Mark Snow's THE X-FILES scores (Volume 4 coming Tuesday December 1st)

Jay

Artwork approval was not an issue... it was getting the 4 discs packed with the absolute best material as we could. This is Mr. Snow's baby... his STAR WARS if you will. He, more than any one else, has been wanting to get this out there from the get-go. He wanted to ensure that the best material and the best listening experience was created, but at the same time designing it in such a fashion that us geeks would enjoy as well. It took a lot of finessing... tracks got cut, whole episodes swapped out... thus the reason for the delay

MV

DISC 4

TRACK 7 -- ALL THINGS -- WATERSON 3:13

DISC 3

TRIANGLE

TRACK 7 -- QUEEN OF SWATH 8:50

Our Mother's Day X Files Tracks (sorry, couldn't resist):

DISC 3

CHRISTMAS CAROL

TRACK 4 -- Mother Genes 3:53

and

TWO FATHERS

TRACK 20 -- A Mother's Abduction 3:02

Happy Mother's Day!

Fan made trailer for the set:

MV's reply:

HOLY F&^%! That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! That said, this is a fan made trailer. Neither Fox nor La La Land Records had anything to do with it.

MV

DISC 2

PAPER HEARTS

TRACK 14 -- EL CAMINO 6:39

Probably a bit more orchestral beef to the films.

I lost interest in the TV series after a season and a half.

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS!

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 1pm (PST) MAY 10, 2011

New Releases available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), MAY 10, 2011

"THE X-FILES: VOL. 1: LIMITED EDITION (4CD-BOX SET)"

Music by Mark Snow

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $49.98

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 10th

"SOCOM 4: LIMITED EDITION (2CD-SET)"

Music by Bear McCreary

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 10th

THE X-FILES: VOL. ONE: LIMITED EDITION (4CD-SET) LLLCD 1170

Music by Mark Snow

Limited Edition of 3000 Units STARTS SHIPPING MAY 10th

RETAIL PRICE $49.98

ORDER "THE X-FILES: VOL. ONE: LIMITED EDITION (4CD-BOX SET)" MAY 10th at www.lalalandrecords.com and get the composer, Mark Snow's autograph at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

La-La Land Records is proud to present THE X-FILES: VOL ONE, a limited edition 4-CD BOX SET chronicling the best musical moments from Chris Carter's classic sci-fi FOX television series starring David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. Acclaimed composer Mark Snow (MILLENNIUM, SMALLVILLE, GHOST WHISPERER, STARSKY AND HUTCH) created nine seasons of thrilling and mesmerizing score for this legendary show, expertly and elegantly weaving a complex musical tapestry of paranormal mystery, suspense, terror, hope and love that became as vital to the series' enduring success as its writing, cast, cinematography and editing. Music selections from 40 episodes that span the show's nine seasons are presented on four discs and complemented by a 40-page booklet – all of it housed within an attractive reinforced cardboard slipcase. Produced by Mark Snow, James Nelson and MV Gerhard and mastered by James Nelson, this limited edition of 3000 units features more than 5 hours of amazing score. Film music writer Randall D. Larson contributes in-depth liner notes, with new comments by the composer, and detailed track-by-track analysis. A must-have release for soundtrack enthusiasts and a meaningful keepsake for all fans of this beloved series.

TRACK LISTING:

Disc One:

