. I'm certainly hoping for Butterflies and Hurricanes.

Reading backwards through the olders posts, I mostly seem to be repeating myself in this last one. ;)

I'm not all that familiar with the band, but their album Black Holes & Revelations was really good. Some film music influences in there.

Karol

• 3 weeks later...

Looks nice. Their previous album cover looked nice, too.

But both are a far cry from their earlier designs, like the fantastic Absolution cover. (I have that as a poster above the piano, actually)

My favourite alternates between Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. The former boasts some of the most crunching arena rock songs while the latter is slightly poppier but also more experimental, with hints of cinematic influence. Black Holes is really good too, although two or three tracks weren't that good. Showbiz has many excellent single-ish songs. The Resistance sounds a lot softer and feels like they lost their rock edge, plus Bellamy's vocals were a far cry from before. I still like it though, always a fun band.

Survival sounds like they were trying to take the piss out of the Olympics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now why don't someone ask them to do a Bond song?

I've been asking (the world in general) that for years.

I'll wait for the CD rather than listen to the stream. It's on preorder.

• 7 months later...