The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

I really hope either Tomorrow Never Dies or The World Is Not Enough is part of this batch!  So cool they were able to do Die Another Day last year!

I would be happy with that. Die Another Day actually changed my opinion of the score quite a bit. TWINE would be probably more desirable but, at the same time, I haven't got the expanded TND so it's fine with me either way.

Karol

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I'd prefer TWINE as it's got actual unreleased material. Plus Snow Business in decent quality.

There is music recorded for TND that is not available on the OST, expansion, or iso score.

And I don't think any label uses the existence of bootlegs or blu ray special features to determine if they should license a title or not.  It's still the first way to get a proper, composer-approved album of the complete score.

2 hours ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

Personally, I would like Child’s Pl-

“OH, SHUT UP!”

And so Kasey becomes the Smeagol-Gollum of the board.

Wasn't there going to be an X-Files Vol 4 this year too? I'm guessing that is pushed to 2019. 

41 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Hopefully, the Die Hard 4CD set including the OST will be part of the Black Friday batch. We've been waiting for that release for so long now.

What do you mean “we”? 

93B4D5BC-9A4D-4D24-9BA5-7569AAC5400E.png

Are we likely to have track listings for whatever gets announced tomorrow? Or will those be withheld for a few days until samples go up? 

It seems to be a bit different depending on the release. 

Considering that it was a bonus on top of the actual score I would say that set was pretty OK.

18 minutes ago, Holko said:

It was so fun spending 2-3 days trying to find out if Botanicus is included and concluding "fuck knows"!

It was even funnier to see you doing that, not knowing what Botanicus was and then discovering I didn't care about it at all.

24 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

It was even funnier to see you doing that, not knowing what Botanicus was and then discovering I didn't care about it at all.

How dare you? Botanicus is the finest composition in Williams' career. ;)

Karol

First of all, the Botanicus Theme is JW's greatest composition. Second, the sound quality was indeed a massive disappointment. It basically still sounds like a bootleg. It's an improvement over the actual bootleg track, but that isn't saying much. There's this irritating buzzing sound throughout.

Universal Studios hasn't even played the music when the frequently broken Botanicus robot appears with extremely limited movement to the delight of approximately none of the stinky foreign tourists for possibly decades now. It's a wonder it wasn't completely lost.

I'm a big fan of Williams music from that era. It would have been composed around the time of Always and Indiana Jones III. I remember hearing the music as a child waiting in line for the E.T. ride while Botanicus addressed us like an alien deity. I became obsessed with it when I got the silvenir videotape which actually featured some of the music. It's one of the last things from my childhood that hasn't been tainted with the passage of time.