1. THE X FILES Main Title (Season 1) 0:48

1X79 - PILOT

2. Scully To DC / Scully Meets Mulder 1:21

3. The Close Encounter 2:16

4. Scully & FBI Goon 0:35

5. FBI Secret Vaults 1:14

1X02 - SQUEEZE

6. Hidden Away 1:38

7. Slimed 0:41

8. Cuffed And Tubbed 2:16

1X09 - FALLEN ANGEL

9. On The Waterfront / Suspended Max 6:11

1X22 - ROLAND

10. Sweeper 1:47

11. Out The Window 1:29

12. Ramblin' Roland 2:05

1X23 - THE ERLENMEYER FLASK

13. Green Goo Chase 2:12

14. The Wells Brain 5:17

2X01 - LITTLE GREEN MEN

15. Dead Man's Thoughts 2:00

16. Fish Food 3:15

2X02 - THE HOST

17. Two Miles Off Jersey 2:45

18. Honey Wagon 2:03

19. Guillotined 3:54

2X08 - ONE BREATH

20. The Return 1:59

21. Uniforms 3:18

22. Players 3:33

23. Trust Your Pistol 0:58

24. Reanimation 1:32

25. Guardian Angel 1:13

2X25 - ANASAZI

26. The Mourn 3:20

27. Mercy Wound 4:08

28. Anasazi 8:35

29. THE X FILES End Credit (Extended #1) 0:35

Disc One Total Time: 72:58

Disc Two:

1. THE X FILES Main Title (Short) 0:37

3X09 - NISEI

2. Choo Choo Sushi 4:09

3. Rail Song 6:42

3X10 - 731

4. Graves 2:55

5. Derailed 11:53

3X15 - PIPER MARU

6. Back In The Hood 4:51

3X20 - JOSE CHUNG'S FROM OUTER SPACE

7. Harold & Chrissy 2:27

8. Closure 4:45

4X05 - THE FIELD WHERE I DIED

9. Dim Memories 1:05

10. Jonestown Cocktail 6:23

4X07 - MUSINGS OF A CIGARETTE SMOKING MAN

11. Extra-Ordinary Men 2:09

12. A Place In History 6:04

13. Respect 1:37

4X8 - PAPER HEARTS

14. El Camino 6:39

15. Watergate Heart 2:28

4X12 - KADDISH

16. Hanging Boy 2:47

17. Spirit Wedding 9:15

18. THE X FILES End Credit (Extended Remix) 2:11

Disc Two Total Time: 79:00

Disc Three:

1. THE X FILES Main Title (Remix - Short) 0:37

5X06 - THE POST-MODERN PROMETHEUS

2. JJ's Diner 1:50

3. Post-Modern Posse 9:20

5X05 - CHRISTMAS CAROL

4. Mother Genes 3:53

5X07 - EMILY

5. Little Box Of Sand 7:37

5X20 - THE END

6. Closure 8:08

6X03 - TRIANGLE

7. Quest For Swath 8:50

6X04 - DREAMLAND

8. Roadblock 1:05

9. Home Sweet Home 2:14

10. The Imposter 6:31

6X05 - DREAMLAND II

11. A Brief History Of Fox 1:27

12. Number 42 1:56

6X06 - HOW THE GHOSTS STOLE CHRISTMAS

13. House Organ / Irrational Fear 4:40

14. Bricks 0:39

15. Piano On The Tack 1:28

16. Fair Warning 3:03

17. Star Crossed Bullets 3:05

18. A Gift 1:45

6X11 - TWO FATHERS

19. The Patriarch 2:23

20. A Mother's Abduction 3:02

6X12 - ONE SON

21. Train Tune 4:47

22. THE X FILES End Credit (Extended #2) 1:31

Disc Three Total Time: 79:51

Disc Four:

1. THE X FILES Main Title (7th Season) 0:48

7X06 THE GOLDBERG VARIATION

2. Five Cards 3:09

7X01 THE SIXTH EXTINCTION

3. Sea Of Blood 5:57

7X02 THE SIXTH EXTINCTION II: AMOR FATI

4. The Martyr 1:28

7X04 - MILLENNIUM

5. The Smell Of Zombies 4:58

6. The End Of The Crusade 2:15

7X17 - ALL THINGS

7. Waterson 3:13

7X18 - HOLLYWOOD A.D.

