The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Ordered Empire of the Son and X-Men 2 to take advantage of the free shipping. How long does delivery to Europe usually take? This is my first time ordering from them.

There's a few other releases that are tempting so I might be ordering again next month.

I've got the Super Tracks release from Krull which as to I understand is a boot...but it was a free gift from a fellow film score friend. I honestly couldn't get into this one like I thought I have with other Horner titles...I dunno just doesn't sit with me very well.

I think Krull speaks to me more than Horner's Star Trek scores. Horner worked overtime to give the movie urgency and drama the film otherwise lacks... and it just grabbed me. "Ride of the Firemares" works gangbusters in the film.

It is one of those awful films that gave birth to a masterful score almost overflowing with enthusiasm and movie music magic.

Krull is NOT an awful film!

No it is damnably awful! I'll just stick to the score divorced from the movie. It is better that way.

I started to watch the movie but gave up after a half hour, and it hasn't been on Netflix for a few years. I'll also continue to enjoy the score separate from the movie.

It's a very feverishly over-enthusiastic score. Fitting, given that Horner wrote very quick while suffering from bad flu.

Karol - who has got LLL's 2010 edition

It's a very feverishly over-enthusiastic score. Fitting, given that Horner wrote very quick while suffering from bad flu.

Will we get a deep and thorough analysis of Horner's psychological mindset while composing Krull like we did for Jerry Goldsmith working on Star Trek Nemesis?

Will we get a deep and thorough analysis of Horner's psychological mindset while composing Krull like we did for Jerry Goldsmith working on Star Trek Nemesis?
Over-analysis is Blume's domain, I believe. ;)

Karol

Just so long as he doesn't delve into the type of bagel Horner had in the morning dictating orchestration and/or harmonic decisions.

I started to watch the movie but gave up after a half hour, and it hasn't been on Netflix for a few years. I'll also continue to enjoy the score separate from the movie.

I started to watch it on Netflix a while back, but I stopped when I realized they had cropped it from 2.35:1 to 1.78:1.

But now that I've thought of it again, I've just reserved the DVD at the library.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone estimate that the Krull cd could be OOP soon?

It seems we could be cut off from the rest of the world for months here, and can't do ANY purchase from abroad at all at the moment. (or send money to someone abroad)

:(

Glad this didn't happen before A.I. was released..

I think it will last

There are 3,000 of the Supertrax and now 5,000 of the LLL to go around

If they put out a OOP soon warning, I'll buy one for you and hold it till whenever

I think it will last

There are 3,000 of the Supertrax and now 5,000 of the LLL to go around

If they put out a OOP soon warning, I'll buy one for you and hold it till whenever

Oh, you've very kind but to tell you the truth I would feel uncomfortable with this.

But thank you very much. :)

Hope the situation changes soon.. Banks are opening here on Monday, but no clue yet what will be done about purchases through the internet.

On another note:

I wonder on what Mission Impossible this hint just posted by La-laland refers too:

905809_10153575261943755_652775555541669

The movies?

the original series?

The 80s revival series?

edit: oh, it seems the screenshot is from the original series.

filmmusic, are you serious?

La-La Land is releasing the OST to Mission Impossible 5 on the 28th.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18099&p=1144242

Oh, hadn't noticed that (or better, I forgot about it)

I forget about releases that don't interest me.

I ordered Krull when the re-release was announced last Tuesday and it was delivered to me in London today, less than a week later. I wonder if La-La Land employed Firemares to carry out their overseas deliveries? If so the fantastical equine beasts are also to be commended for not cracking the CD case during transit.

:music: Krull (Sir Jim Horner)

I ordered Krull when the re-release was announced last Tuesday and it was delivered to me in London today, less than a week later. I wonder if La-La Land employed Firemares to carry out their overseas deliveries? If so the fantastical equine beasts are also to be commended for not cracking the CD case during transit.

:music: Krull (Sir Jim Horner)

Yeah LLL is sometimes surprisingly quick with their deliveries to Europe. I think the record is 3 business days for one of my parcels. Let's hope those Firemares gallop next to Finland with top speed.

filmmusic, are you serious?

La-La Land is releasing the OST to Mission Impossible 5 on the 28th.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18099&p=1144242

well, it was the television scores after all! ;)

I knew it was really weird to have posted that photo which has nothing to do with Mission Impossible 5.

I didn't know though that Mission Impossible music was so much sought after, that La-laland would tackle with it.

Because to release it, it means that there were requests for it, right?

My Little Pony the Original Series

and

Care Bears Mega Box with TV Series and Care Bear Movies scores!

Low quantity alerts:

Battlestar Galactica Mini Series - less than 100
Night of the Creeps - less than 15
Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm - less than 50
Human Target - less than 75
Socom 4 - less than 75
The Robe - less than 100
Jennifer 8 - less than 100
Warning Shot - less than 50
Green Lantern TAS Vol 1 - less than 100
Gunfight at the OK Corral - less than 50
Escape From LA - less than 100
Bonnie and Clyde - less than 100
Transformers Age of Extinction - less than 75
The Blue Max - Less than 40

We have just put into motion one of our planned classic tv sets for 2016...hopefully out same time next year.

Mr. Burlingame is as giddy as a school boy over this 2016 set. One of his dream projects for sure.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=110988&forumID=1&archive=0

Let the speculation begin!

Wha? They already released ALL of Star Trek a few years back.

This is some other 60s-70s show.

I was referring to the original series.

MV's post was about a "classic" TV series. He means a 60s-70s show, like their Mission Impossible box.

We already know Voyager, Enterprise, and TNG boxes are in the works. This is something else.