So Ridley Scott is directing an Alien prequel... (The official Prometheus Thread)

crocodile

What a terrific teaser!

1. It gives a great sense of what the film will be like without giving anything away

2. Leaves you instantly yearning for more

3. Hinted at being tied to the original Alien film without directly saying so

I loved the 70s look it had, and the special effects were very good - didn't look like typical CGI ever.

Hopefully the film itself will be good - I trust the director, actors, set design, cinematography, etc - It all hinges on whether or not the script is any good

Strongly agreed on all points!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just realized that this film is released in Spain two months late, meaning I won't be able to go see it in English, meaning I won't see it at the theater. I hope a good HD rip doesn't last much to appear on the Internet.

Nah, anyone under 25 who lives and breathes FB are its generation. You know - those stupid eyelash obsessed pouting girls who feed off the constant attention from sex mad male 'friends' via throwaway compliments and remarks on their 'wall'. The ones you see updating their status on the train and in the cinema. They're the FB gen. For them it's a way of life.

They aren't interested in seeing a new Alien movie, but Fox wants them to be.

Nah, anyone under 25 who lives and breathes FB are its generation. You know - those stupid eyelash obsessed pouting girls who feed off the constant attention from sex mad male 'friends' via throwaway compliments and remarks on their 'wall'. The ones you see updating their status on the train and in the cinema. They're the FB gen. For them it's a way of life.

Like you've never posted on a JWFAN thread from a train or a cinema!

Yeah, Quint, I never understood how you combine your omnipresence here with being a working man with wife and baby.

Edit: Strange, it's 14:25 and still no reply/reaction from Quint. Did something happen to him? Is he banned again?

Unfortunately for me I do have to do some work, from time to time ;)

If you've ever noticed how I tend to edit and add to my posts long after submitting them, it's guaranteed to be because of some real world distraction, or my daughter.

But yeah, my phone (and iPad when at home) are what make it so quick and easy to keep tabs on my favorite online pals at JWFan.

Hey, she's a pain in the bloody arse when you're trying to type up a reply (including images of hairstyles) to Alexcremers!

You friggin' carefree singletons haven't a clue how hard it is to juggle fatherhood and JWFan!

So, is this the first time ever that they filmed a separate standalone scene in order to promote a movie? And is the scene truly directed by the son of Scott?

BTW, if this is the tone of Prometheus, then it isn't as low-key as the tone in Alien.

Alex

So, is this the first time ever that they filmed a separate standalone scene in order to promote a movie? And is the scene truly directed by the son of Scott?

No and yes, apparently.

I remember Watchmen had viral videos. They were awesome.

Well to be blunt, the "space jockey" discovered on LV-426* wasn't human, but it wasn't xenomorph either. That makes it alien. And if there is a species of space jockeys and a species of humans and a species of monster that breeds with whatever it wraps its facehugger around, then we "assume" there are plenty more species of "alien" life forms out there.

Yet there is only one alien that is truly the Alien, the titular monster of our series. This could be all very confusing trying to take this seriously.

* I don't think LV-426 was named until Cameron's movie, making it another non sequitur in the eyes of the cos man, but it's easier to type than "the planet that the Nostromo looked at in the first movie." Oh dear, I ended up typing a lot more.