8. Sniper Zombies 3:41

9. Dancing Bones 2:18

10. Hollywood 1:04

11. The Kiss 1:04

8X01 - WITHIN

12. Scully's Serenade 1:37

8X02 - WITHOUT

13. Hide & Seek 2:03

8X14 - THIS IS NOT HAPPENING

14. Starspeak 2:57

15. Hidden Truths / Big Happening 3:21

9X15 - JUMP THE SHARK

16. Triangle 0:41

17. Weird Organs 2:01

18. Lone Gunmen Requiem 8:13

9X17 - RELEASE

19. The Tip 2:33

20. A Synopsis & Release 5:38

9X19 - THE TRUTH PART 1

21. Mount Weather 6:32

9X20 - THE TRUTH PART 2

22. Scary Story / For Whom The Smoke Blows 7:26

23. The Truth Is Inside 3:01

24. THE X FILES Main Title (remix) 3:25

25. I Made This/ 20th Century Fox Fanfare* 0:09

* - Music By Alfred Newman

Disc Four Total Time: 79:38

Total Set Running Time: 311:27

SOCOM 4: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1175

Music by Bear McCreary

Limited Edition of 2000 Units STARTS SHIPPING MAY 10th

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER "SOCOM 4: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)" MAY 10th at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Bear McCreary at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed. For a limited time.

La-La Land Records and Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) proudly present the original score to the all-new hit videogame SOCOM 4, the latest installment in the wildly successful SOCOM series. Renowned composer Bear McCreary (TV's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, HUMAN TARGET, EUREKA, TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES) pulls out all the musical stops with a powerful orchestral score recorded on the famed Warner Bros. Eastwood Scoring Stage in Los Angeles and at Skywalker Studios in Northern California. These live orchestral performances, including a gamelan ensemble, make for a heart-pounding musical journey that airdrops the listener deep within the game's white-knuckle action. It's one of the most adaptive and dynamic game scores ever created for the medium, pushing the boundaries of what music can accomplish in a video game. Produced by Bear McCreary and MV Gerhard and mastered by Marc Senasac, this limited edition release of 2000 units features exclusive liner note comments from the composer and the game's producers.

TRACK LISTING

Disc One:

1. Theme from SOCOM 4 (4:38)

2. Countdown (2:31)

3. Naga Formation (3:30)

4. Gold Team (3:11)

5. Clawhammer (2:19)

6. Razad's Tarocco (3:47)

7. Rendezvous in the Mountains (3:35)

8. Clawhammer's Betrayal (3:44)

9. Revelation (3:29)

10. Leviathan (4:05)

11. The Flooded Fields (6:22)

12. Turning Point (3:30)

13. Fluid Dynamics (8:05)

14. Gorman's Orders (4:12)

RUNNING TIME: 56:58

Disc Two:

1. Onslaught at the Bridge (3:52)

2. Passing the Mantle (4:21)

3. Safehouse (5:04)

4. Means to an End (4:30)

5. Uninvited Guest (6:06)

6. Benefaction (6:45)

7. White Tiger (3:33)

8. The Fortress (2:06)

9. Battle for Control (3:33)

10. Holding the Trigger (2:24)

11. The Pursuit of Vengeance (10:20)

RUNNING TIME: 52:34

TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 109:32

X-FILES SHIPPING INFO:

The following special shipping charges will be added to each X-FILES purchase at www.lalalandrecords.com : North America: $4.00 Foreign: $7.00 NOTE: These charges are in addition to the standard base shipping rate of $4.00 North America and $8.00 Foreign. For example, the first unit of the X-FILES SET ordered would have a total shipping charge of $8.00 North America and $15.00 Foreign. Each additional X-Files set ordered beyond the first adds $4.00 North America and $7.00 Foreign.

NEW RELEASE SPECIALS! To celebrate our new releases, we're offering Mark Snow's THE LONE GUNMEN: LIMITED EDITION at a special sale price of only $9.98 each and Bear McCreary's HUMAN TARGET: LIMITED EDITION (3CD-SET) at a special sale price of only $19.98 each! These special prices are good starting MAY 10th (1pm PST) thru JUNE 6th. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

http://secure.campai...2n--7mcV-gkivq0

xfiles.jpg

I only have two cues from the actual show, from From Outer Space, and by the timings, they seem to be the two Snow has selected. Awesome.

Although final deliberation on this set will wait until I hear some samples. This has been a pricey month.

