Your favorite moment in Chamber of Secrets

ChrisAfonso

When listening to the CD, what is your favorite moment? Can be half a minute, can be just one second. Just try to pick one :)

As much as I love several complete tracks in this CD, especially "Fawkes the Phoenix" and "Dobby the House Elf", this one moment that always sends shivers down my spine is just a two second segment in "Fawkes is reborn". I first noticed this bit in the movie and thought "This is just brilliant", but couldn't find it on the CD, but then I found out it was there, only I searched in the wrong track.

This is the three bars or so of soft, sad woodwind chords playing the beginning of the secondary motive from the "Fawkes" concert track (occuring in the film when Fawkes heals Harry's mortal wound with his tears). Just these two seconds of music, with the picture before my inner eye of this beautiful bird crying his soft tears, touch me more than anything else on this soundtrack, and on many other soundtracks.

Now I've written much more than I planned to, but that's the power of John Williams's music... just wanted to express that. :mrgreen:

-Chris, listening to CoS at least twice a day

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty difficult, as there are so many highlights of the score. I would say that my favorite moment is right at the beginning of Dueling the Basilisk, when Fawkes' Theme is played so dramatically and potently. I find it so moving and powerful, almost epic in a way. And it's even better with the visuals of Fawkes soaring in to drop Harry the hat. This is a great topic, by the way. Hearing about others' favorite moment(s) is a really good way to delve deeper into a new score.

Ray Barnsbury

This is pretty difficult, as there are so many highlights of the score.  I would say that my favorite moment is right at the beginning of Dueling the Basilisk, when Fawkes' Theme is played so dramatically and potently.  I find it so moving and powerful, almost epic

Yes,THAT,and...,

When listening to the CD, what is your favorite moment? :)

segment in "Fawkes is reborn". I first noticed this bit in the movie and thought "This is just  

That cue is better IMO than the concert version"Fawkes the Phoenix",and my favourite overall cue of the CoS.c.d.

"Doobie the House Elf"

That three,especially when the theme comes in at the end of the cue,very energetic,too bad that wasn't in he movie

k.M.

My favorite track is the Chamber of Secrets.

I think it is one of the most complex themes I listened to in a long time,

but to narrow that "MOMENT", I would have to go with the beginning of Fawkes theme where the harp strings begin. It is such a liquid melody, so flowing, so delicate and beautiful. That is my favorite moment in the COS soundtrack.

SPOILER

My favorite moment in the film is when Harry causes Dobby to be free, and Lucius attacks Harry and Dobby intervenes

Of the CD: Track 03 THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS from 2:25 to 3:19. You can hear the power & beauty of pure evil!!

Slytherin to its core!!

Of the Film: all of the "fly-bys" of Hogwarts :wow:

The last 30 seconds have to be the best of both the film and the soundtrack. I heard in the film the Leaving Hogwarts lifting and mentally grumbled, but its breakout into a fanfare, and the great tracking shot that closes the film was pretty excellent.

The Chamber of Secrets is certainly one of the highlights, the best bits being the climatic section after about 2/3rds of the cue, and of course the smashing finale. I also like the grand version of Dobby the House Elf (somewhere in the middle of his track) and the grand statement of Fawke's theme during the Basilisk fight. And the beginning of The Dueling Club.

:) Alexis Zorbas (Mikis Theodorakis)

Man so many......in the score. Of course the amazing finale.And the most rythmic sections of The Flying Car.

In the film. The end with Hagrid

Justin

There are many moments

Especialy the chamber of secrets itself and of course Fawkes the Phoenix. Everytime these themes appear in the soundtrack then ....

Well I cannot control myself and I have to sing out loud the whole theme

But the part which are cept from the "old" soundtrack still sent shivers down my spine. Especialy those in the flying car and the ending of reunion of friends

The more I listen to it the more I'm beginning to like it

Of the CD: Track 03 THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS from 2:25 to 3:19. You can hear the power & beauty of pure evil!!  

Slytherin to its core!!

Of the Film: all of the "fly-bys" of Hogwarts  :wow:

I could not have said it better myself

Slytherin rulezzz