Star Wars Suite - Best Recording?

Greg1138

one of his choices of tempi is just plain wrong, I think

Out of interest: Which one?

I'm not telling you, since I revisited the actual score after posting that and realised that I do him a disservice - he got it right, it's me (and a few others!) who have been getting it wrong!!! laugh.gif

By the way, does your (or anyone else's) CE3K suite have a click right at the big climax of the theme? Or is that just my CD?

Haven't noticed it - can you give an exact time?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not telling you, since I revisited the actual score after posting that and realised that I do him a disservice - he got it right, it's me (and a few others!) who have been getting it wrong!!! laugh.gif

Oh. :)

By the way, does your (or anyone else's) CE3K suite have a click right at the big climax of the theme? Or is that just my CD?

Haven't noticed it - can you give an exact time?

I must have mis-described it. And I'm a bit puzzled myself. There's one glitch at 15:00, but I'm pretty sure there must be another one during a climax somewhere else which I can't find now... I've so gotten used to it that I actually miss it when I listen to the suite on The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The tracks in the Gerhardt Star Wars recordings are not in film order. Are they best experienced in album order? Does placing them into movie order detract from the whole re-recording experience?

Though I will consider making the Fox Fanfare from TESB into its own track, and placing it in front of the other two scores, just to start the films off properly.

I find the Throne Room and End Titles track from Star Wars to be utterly fantastic. It contains the extended Throne Room bit, which was then used again in the RotS end credits, and also contains the triumphant brass line at the very end, which was used in RotJ and the concert versions that I've heard. Good stuff.