I'm so pumped for this release. A bit disappointed there's only one track from "Triangle" (though it runs for 9 minutes - but it's my absolute favorite episode score, and it should be released entirely!), and none at all from "Gethsemane", amazingly. There are one or two other weird oversights, but I can understand they're holding it for Volume 2, and right they are. As long as Volume 2 wouldn't fall through, of course. ;) Overall though, it looks like a super assembly. Can't wait for this.

Also got my third Mark Snow autograph by the looks of it.

I should really order a McCreary autographed soundtrack once, too, but those Socom samples did nothing to me, even though I generally like that style of his. Perhaps he should leave those drums behind for once.

It would have been foolish for them to have released 4 CDs of the very best music as Volume 1, and 4CDs of "just good" music as Volume 2. Makes much more sense for both volumes to features the best music blended with other "just good" music. No complains here.

That is a good-lookin' box set! I'm afraid I still won't be buying it, but I applaud La-La Land for their art direction on this - and I'm sure many people will enjoy the release, too. If I had all the money in the world, I'd buy it, too, and enjoy it from time to time. Too synthy to be worth my money right now, though.

Crap. Just missed an autographed copy by a few numbers.

Oh well - the music is more than enough to make me happy! :D

If you have any music you'd like to see in next year X-Files Volume 2 box set, head over to FSM and post in this thread:

http://filmscoremont...?threadID=78875

MV recently popped into it and had this to say:

I appreciate this thread. It will really help us on Volume 2. My first pass on this set about 18 months turned out to be 16 discs! Second pass was 10. lol

Most of those episodes listed above were on this 4 disc set at one point, but like a puzzle, we had to try and move the pieces all around until it fit perfectly for this volume.

Here is an example: Redux II made the last to final cut, but it did not make sense to have Redux II on this volume and Redux I on Volume 2, so both went to be used on Volume 2.

This Volume is certainly heavier on themes and melody.... the pretty stuff. Volume 2 will feature more of the action and suspense music... Gothic chanting and spine tingling tunes.

MV

He might be, but as his post shows, he dwindled it from 15CDs, to 10CDs, and already knows most the stuff he wants to use on the Volume 2 set, so there maybe not be room for suggestions, really -- I speculate -- until Volume 3 -- maybe even Volume 4.

Must we be so negative about a follow-up to a release that nobody has heard as yet?!

I'm sure that there will be a lot of crossover between any suggestions and the pieces that MV has already selected for volume two. Some people will always be disappointed, firstly because it appears to be their default state of mind, and secondly because Mark Snow probably wrote over 150 hours of music for this series!

Exactly ^^^

In fact, I was happy to be positive about a Volume 3 or 4, though no mentioned has been made.

The REAL negativity lies with the Warner Bros. Water Tower Music release of "Smallville", which pretty much KILLS any LLLR set.

We only chose key music from the episodes we picked. I tried not to leave off anything great because I do not wish to include MORE music from an episode that was on Volume 1 and put it on Volume 2.

That said, if there is an overwhelming demand from the fans that a certain piece should be made available then we will do our best to include it on Volume 2.

MV

I've started a new FSM thread on this so as to have a clear overview of the absolute favourite wanted cues and hopefully not disappoint anyone, as the amount of requests is getting overwhelming.

In case there's some huge X-Files fans like myself around these parts: here's what I came up with:

- Everyone PM me their 4+2 favourite cues: 4 absolute must-haves and 2 other favourites.

- If you can, also cite the approximate cue/track length in min/sec in order to clearly delineate the tracks you'd like.

- Do NOT post your requests in the thread. That's the main idea: in this way we're sure to be left with everyone's top favourites without influence. (And in this way there are bound to be some doubles which might make a final list shorter and more workable.)

Cheers!

I'm not really big into the X-Files online community and I have done a few google searches without success. Does anybody know where I might find a list of the previously released X-Files cues (prior to the La La Land 4 Disc release) and where they fall in the series? Is there a breakdown of sorts like that online? I saw one once, but I do not recall where it is.

Here's a The Truth & the Light breakdown.

The suite on The Snow Files is a 'rerecorded' suite of some of these pieces but this time without SFX/dialogue. It only adds one previously unreleased piece: the finale of "Jose Chung's From Outer Space", which is on LaLaLand's Volume 1 I think.

Then there are promos of "Jose Chung's From Outer Space", "A Christmas Carol" and "The Post-Modern Prometheus".

That's about it, I believe.

That's the one. Thank you. Now I'm going to go through and watch my favorite episodes to see what music that I'm interested in has yet to be released.

Mine arrived either Friday or Saturday, but I haven't even had time to take it out of shrinkwrap yet!

It was packaged PERFECTLY. Inside a large bubble-wrapped envelope was a small cardboard sleeve, plus two additional items wrapped in MORE bubble wrap!

The cardboard sleeve contained a signed copy of the X-Files jewel case cover. The first bubble wrapped item was the X-Files set in shrinkwrap. The second bubble-wrapped item was actually 2 things: the SOCOM 4 set in shrinkwrap and a signed copy of the entire booklet. Amazing!

I at least did that, and skimmed the book, at least the early sections before the track-by-track analysis began. But I didn't rip the tracks yet, or scan in my autographed CD jacket to use as cover art.

Yes, the packaging was superb.

Still hasn't arrived damnit. Normally I can't be bothered when something arrives (there's enough to listen to after all), but I find myself just sitting here and waiting for this one. I haven't been excited like this about a CD since the Indiana Jones box.

Oh no! The last 30 seconds of the final track of my unblemished Disc 3 ("The X-Files End Credit (Extended #2)") skip badly and then cut off entirely before the track is actually finished. I've tried it on three different players, including a PC, and get the same glitches. You may all want to check yours, too; I'd hate to think there's a mastering error brought about by LLL running the music on this disc literally all the way to the edge of the plastic. I fired off an email to LLL this morning, falling on their mercy for a replacement of this single disc.

EDIT: Just got kind word from MV that a replacement is on the way...thank heavens!

It might be a bad batch or it might be the player. We have checked ones here and they play just fine. We have received 3 other emails regarding this error. I emailed the plant to check to see if its just a bad batch of cds. I'll keep you posted. Just check your cd in the mean time and let us know if there is something wrong with it. It's about 1:10 into track 22 on disc 3

Thanks

MV

Still waiting to find out from the plant what the dealio is in regards to disc 3.

In the mean time, I have cannibalized about a dozen box sets and yanked out disc 3, played them in 3 different players and we are A-okay with these discs. I already have a mailing address from Charles Thaxton and a few other chaps who got bad discs. I will be sending you the "OKAYED" ones asap.

Should anyone else have a bummer disc send me an email (and please make sure you have a bad one and not be paranoid and think that you DO HAVE ONE without listening to it first).

info@lalaland-ent.com

MV

I got word back from our pressing plant as well as James Nelson, the mastering engineer on the project -- There is nothing wrong with the Master. It was a bad batch of cds. How many, we don't know... but since we have sent out nearly 1800 units and only 10 people (plus 2 I have here in the office) have been reported bad it's a safe bet its not a bunch of them.

I have already had the 10 replacement copies packed up and ready to ship off today for those who emailed me. I personally went through the discs using 3 players here in the office and they are all fine.

Should you have one of the bad ones, once again email me for a replacement:

info@lalaland-ent.com

MV

I wonder how many people will actually get around to playing the set right away? ;) Some may sit for months while people go through their stacks of previously purchased CDs.

I haven't even taken the shrinkwrap off yet, but will do so soon so I can check my disc 3

I wonder how many people will actually get around to playing the set right away? ;) Some may sit for months while people go through their stacks of previously purchased CDs.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Haha don't worry, you're not alone! I'm only just now listening to stuff I got in the middle of March!

I kind of understand this predicament, albeit in digital form - I have yet to listen to the full albums for most of my LE purchases. Although mostly it's because listening to an entire album isn't my style.

In fact I was browsing through my folders last night, and realised the vast amount of music I rarely listen to, even though it's all fantastic stuff. But it does justify my 'policy' of being extremely selective with LEs. I decided not to buy the X-Files box, and having been able to preview the first CD, I'm glad I didn't rush into anything. Turned out to be a bit too synthy for me.